Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lengloversoldsock

New Poster - Millwall

Alright boys - new poster here in peace. Commiserations on a fruitless trip down to our rusting shitheap of a stadium ( but at least it's our shitheap) and well done to all you that made the trip - to all the others who talk like you were there and weren't, why don't you just listen to those who bothered to go and shut up. You're not the first team and wont be the last to come unstuck against a lucky team of misfits, that cant play the game but are good at out-muscling teams that can???? What's that about then? The rules change and we're permitted to set about other teams (especially in midfield) with an assortment of Dockers hooks, Millwall bricks, carving knives and spanners? Perhaps you were simply outplayed in what was a highly competetive game between two top six sides. Kenny Jackett had the inside track on Whitbread and we were quite pleased to offload him when we did - wouldn't even make the bench for us I'm afraid. Trotter is not for sale and we have first option on Chris Wood regardless of what's spouted in the press. Considering what you've spent on assembling a team that according to most of you has no bottle, we haven't done too bad in putting one together for the price that one of Len Glovers old socks would fetch on ebay have we? How about being gracious in defeat and getting together a never say die attitude to propel yourselves onwards and upwards. CV's and pound notes don't win championships, hard graft and 'all for one' attitudes sometimes do. We have a togetherness and belief here from the chairman down to the tea lady and everyone in between. 'Different era' we may be but it works for us and I bet there's more than a few pre-96ers amongst your lot who only dream of what we have. For the stattos out there we finished the last third of last season in form that would have seen us get automatic if we'd maintained it for the season. After a bad start we've hit that form again and if you want a serious money making tip, get yourselves down Billy Hills and reverse forecast Hull and Millwall for automatic. Cardif will blow it and Palace will fragment come January. Watford will be there or thereabouts. You might make play-offs but a far riskier bet in my opinion.

Get behind your manager and players and Good luck for the rest of the season.

Fair points, well made.

I'm sorry but if this guy thinks we're going to be lacking togetherness he obviously knows nothing about Nigel Pearson and I imagine the rest of his predictions regarding Palace, Hull, Cardiff and Watford are based on similarly flawed 'knowledge'. It seems that a lot of football fans don't realise that Sven is no longer our manager, many also seem to think that we're still trying to buy the league instead of building a team and they're dead wrong and clearly know nothing about Leicester City Football Club so shouldn't be commenting.

Still if booing your team off at half-time at 0-0, having gone on a 14 odd game unbeaten run shortly prior to it, is togetherness then I'd say LCFC fans have certainly got it.

You should become a professional sports writer, you have constructed a really well written piece here thanks for posting

^^ There, that's what you spent so much time writing that drivel to hear right? Now calm down and get rid of the "everyone hates us" attitude. No-one cares about Milwall anymore.

Alright boys - new poster here in peace. Commiserations on a fruitless trip down to our rusting shitheap of a stadium ( but at least it's our shitheap) and well done to all you that made the trip - to all the others who talk like you were there and weren't, why don't you just listen to those who bothered to go and shut up. You're not the first team and wont be the last to come unstuck against a lucky team of misfits, that cant play the game but are good at out-muscling teams that can???? What's that about then? The rules change and we're permitted to set about other teams (especially in midfield) with an assortment of Dockers hooks, Millwall bricks, carving knives and spanners? Perhaps you were simply outplayed in what was a highly competetive game between two top six sides. Kenny Jackett had the inside track on Whitbread and we were quite pleased to offload him when we did - wouldn't even make the bench for us I'm afraid. Trotter is not for sale and we have first option on Chris Wood regardless of what's spouted in the press. Considering what you've spent on assembling a team that according to most of you has no bottle, we haven't done too bad in putting one together for the price that one of Len Glovers old socks would fetch on ebay have we? How about being gracious in defeat and getting together a never say die attitude to propel yourselves onwards and upwards. CV's and pound notes don't win championships, hard graft and 'all for one' attitudes sometimes do. We have a togetherness and belief here from the chairman down to the tea lady and everyone in between. 'Different era' we may be but it works for us and I bet there's more than a few pre-96ers amongst your lot who only dream of what we have. For the stattos out there we finished the last third of last season in form that would have seen us get automatic if we'd maintained it for the season. After a bad start we've hit that form again and if you want a serious money making tip, get yourselves down Billy Hills and reverse forecast Hull and Millwall for automatic. Cardif will blow it and Palace will fragment come January. Watford will be there or thereabouts. You might make play-offs but a far riskier bet in my opinion.

