Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desertfox86

Waghorn

At last someone to 'debate' with - I hear you that the Nuge Becks strike force was off colour last season but so was the defence and don't even mention the midfield. Watching Knocky on Saturday and the other bits I've seen of him (and this seasons lack of Thai coverage is playing havoc with my 'games watched' stats, managed over 20 last season) and the way Dyer is running into space better than before suggests the service we could get to him now would be way better than last season - even Nugent found it difficult to do anything for long spells of last season.

Strikers come and go in form but two winners and a spectacular strike for Hdd in 6 games suggests that there is form there and if those three goals had been for us in the past 6 games then we could have been looking at 12 rather than 6 points.

I am always rubbish with stats anyway (as my Waggy gaffe proves) but the 'last 6 games' form is regularly used in football to show what is happening to a team and ours is poor - Huddersfields is better and 6 points of that has come from someone we are no doubt still subbing the wages for.

No doubt he looks good for Hudd and its always a gripe when a loan player does well, but I cant help think with Beckfors that Grayson is the pull. He had his best period of his career under him at Leeds so maybe they just click? Beckford definitely doesnt have an attitude problem or a big personality that is hard to handle as many have testified. However he is a certain type of character that needs different treatment. For Huddersfield, they have played for a while focusing on one man (Jordan Rhodes) so Beckford coming in and being succesfull in that kind of team doesnt surprise me as I think that suits his game and is why he had a small pocket of success at Everton. Here though we dont really play with the sole intent of one striker scoring so he doesnt look as effective and as i've said before, dont think he has the talent to adapt accordingly (and in fairness, our squad doesnt have the right players to play that way).

I would love for him to come back here and be a success but I get the impression from NP and from Beckford that a parting of ways is the prefered option.

So now he needs another summer to get it right????

Sorry I didn't realise there was a one year and you are out rule? You should have told Boro so they could get rid of Mowbray before they went second.

If I see progression I don't care if it takes three years. I've never set a timescale on promotion, only improvement. The owners may take a different view, that's their choice and their money.

Thankfully i have seen us progress:

I've seen us go from average football to some decent play

From players looking like they aren't trying to everyone visibly busting a gut,

I've seen us pick up more points than this stage last year.

I've not seen us struggle to create chances like we did do often last year.

I've seen us look like we could get something from all but one or two games.

I've seen us score in every game but one.

I've seen us now have the second best defence in the league.

We aren't perfect, I never expected us to be perfect. Sometimes it's difficult to solve every problem quickly. If you think we should go from midtable to top of the league and never losing a game in a year, then fine. But that's not the view of the vast majority.

*** Edit: Christ typing on an iphone makes me look illiterate.

and 6 points of that has come from someone we are no doubt still subbing the wages for.

He took a pay cut actually.

At last someone to 'debate' with - I hear you that the Nuge Becks strike force was off colour last season but so was the defence and don't even mention the midfield. Watching Knocky on Saturday and the other bits I've seen of him (and this seasons lack of Thai coverage is playing havoc with my 'games watched' stats, managed over 20 last season) and the way Dyer is running into space better than before suggests the service we could get to him now would be way better than last season - even Nugent found it difficult to do anything for long spells of last season.

Perhaps they can now find the extra space because we have two strikers up top chasing back and defending from the front, so they aren't having to cover for someone flouncing about up front.

I am pretty sure for the owners if there is no promotion this years things could turn sour, so I agree there is an urgency this year to get up.

I'd also like to say that I do think those who go to games regularly do have more of an idea about the team / players than those who don't.

I am pretty sure for the owners if there is no promotion this years things could turn sour, so I agree there is an urgency this year to get up.

FFP is a good thing for us though in this sense I think.

It means the owners can cut back if they want to, knowing the majority of the league will be having to do the same. It should hopefully stop them from chucking good money after bad. And if all clubs get to the point of only spending what they make, there is no more risk involved other than what they have already staked.

Chucking in your deck with FFP on the horizon wouldn't make a great deal of sense. Who wouldn't want to take over a football club if they are only spending what they make. It means you have zero risk but a huge amount to gain if promotion was ever achieved. It's a godsend for owners.

Not sure the owneres would really want us to go up this year, not if we come straight back down again.

Next season is the time to get promoted, the big increases in Premier income kick in the year after.

