Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Stupid player ratings & Doom and gloom fans

Just looked at the player ratings for the Millwall game and there are some shockingly low scores and alot of people slating players...Even Dyer who was had a brilliant season. Why is it once we lose one game some many people think that the sqaud is sh*te. Good players dont just become bad in one game. We lost to an in form Team who are very very good at home. Ididnt expect much more in all honesty. We are in the play offs and not far off automatic with a huge game against Cardif at the weekend, which if we win we will be right up there again.

I seriously think some of these fans need to try and stay level headed. Dont get to high when we win and dont get to low when we lose. This is football!

All in all, i'd say we are still in a strong situation with a very good chance of getting promoted. Although i do think we could do with getting a couple of plaers in in January.

.............Mods feel free to move this or delete it....I'm guessing it has ben said many times before.

Maybe Dyer just had a poor game against Millwall, they're not rating his overall performance this season.

I don't think many people believe we've had a poor season, I understand there's disappointment in losing to Millwall and sometimes that frustration boils over in some posts but that's bound to happen.

There is a tendency to overreact as you say but I don't believe fans consider us to be a poor team, I think you've misunderstood the ratings system on FT if you don't mind me saying, they're for individual games and not the whole season.

Can't see the problem in calling it as we see it game by game ? They were very poor yesterday and there's no getting away from that, and thats why they were rated accordingly. I'm sure we will be more than happy to give them gold stars again if we beat Cardiff.

I agree with the op, a lot on here seem incapable of distinguishing performance from defeat, and fail to grasp there are 2 teams trying to win a game of football.

If we were as bad on Saturday and against Barnsley as people say on here then we would have got 0 points and shipped about 10 goals.

Reading the independent match reports on the BBC and other sites, it was, unsurprisingly, a scrappy game, we don't normally perform well in scrappy bitty games where neither side can exert dominance. But no report I read said we were poor or deserved to lose, but did again highlight our lack of clinical finishing in front of goal.

What frustrates me is this attitude/arrogance that we should go to the Den and win, and if we don't it's because our players are crap and not putting the effort. Credit to them, they stopped us playing and deserved to win.

I agree with the op, a lot on here seem incapable of distinguishing performance from defeat, and fail to grasp there are 2 teams trying to win a game of football.

If we were as bad on Saturday and against Barnsley as people say on here then we would have got 0 points and shipped about 10 goals.

Reading the independent match reports on the BBC and other sites, it was, unsurprisingly, a scrappy game, we don't normally perform well in scrappy bitty games where neither side can exert dominance. But no report I read said we were poor or deserved to lose, but did again highlight our lack of clinical finishing in front of goal.

What frustrates me is this attitude/arrogance that we should go to the Den and win, and if we don't it's because our players are crap and not putting the effort. Credit to them, they stopped us playing and deserved to win.

I don't think many people thought we'd go to Millwall and win did they?

Why people have posted is due to the manner of defeat.

Ie. we were pretty shite...

Don't just try to cover it up, discuss it and move on.

This is exactly what i was trying to say haha

This is spot on. I don't understand how some fans can't grasp the idea that some games we will be poor, some games we will be excellent and lose, some games we'll play awful, and win 3-0. Bad spells will come but overall this season we have been excellent.

It's been said before, we have no devine right to thump everyone 6-0. Unfortunately the other team also turns up to win.

This is spot on. I don't understand how some fans can't grasp the idea that some games we will be poor, some games we will be excellent and lose, some games we'll play awful, and win 3-0. Bad spells will come but overall this season we have been excellent.

It's been said before, we have no devine right to thump everyone 6-0. Unfortunately the other team also turns up to win.

This is classic FT....

Rather than just be honest and accept that we put on a pretty poor display again, and then discuss maybe why, simply paper over it, ignore it and use the 'we have no divine right....' argument.

It works every time because it literally renders people unable to move the discussion on.

I'd rather have an adult 'why can't we win at Millwall' type discussion, looking at where we need to improve.

It seems that some posters will literally do anything to thwart any type of analysis.

Why?