I know you won't be back to explain those ridiculous statements and just as well. You'd only come out looking more clueless and out of touch.

Well done on your win, despite your fans' best efforts to demoralise your own team (coming from a man who heard it in all clarity over the fookin radio, for shame).

You've got an eleven page thread running where most of the posters are ill informed and definitley not together in your backing for players or manager. Puerile, silly responses to my posts are not encouraged - you lot can go and play in your bedrooms with yourselves or whatever. I like LCFC and you should be where the baggies are now but you're not and judging by the arrogance of what I can only assume are your younger posters, if that's the vibe running through your club then you're not going to be there any time soon. Turning point for us was when we lost 6-1 at home to Brum last year - we applauded the players and manager off the pitch for putting in a shift and we haven't looked back since. To be honest I forgot that Sven ever was your manager, he could throw a brick in a pond without making a ripple couldn't he???? But then again he did have a decent CV. I rest my case.

I really like Millwall as a club.

I really like being abused as I go to get the train home.

I really like how their fans' behaviour leads to away fans being kept behind for half-an-hour after the game.

I really like how they hoof the ball forwards at every opportunity.

I really like how they have a group of kids (sadly missing yesterday) who can't be older than8 flicking the Vs at the away fans rather than watching the game.

I really like the way that every decision the referee makes against them, correct or otherwise, is greeted by a universal volley of abuse.

I really like the way the fans charge down 10 or 12 rows of seats to berate the linesman for correctly applying the laws of the game.

I really like their one song/noise thing. It's so cool and makes them sound really hard and scary.

I really like Millwall. Great family club.

Turning point for us was when we lost 6-1 at home to Brum last year - we applauded the players and manager off the pitch for putting in a shift and we haven't looked back since.

Until your game with us when you on several occasions booed your own players.

At least our younger posters aren't blind to our clubs failings. Our manager, most of us are aware, is not one of those failings.

Millwall's failings are the decent proportion of fans who are vile, repulsive scum, the people who chant town full of pakis at Leicester games. So don't come in here all high and mighty about your fantastic support because for one it didn't sound too great on saturday and I don't think there are many Leicester fans who would trade the overall atmosphere at our games for yours. You seem to think your club is perfect and your fans are incredible, but you're not, your club is tainted for many fans I'm sure by a section of thugs, your club is vile and clasless, you're like Leeds without history. So please for the love of god don't try to push this super Millwall bollocks on us.

Sorry Mill

You've got an eleven page thread running where most of the posters are ill informed and definitley not together in your backing for players or manager. Puerile, silly responses to my posts are not encouraged - you lot can go and play in your bedrooms with yourselves or whatever. I like LCFC and you should be where the baggies are now but you're not and judging by the arrogance of what I can only assume are your younger posters, if that's the vibe running through your club then you're not going to be there any time soon. Turning point for us was when we lost 6-1 at home to Brum last year - we applauded the players and manager off the pitch for putting in a shift and we haven't looked back since. To be honest I forgot that Sven ever was your manager, he could throw a brick in a pond without making a ripple couldn't he???? But then again he did have a decent CV. I rest my case.

OK this guy is just on a wind up trip, he got all excited about getting one over on the "moneybags foreign owned team" and thought he'd try and prolong his feeling of righteousness by having a pop at all that we hold dear, he's an aggro merchant and an overused stereotypical example of the worst sort of Millwall fans, he may be a total bell but don't put all Lions fans in this box I’ve got a pal who's a season ticket holder down the new den and he likes good football and like me admires the work ethic and variety of styles of play that win football matches.

Why are you all giving him the satisfaction of responding. Unfortunately for milwall football has evolved and you can't play and behave like that anymore. So let's go 'back to our bedrooms' and be happy that we have a bright future under Pearson unlike Milwall who will unfortunately for them not quite cut it above the championship. Have fun in your hell hole and playing football 20 years out of date. Thread closed

You should become a professional sports writer, you have constructed a really well written piece here thanks for posting

^^ There, that's what you spent so much time writing that drivel to hear right? Now calm down and get rid of the "everyone hates us" attitude. No-one cares about Milwall anymore.

Proffesional sports writer for BBC maybe.

**** off :)

Archived