I thought next season the new prem deal comes into play so going up this season is vital really.

Waggy deserves his place in the starting XI at the moment I think. Even if both Nuge and Vardy are fit. His all round play was great against Forest, including some superb work which set up the first goal. No defence will get an easy afternoon with the likes of Nuge, Waggy or Vardy putting them under pressure.

In fairness to the guy too he's been written off by a large number of LCFC fans, but got on with it and seems to be improving with each game. If he adds goals to his all round play then we'll have a real asset.

I thought next season the new prem deal comes into play so going up this season is vital really.

Oops, you're right 100m plus for the title winning club from 2013-2014.

In which case why aren't we spending big bucks to try and get there?

What will the parachute payments be for relegated teams, how will we ever match their potential spending under FFP?

He took a pay cut actually.

Christ, he really must hate it here................but why?

Perhaps they can now find the extra space because we have two strikers up top chasing back and defending from the front, so they aren't having to cover for someone flouncing about up front.

As someone so eloquently put, he can bring a book and deckchair onto the pitch if he is going to score the winner - the 6 points he has gifted Hudd may well come back to haunt us if we miss out on the play offs to them.

As someone so eloquently put, he can bring a book and deckchair onto the pitch if he is going to score the winner - the 6 points he has gifted Hudd may well come back to haunt us if we miss out on the play offs to them.

They may well have no influence on us if we grab a Play-Off or Automatic place.

They may well earn us a spot in the Play-Offs if a late run from Wolves or Birmingham sees them missing out to us by a point or two.

:dunno:

I'm trying to be less confrontational and mardy now, so hear me out...

Christ, he really must hate it here................but why?

My opinion is it's because he's not automatic first choice here. There were no mentions of unhappiness from him when he started the season as first choice, but when he was dropped - and let's be honest - due to a series of fairly poor performances, that's when the trouble seems to have started. I don't know if this is the case for sure, obviously, but if it was the case could you honestly say you would want a player here who won't accept that he has to earn his place in the squad? He was dropped because he didn't perform - he would have had ample chances to prove himself again in the first team squad after the illness and injury of Vardy. As I said in another thread, perhaps he prefers being at a club like Huddersfield where he plays every week regardless of form? If he had scored goals, he never would have been dropped at the end of the day - he's not performed for us, while other players have. Vardy has scored more goals for us this season, Nugent's scored more goals - I know your opinion on Waghorn and his lack of goals, but Waghorn's performances with no goals have been better than Beckford's performances with no goals.

I think we do need to get a striker in, but I really don't think Beckford will be back here simply because he doesn't want to be here and I don't think he'll ever perform consistently enough to justify his wages or his place in the first team here.

More often than not though, he hasn't scored the winner. He's not a Yakubu, he's not prolific at this level. We've got plenty of players who have won points for us on their own - King, Vardy, Nugent, Knockaert, Dyer, Morgan - they've all scored goals that have contributed to us winning games. If we harbour any ambitions of getting promoted, it is down to us to ensure that we do that, not look at essentially an ex-player and what he's doing at another club. If we don't secure automatic promotion or a playoff place, it will be down to us, not down to Jermaine Beckford.

I'm trying to be less confrontational and mardy now, so hear me out...

My opinion is it's because he's not automatic first choice here. There were no mentions of unhappiness from him when he started the season as first choice, but when he was dropped - and let's be honest - due to a series of fairly poor performances, that's when the trouble seems to have started. I don't know if this is the case for sure, obviously, but if it was the case could you honestly say you would want a player here who won't accept that he has to earn his place in the squad? He was dropped because he didn't perform - he would have had ample chances to prove himself again in the first team squad after the illness and injury of Vardy. As I said in another thread, perhaps he prefers being at a club like Huddersfield where he plays every week regardless of form? If he had scored goals, he never would have been dropped at the end of the day - he's not performed for us, while other players have. Vardy has scored more goals for us this season, Nugent's scored more goals - I know your opinion on Waghorn and his lack of goals, but Waghorn's performances with no goals have been better than Beckford's performances with no goals.

I think we do need to get a striker in, but I really don't think Beckford will be back here simply because he doesn't want to be here and I don't think he'll ever perform consistently enough to justify his wages or his place in the first team here.

