Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Stupid player ratings & Doom and gloom fans

Except on Saturday we did not play well. I have given us plenty of credit this season at Blackburn, Wolves, 2nd half at Charlton where we deserved to get a lot more out of these matches than we actually yielded but on Saturday, it was a lacklustre performance, almost as if we would have settled for a 0-0 from the start.

Hopefully it's just a blip and not a fundamental problem. NP will demand we fight for points

Just looked at the player ratings for the Millwall game and there are some shockingly low scores and alot of people slating players...Even Dyer who was had a brilliant season. Why is it once we lose one game some many people think that the sqaud is sh*te. Good players dont just become bad in one game. We lost to an in form Team who are very very good at home. Ididnt expect much more in all honesty. We are in the play offs and not far off automatic with a huge game against Cardif at the weekend, which if we win we will be right up there again.

I seriously think some of these fans need to try and stay level headed. Dont get to high when we win and dont get to low when we lose. This is football!

All in all, i'd say we are still in a strong situation with a very good chance of getting promoted. Although i do think we could do with getting a couple of plaers in in January.

.............Mods feel free to move this or delete it....I'm guessing it has ben said many times before.

The thing that annoys me is that some fans think we shouldn't critisize the players after a poor performance/a defeat. Did you go to the game by any chance? As you know, the player ratings reflect the game, not the season. I'm not saying we haven't had a good season, because I know we have so far... Not sure why you're just highlighting Dyer, but he was one of a number of players that didn't perform on Saturday, that's all.

I am a massive Nigel Pearson fan, most of the people on here know that. We have progressed under him and I believe we will continue to. I like most of our players. I'm not one of these that will say they arn't good enough after a defeat, but on Saturday the players weren't good enough, and Pearson is big enough to admit that. I still believe we need a new left full back though... I went to Millwall, and didn't expect us to win either, I would have taken a draw. But in the first ten/fifteen minutes, we were on top and should have made that pressure count. We didn't, and went on to lose.

Isn't this the point?

The more you read various posters analyses of games, the more you find yourself thinking 'yep, you've seen the game as I saw it'.

The reports of Bert, Father Ted and Marbella, usually coincide with my views on how games have panned out.

So if they go to games (all ardent City fans) and report that we have not been very good, I believe them. And then I'd like to discuss why we haven't been very good, or, for other games, why we have been very good.

Can I ask you one question... did you go to the game?

It was the most woeful I have seen us play all season (albeit I wasn't at Leeds). Yet I hear Alan Young gave Konchesky MOTM. Quite ridiculous really.

That's my point.

Guest BlueBrett
But no report I read said we were poor or deserved to lose, but did again highlight our lack of clinical finishing in front of goal.

You didn't watch the Football League show then?

This is classic FT....

Rather than just be honest and accept that we put on a pretty poor display again, and then discuss maybe why, simply paper over it, ignore it and use the 'we have no divine right....' argument.

It works every time because it literally renders people unable to move the discussion on.

I'd rather have an adult 'why can't we win at Millwall' type discussion, looking at where we need to improve.

It seems that some posters will literally do anything to thwart any type of analysis.

Why?

Frankly, God knows...

When did I say that we weren't poor on Saturday? I was more referencing the fact that some of our posters over react in either case of a win, or loss. I wasn't there so only have stats and the glorious Stringer and Youngys commentary to go on, and overall yes, we did sound poor. We sounded like we didn't have many options and weren't tough in enough in the tackle, and mind perhaps. My point is though, we haven't done well against Millwall away for years - so obviously we need a different approach to facing them. This isn't to excuse our poor performance on Saturday.

However, this forum's over reaction when we lose is embarrassing. Calling for Pearson's head, rumours of Roy Keane, calling for Kasper to be dropped in place of Logan/Smith and blaming his kicking for our demise. Then it's Whitbread's fault, King goes missing, Wellens can only pass sideways and Gally's to lightweight - all of a sudden, we have a forum in crisis...until we beat someone...madness right?

Have we been that poor though? Or have the other teams played well and stopped us? If a team plays well and stops us playing well, that doesnt count as us playing badly IMO.

Its all a question of viewpoint - and to an extent semantics and spin.

If we allow a team to dictate to us and prevent us playing, we are poor. Its 11v11 out there and its up to our lot to impose themselves on their lot.

If they are overrun or outworked by the opposition, we are poor.

So I reiterate my point. We've been poor for 2 games.

I wasn't at Millwall but Barnsley were there for the taking, we took our foot off their necks (or off the pedal if you like) and let them have the ball and they grew in confidence and hurt us. We were almost hurt in a similar way by a Derby side that couldn't cope with us when we were at it, but when deliberately given space to play (master Pearson!!!) realise they can indeed play football.

In summary, when on top, don't change it.

When not on top, do change it.

NP has it the wrong way round.

There - a justifiable and reasoned criticism of NP. I'll await my ban in the post.

We should have an agreed point scoring system for ratings, for example

1) dog shit beyond belief

2) konchesky standard

3) actually passed to our player once during the game

4) slightly below average

5) average

6) slightly above average

7) good steady game

8) knockaert standard

9) very good game

10) messi game

Saturdays performance was poor throughout, I have said elsewhere that I think NFP set us up to play a more solid game but it really did not work.

