Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Waghorn

Oh my word - I've just entirely agreed with you in the other waggy thread!!!!! The wine must be kicking in!!!

Hey up Waller, I'm gonna agree with Col he's scaring me tonight with his agression :D just trying to catch up with him but not got enough Guinness in :beer: please don't tell me it's a cheeky little red!

Hey up Waller, I'm gonna agree with Col he's scaring me tonight with his agression :D just trying to catch up with him but not got enough Guinness in :beer: please don't tell me it's a cheeky little red!

lol .... I'll switch to the Guinness then .... don't want to upset him tonight either - or spill his pint!!!!

And no ... it was a floral white!!!

Work rate superb, however when he gets within 20 yrds of goal his bottom falls out, final pass mostly crap, in front of goal absolutly dreadful, sure he is lacking confidence in front of goal but things you expect of a stricker to do like follwing up a shot in case the keeper spills is non existent, best Leicester player Tuesday night at Bolton and OK today but the last third of the pitch dire !!!!

My patience is running to tethers with him how many more chances does he need to score a goal absolutely diabolical. Fair play that his work ethic is good that is the only thing commendable from his, his accuracy in front of goal is beyond crap.

I'm in a strange predicament ,really didn't rate Waggy like some on here do (MARK W. agthorn) but what I have seen and heard his other part of the game has been superb..it's just the most important bit .scoring that concerns me.Where I didn't give a fook before,I want him to score more than any other City player ,and I'm not too sure how much longer we can keep the faith in him.Really hope he scores next match.He is growing on me but he needs to turn me by doing what he is paid for.

Waghorn has really played his way into a starting postion. Held the ball up well and connected with Nugent. Some people will say he can't finish, but those people are blind and didn't see the goal-line clearance or one of the best saves of the season. I seem to remember only one of his efforts being off target today. Yes, maybe he should have pulled the trigger earlier, but he would probably have been off balance, etc. It really wasn't that clear cut.

For me he was MotM today.

Strikers are all about confidence. He needs a goal off his backside or something and maybe we'll get the best out of him! :fc:

Anyone saying he should have pull the trigger first time is talking bullshit. I said in the match thread, had he shot first time it would have been blocked by the defender standing right in front of him or the keeper would have saved it. He did what hundreds have strikers have done down the years, he faked the shot, fooled the defender and goalkeeper (you see how the keeper dived and the defender slid in, both to attempt to block a shot that never came), and gave himself a clearer sight of goal. Were it not for an excellent piece of defending by Elliott Ward he would have scored. If you don't realise that's what he was doing you need to watch more football, because you don't understand it.

No criticism of Waghorn for not scoring there, all credit should go to Ward for saving it.

Anyone saying he should have pull the trigger first time is talking bullshit. I said in the match thread, had he shot first time it would have been blocked by the defender standing right in front of him or the keeper would have saved it. He did what hundreds have strikers have done down the years, he faked the shot, fooled the defender and goalkeeper (you see how the keeper dived and the defender slid in, both to attempt to block a shot that never came), and gave himself a clearer sight of goal. Were it not for an excellent piece of defending by Elliott Ward he would have scored. If you don't realise that's what he was doing you need to watch more football, because you don't understand it.

No criticism of Waghorn for not scoring there, all credit should go to Ward for saving it.

Exactly, watching the replay, Waghorn could not have done more to score from that chance. If Ward is a fraction of a second late clearing that, it's a goal. Felt sorry for Waghorn today, his best performance in ages, but just desperately unlucky at times not to score.

If he keeps playing like this, he will start scoring goals, then his confidence will be back.

Waghorn's build up play is superb, in front of goal he is lost.

We should loan him out and let another side draw him a picture of the posts, we need an accomplished finisher to compliment Nugent right away.

We cant afford to drop points like this.

Make no bones about it, The same people who are currently praising Waggy for his work rate and endeavour but overlooking his raison d'être, ie. scoring goals, will be the same people who will be slating Pearson for not signing another goal scorer if we fail to get promotion.

Yes he tried very hard yesterday, but the chances missed meant two points dropped. They could be invaluable come the end of the season.

Work rate superb, however when he gets within 20 yrds of goal his bottom falls out, final pass mostly crap, in front of goal absolutly dreadful, sure he is lacking confidence in front of goal but

things you expect of a stricker to do like follwing up a shot in case the keeper spills is non existent, best Leicester player Tuesday night at Bolton and OK today but the last third of the pitch dire !!!!

He absolutely did follow up shots, I remarked on this with my lad yesterday. He's had no luck, he followed one in yesterday and the keeper spilled it the other way. He needs a break, a rebound off his arse or something, he scores for fun in the stiffs but needs a 1st team goal & I think (hope?) he'll be banging them in after that.

Make no bones about it, The same people who are currently praising Waggy for his work rate and endeavour but overlooking his raison d'être, ie. scoring goals, will be the same people who will be slating Pearson for not signing another goal scorer if we fail to get promotion.

No.

He absolutely did follow up shots, I remarked on this with my lad yesterday. He's had no luck, he followed one in yesterday and the keeper spilled it the other way. He needs a break, a rebound off his arse or something, he scores for fun in the stiffs but needs a 1st team goal & I think (hope?) he'll be banging them in after that.

We both hope he gets it right and starts scoring, Confidence, Anticipation, Positioning, Gut Feeling and Luck are all major attributes for strickers, some strickers are luckier than others or are they ?, these strickers score more goals, example's being Lineker, its not just luck we know that. Waggy's record for scoring goals for us (and other teams) is not good.

Archived