More often than not though, he hasn't scored the winner. He's not a Yakubu, he's not prolific at this level. We've got plenty of players who have won points for us on their own - King, Vardy, Nugent, Knockaert, Dyer, Morgan - they've all scored goals that have contributed to us winning games. If we harbour any ambitions of getting promoted, it is down to us to ensure that we do that, not look at essentially an ex-player and what he's doing at another club. If we don't secure automatic promotion or a playoff place, it will be down to us, not down to Jermaine Beckford.

I think 'more often than not 'goes for most strikers - it's frustrating to see him scoring for someone else in our league and I wonder at what point he will come back into reckoning for us - perhaps if he gets another 5 in his next 6 games???

PS thanks at least for trying

I think 'more often than not 'goes for most strikers - it's frustrating to see him scoring for someone else in our league and I wonder at what point he will come back into reckoning for us - perhaps if he gets another 5 in his next 6 games???

PS thanks at least for trying

It's all ifs and buts though isn't it? If he'd scored for us in our first few games this season, he never would have been dropped, if he'd scored more and established himself as our key player last season, perhaps Pearson would have persevered with him more this season.

It might be the style of football that Huddersfield play which means he scores more goals - we can hardly change our style to accommodate a player who might or might not score goals for us. My gut feeling is that he'll be gone come January and we should just try to accept that now - he doesn't want to play for Leicester for whatever reason, whether he has a problem with the boss or with being dropped or whatever - and he hasn't scored enough goals for us to justify us making him the focal point of the team or going against what the manager thinks is the right thing to do.

I just wish that if we were going to move him on, we'd done it during the summer when we could have removed all uncertainty and possibly got in a replacement. Pearson's blundered if he didn't realise that Beckford would not be happy with being dropped.

You take exception to me because I can't stand the 'party line' stance you take and I call you for saying 'bore off' every time I say something. We have a few more points on the board than this stage last season but the same frailties are there - first it was because the team that Nige inherited was Svens and therefore rubbish so 'bore off' then it was because there were disruptive influences that Nige couldn't cope with 'bore off' you say, then its because Nige needs a summer to build his team, which he got, and now its because we are 'playing better than in 10 years but the officials are against us 'bore off' and on and on you go...........

But its 6 points from 6 games W1 D3 L2 and now we don't have any strikers and our makeshift defence was all at sea against Forest and we are starting to lag behind the leaders and are as close to 15th as second points wise but seemingly moving south rather than north - all we want is a good Leicester side and maybe we have to wait a few years to get one but , and this is for Niges sake as well, the time to act is now not in January when it might be too late again.

You are amazing with your 'I thought Waghorn was useless but now I've changed my mind and because I'm me I expect everyone to agree with me and when I thought he was useless I was right and now I think he's good I'm right'.........and that makes me a fool?????

I don't know how anyone can take exception to you seenitall........ everyone thinks they are right on here it's football and a forum. I personally see you as a glass half empty sort of guy mixed with a tinge of devilment :P My glass is always half full and look it keeps filling up..... :beer: On a serious note I read you as a long term City fan, like many on here,you have suffered more ups and downs than a whores knickers and your way of dealing with it is to look on the gloomy side whilst deep down really hope it turns out ok?

please sing along to this it works :D

I don't know how anyone can take exception to you seenitall........ everyone thinks they are right on here it's football and a forum. I personally see you as a glass half empty sort of guy mixed with a tinge of devilment :P My glass is always half full and look it keeps filling up..... :beer: On a serious note I read you as a long term City fan, like many on here,you have suffered more ups and downs than a whores knickers and your way of dealing with it is to look on the gloomy side whilst deep down really hope it turns out ok?

please sing along to this it works :D

Fairly good take on things - when I started supporting we were a serious 1st division team with 3 England players in our team - we rose again under St Martin but have employed also rans as managers since with a couple of flickers that have come to nought (Ollie/Sven) Nige showed promise and still does on occasion but to me we will be punching under our weight until we are top flight again, in the same way that Norwich, Southampton, West Brom and West Ham, amongst others, feel - those that accept the mediocre at face value perhaps have never known anything else and their greatest season was a League 1 promotion but in the same way Man City fans and Leeds fans never gave up wanting better neither will I and I certainly won't shut up because some kids think Nige's 6 points from 18 is moving forward - he needs to shape up soon!

Am I the only one who just sees that every other post in a thread is by seenitall and just leaves?

Bye then ****

Archived