Frankly, God knows...

for a second there, I thought you might have actually gone to the game

for a second there, I thought you might have actually gone to the game

Isn't this the point?

The more you read various posters analyses of games, the more you find yourself thinking 'yep, you've seen the game as I saw it'.

The reports of Bert, Father Ted and Marbella, usually coincide with my views on how games have panned out.

So if they go to games (all ardent City fans) and report that we have not been very good, I believe them. And then I'd like to discuss why we haven't been very good, or, for other games, why we have been very good.

Just looked at the player ratings for the Millwall game and there are some shockingly low scores and alot of people slating players...Even Dyer who was had a brilliant season. Why is it once we lose one game some many people think that the sqaud is sh*te. Good players dont just become bad in one game. We lost to an in form Team who are very very good at home. Ididnt expect much more in all honesty. We are in the play offs and not far off automatic with a huge game against Cardif at the weekend, which if we win we will be right up there again.

I seriously think some of these fans need to try and stay level headed. Dont get to high when we win and dont get to low when we lose. This is football!

All in all, i'd say we are still in a strong situation with a very good chance of getting promoted. Although i do think we could do with getting a couple of plaers in in January.

.............Mods feel free to move this or delete it....I'm guessing it has ben said many times before.

Can I ask you one question... did you go to the game?

It was the most woeful I have seen us play all season (albeit I wasn't at Leeds). Yet I hear Alan Young gave Konchesky MOTM. Quite ridiculous really.

I agree with most of what the OP stated, my Son went to tge game and said both teams were rubbish but City looke knackered and lacked any idea how to break a strong physical side like Millwall down. As for the marks i think an average performance should be 5 or 6 so players having a stinker should get low marks but as a professional surely not a 2, i feel sorry for Kaspar as he only gets a 6 in games when he kept a clean sheet and had nothing to do like V Ipswich (i went to that game) surely an 8 ..... ;0)

I agree with most of what the OP stated, my Son went to tge game and said both teams were rubbish but City looke knackered and lacked any idea how to break a strong physical side like Millwall down. As for the marks i think an average performance should be 5 or 6 so players having a stinker should get low marks but as a professional surely not a 2, i feel sorry for Kaspar as he only gets a 6 in games when he kept a clean sheet and had nothing to do like V Ipswich (i went to that game) surely an 8 ..... ;0)

yeah I've always though 6 should be used as an average scoring performance

We can play well and lose ya know. We have no divine right to win football matches. We have had a fairly good season so far and have played some of the best football in the league. Once again it's our incosistency that is our main fault

Of course we can. As we did earlier in the season at Charlton and Blackburn.

We were awful on Saturday. Could barely string 2 passes together, players looked like they would rather be anywhere else, positioning was awful.

I gave Dyer and Vardy 2's and Nugent and Drinkwater 3's. I stand by that.

If you take 5 or 6 as being an average performance, then a rating of "4" is not exactly saying they had an awful game is it? Unless everybody was "ok" what is the point in just rating all the players 5-7?

We can play well and lose ya know. We have no divine right to win football matches. We have had a fairly good season so far and have played some of the best football in the league. Once again it's our incosistency that is our main fault

Except on Saturday we did not play well. I have given us plenty of credit this season at Blackburn, Wolves, 2nd half at Charlton where we deserved to get a lot more out of these matches than we actually yielded but on Saturday, it was a lacklustre performance, almost as if we would have settled for a 0-0 from the start.

Of course we can. As we did earlier in the season at Charlton and Blackburn.

We were awful on Saturday. Could barely string 2 passes together, players looked like they would rather be anywhere else, positioning was awful.

I gave Dyer and Vardy 2's and Nugent and Drinkwater 3's. I stand by that.

If you take 5 or 6 as being an average performance, then a rating of "4" is not exactly saying they had an awful game is it? Unless everybody was "ok" what is the point in just rating all the players 5-7?

absolutely, I'd consider a 5 rating an ineffective performance, a 4 rating as continuously giving away possession and anything lower than that being responsible for goals conceded. I didn't go Saturday and we did sound really poor but at least we know this team isn't useless. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and nobody has more right than anyone else to voice them

Archived