Of our back 6, only De Laet and King looked to get forward and neither did so very often, Knockaert and Dyer appeared to be given more defensive roles so hardly got forward to test Millwall (apart from the first 10 minutes or so) so we were put on the back foot pretty early on.

There appeared to be a lack of fight in some areas, like we expected to lose and were just going through the motions. This lack of application would lower ratings across the whole team, 4s and 5s all round for me.

I think something people forget there are two teams on the pitch, there will always be games were you are out played or play poorly. It’s about cashing in when you play well and scraping results when you don't, we seem to have a problem with the latter.

We have a team/squad with a lot of young players, they will have learnt more from the Millwall game then the Derby game.

Back to rating players, if we had sneaked in two late goals on Saturday, the same people who gave 2 & 3 would have been handing out 6 & 7. If you asked a neutral to rate the players you would find most would have been in the 5--6 band, our emotional attachment effect our ratings!

2) konchesky standard

5) average

7) good steady game

8) knockaert standard

9) very good game

10) messi game

Yeah we should have a points system. With better descriptions though :P

I think something people forget there are two teams on the pitch, there will always be games were you are out played or play poorly. It’s about cashing in when you play well and scraping results when you don't, we seem to have a problem with the latter.

We have a team/squad with a lot of young players, they will have learnt more from the Millwall game then the Derby game.

Back to rating players, if we had sneaked in two late goals on Saturday, the same people who game 2 & 3 would have been handing out 6 & 7. If you asked a neutral to rate the players you would find most would have been in the 5--6 band, our emotional attachment effect our ratings!

think we have a problem with the first bit as well

2) konchesky standard

5) average

7) good steady game

8) knockaert standard

9) very good game

10) messi game

'Messy game'!

You're back to your Milfs again aintcha!

:thumbup:

Yeah, what's wrong with our reactionary dullard fan-base is definitely that scoring systems are so difficult to understand.

How about we just prevent retards posting at all?

Hardly retarted chap. I just think if players were actualy rated as 2 or 3 in the match then why didnt we lose 5/6-0?

Hardly retarted chap. I just think if players were actualy rated as 2 or 3 in the match then why didnt we lose 5/6-0?

I never said you were retarded and I never rated our players as 2s and 3s. I wasn't even at the Millwall game.

My point was that generally if someone makes the point we were poor, it is countered with the stupid point of 'we weren't poor actually, but the other side stopped us playing', well, ok kind of, but why just allow them that privelege? By allowing them to dictate play and preventing you playing, you are playing poorly in allowing them to do that.

I really wish football was as simple as some people on here think. Actually, no I don't. I'm glad its not.

for a second there, I thought you might have actually gone to the game

I always make it clear if I have been to a game or not, I wish others would too. When I don't go to a game I rely on people on here for views on what happened, but there are so many ill informed and knee jerk reactions on here or drunk frustrated posters after a game, and plenty that don't go to games and spout off like they have seen every minute of every game this season.

I was at the Barnsley game, and I saw a team in blue play well for large periods control the game for large periods, carve out plenty of chances but made 2 mistakes and lost 2 points.

On here it seems like it was the worst performance in 30 years. So I tend to find independent reports and highlights and stats to be a more reliable indication of how we played.

We even had a millwall fan come on here and say he didn't understand the negativity towards our team, and neither do I, I don't agree with dissecting every little thing as though it is going to make any difference, we've had someone saying we must play 433/4231 despite the fact we tried that and lost to Watford, we have some people claiming we need a defensive midfielder or the return of Danns, and claiming it as fact and that would solve every problem, which is clearly nonsense, it might help, it might not, but calling for the manager's head because he thinks differently is just nonsense, especially at the moment when we don't really have the squad to try anything new. We have spent the last 12 months getting a successful 442 formation working for the majority of the majority of games.

Again we have a forced change to the starting line-up with waghorn injured and vardy brought in whilst not fully fit.

The den is not an easy place to go at the best of times, and it is disappointing that we lost, but we can't start undoing the good work of the last 12 months we have January to strengthen and don't think for one minute that np and shakey aren't looking at every available option in Jan, but until then don't expect big changes nor complain when np doesn't decide to play an experimental 3214 formation because someone on here thinks it will solve all our problems.

If we lose against Cardiff then that is one point from 9, but we will still be there or thereabouts so we shouldn't panic, lose a couple more than we need to worry, but we don't need to panic after every single bad result and try and re.invent the wheel every time, we need stability and security we need players playing together regularly in the same formation, we have a young team that is still learning and we would be better served training these players how to cope with the millwalls of this world rather than making knee jerk changes.

Isn't this the point?

The more you read various posters analyses of games, the more you find yourself thinking 'yep, you've seen the game as I saw it'.

The reports of Bert, Father Ted and Marbella, usually coincide with my views on how games have panned out.

So if they go to games (all ardent City fans) and report that we have not been very good, I believe them. And then I'd like to discuss why we haven't been very good, or, for other games, why we have been very good.

And not forgetting the eloquent,impartial and balanced views of BTS eh Col? :Plol:chant:

Archived