Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Waghorn

That's a measured response, but I can't be arsed to play scrabble this time of night! Peoples traits make them what they are!

You should try crosswords then you could try and work out what I'd rather call you.

Enjoy scrabble, I've been forced onto words with friends which isn't nearly as elegantly designed.

You should try crosswords then you could try and work out what I'd rather call you.

Enjoy scrabble, I've been forced onto words with friends which isn't nearly as elegantly designed.

I don't mind a bit of banter Mike, however the points I made in previous exchanges were about your inability to let something go it's a trait of yours,I think you could lighten up a bit I have no idea how old you are but i would guess early to mid 20s,I maybe wrong but with life experience comes maturity.Enjoy thinking about your response and try to dwell on the aforementioned first. Before you get abusive think about this.....Do I know this person? If I met him in person would I say this to his face? Is a little lighthearted banter worth getting all anal and abusive over? :P Now realise when someone is having a bit of fun and learn some humility!

I don't mind a bit of banter Mike, however the points I made in previous exchanges were about your inability to let something go it's a trait of yours,I think you could lighten up a bit I have no idea how old you are but i would guess early to mid 20s,I maybe wrong but with life experience comes maturity.Enjoy thinking about your response and try to dwell on the aforementioned first. Before you get abusive think about this.....Do I know this person? If I met him in person would I say this to his face? Is a little lighthearted banter worth getting all anal and abusive over? :P Now realise when someone is having a bit of fun and learn some humility!

That's not it no, remember there were only 4 stars in my response so that'd indicate a four letter word.

I'll probably get slated for this, but I think we should persevere with Waghorn because I do think that once he scores one goal, he'll start finding the net regularly again. His all round play has improved a lot over the past few games, to the point where if he'd scored the chances he created he would have been walking off with the match ball. He's obviously bereft of confidence at the minute and strikers need goals to get that confidence back. He just needs one to go in, whether he shins in it, it comes off his arse... whatever.

Obviously, if Nugent's injured, we're going to have to persevere with him until he's back, or until we can get someone in on loan, but I think Ipswich is the perfect opportunity for both us and Martyn Waghorn - we really need to punish a side to get us back on track. They've improved a bit since McCarthy took over, but I think we can really put them to the sword if we play like we're capable of.

I know Waghorn can finish, I've seen it enough times - he's done it for the first team, he's done it for the u21's, he's done it for the England u21's... He's getting into good goalscoring positions every single game now too and his all round game looks a lot better than it did during our last playoff season. Give him more games, get behind him and I'm convinced he'll come good.

I have always rated Waghorn and if everyone in the team gave the effort Waggie gives, we wont be too far off promotion. His goals will come and really think he needs more starting opportunities with Nugent- here's hoping Nugent's injury isn't too serious.

Let's just get right behind all the players as I am sure decent support goes a long way to giving players more confidence.

Just saw the highlights, Camp pulled off a worldy to stop him netting from the header second half.

At least it seems he's stopped skying them so much. :thumbup:

Well worth his starting place now by the sound of it, and surely, SURELY, he'll net soon. Please? :ph34r:

Cmon Mark..

That's such a weak argument and appears you are making it on the back of nothing else to add on the Waghorn subject. Lots of people have explained why they think Waghorn won't score us enough goals.

Most unlike you to be fair.

And many of those people also said he wasn't capable of putting in the kind of performance he has in the last two games. I'm prepared to be patient with him, I was at the start and I am now after how he has played recently.

If the lad can scramble a goal in, whether it's bouncing of his arse or a 30 yarder. I think we'll see what he can do with a bit of confidence. We've seen his play improve with a bit of match sharpness under his belt. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can score like his did in his first season... where he got more league goals than JB did last year.

And many of those people also said he wasn't capable of putting in the kind of performance he has in the last two games. I'm prepared to be patient with him, I was at the start and I am now after how he has played recently.

If the lad can scramble a goal in, whether it's bouncing of his arse or a 30 yarder. I think we'll see what he can do with a bit of confidence. We've seen his play improve with a bit of match sharpness under his belt. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can score like his did in his first season... where he got more league goals than JB did last year.

Agree with this completely. I've always supported Waggy, and do so with any of our players. I feel sorry for him for how disjointed the last 3 years have been for him - if i'd have gone through that many changes and misfortunes I think i'd be lacking confidence!

He will be fine, as many have said before. One goal and he will get that monkey off of his back and score regularly.

Rubbish thread.

Waggy tried his heart out today.

But he can't score.

Today's game was there for the taking and a lack of killer goals could be the difference this season. We MUST get a goal scorer alongside the excellent Nugent.

Nigel, sort it.

Totally agree. He played his heart out but he isn't scoring and hasn't scored enough in his second spell with us - he has had more than enough chances too. I will go as far to say that we don't have the firepower upfront from ANY of our strikers that is good enough for a team chasing automatic promotion. The matches we should have won were it not for spurned chances up front this season - 4 maybe 5 now. That is wasteful and needs addressing. I genuinely hope that I am wrong and it all works out but I see lots of endeavour but too few results. I don't really want my front pairing having great games - I want them scoring goals. It's like in sales - you are judged by your sales not your effort.

Waghorn was unlucky with the header - it was a good shot and a good save. He should have done better with his other chances though. I'm prepared to give him a few more games, see how it turns out.

:mad:

Waghorn was unlucky with the header - it was a good shot and a good save. He should have done better with his other chances though. I'm prepared to give him a few more games, see how it turns out.

:mad:

It's true whether you like it or not (and from a lot less starts). He didn't play in the same number of cup games to compare.

What's being said last page or so, they said about Torres. Now, Torres' link-up play and all-round team contribution is as good as it ever was, but the guy just cant score goals any more! Even after getting 'the monkey off his back' with the first goal way back when. He's still suffering from it.

Pains me to say it because he did look good v Forest, and its a bit of a shit one because Camp made that save and there was that brilliant last-gasp defending, but they both should have been goals, and I don't think Wag will ever score regularly again at this level.

Edit: I hope I'm wrong.

I thought that was waggy's best game in a long while, yes he should have done better with a few chances, but with the header he did everything right, it's a really good save.

Thought he and nugent looked like they are building a partnership, shame it may have been curtailed already.

Archived