Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Can someone explain this?

Can someone explain what changing a manager would do now that in any shape or form improves the team?

People are making some fair criticisms, and then topping it off saying get rid of the manager? Why do whenever we lose a game people forget everything good that a manager has ever done for us? Why do they assume a new manager would continue anything good that happens and also, sort every single problem with the team?

Today was shite. I'm not defending that dross for one second, but why is everyone viewing things so short-term ALL THE TIME? Why do people not consider the future?

You would like to think a club that has made so many manager sackings, took so many short-term gambles would actually show how little it does for you, yet people want it when we're actually 5th in the league?

Anyone who wouldn't have took being 5th in the league half-way through with probably the youngest average age in the league is an absolute moron.

Explain why the hell we should change manager, and what the hell that would do good for us now, or in a year (when they're calling for his head because we're not top by 35 points).

It'd just ruin the season.

It's funny after a few results how quickly people's opinions can change.

It's a joke. Look at the last two seasons, we've spent the vast majority of both with a new manager (although far more justified than sacking NP now would be) managing someone else's players, we've been inconsistent, frustrating and yet despite one of our best seasons in years, it's still not enough.

This quick-fix mentality is well and truly killing the game.

Pearson has been our best manager since Martin O'Neill, and when people stop with the knee jerk reactions and realise he isn't that bad, then they will come round again. If we do well against Hull and get a result, the people who want him out, will want him to stay again.

I would like to see him be more braver in his approach, and try a different formation in some games, and yes changes are needed, but to say he is crap and deserves the sack is way over the top.

In his two spells, we have reached the top six with him in charge.

We aren't mid table or 17th-18th like we were when the likes of Megson, Sousa and Eriksson were at the helm.

If we keep Nigel, then we'll continue to progress and our fans won't have anything to moan about. It's the only explanation I can see for why anyone would want him sacked.

Those bitter people who spend all their time moaning about the best manager we've had in ten years, tend to be the ones who criticise Pearson for his 'negative mentality and personality' as well. It baffles me.

Pearson has been our best manager since Martin O'Neill, and when people stop with the knee jerk reactions and realise he isn't that bad, then they will come round again. If we do well against Hull and get a result, the people who want him out, will want him to stay again.

I would like to see him be more braver in his approach, and try a different formation in some games, and yes changes are needed, but to say he is crap and deserves the sack is way over the top.

In his two spells, we have reached the top six with him in charge.

We aren't mid table or 17th-18th like we were when the likes of Megson, Sousa and Eriksson were at the helm.

Pearson's failed to fix a few problems and the one I'll give in to big time, the lack of battle in midfield. It seems no matter who we have in charge, no matter who is signing the players, that Leicester City fails to have a strong midfield, we have a talented one but in this league we're completely hopeless against too many sides who don't let us play.

But why people forget everything good he's done (far more than the likes of Sven, Sousa, Megson, Holloway & Allen PUT TOGETHER) whenever we lose is beyond me. It's an embarrassment.

Reminds me of similar threads, nay threads which read as almost exactly the same, when Sven was at the helm.

And then, anyone (eg me) who dared to suggest that he was a plonker was widely rounded on by the FoxesTalk lions.

No, I don't think Pearson should go. But I also don't think anyone should be scared into submission if they wish to discuss it.

I could name now the fellas on here who will metaphorically spit on anyone who even discusses it.

Pearson's failed to fix a few problems and the one I'll give in to big time, the lack of battle in midfield. It seems no matter who we have in charge, no matter who is signing the players, that Leicester City fails to have a strong midfield, we have a talented one but in this league we're completely hopeless against too many sides who don't let us play.

But why people forget everything good he's done (far more than the likes of Sven, Sousa, Megson, Holloway & Allen PUT TOGETHER) whenever we lose is beyond me. It's an embarrassment.

Yet we sit in the playoff places... But yeah we are worse than everyone else in this league...

My opinion hasn't changed. I still think Pearsons going to do a good job, but I don't think he's going to get us into the automatics. I'm not going to fall into the "OMG SACK PEARSON" camp after a few defeats anymore than I'm going to think we're going to win the league after a few wins.

. But I also don't think anyone should be scared into submission if they wish to discuss it.

I could name now the fellas on here who will metaphorically spit on anyone who even discusses it.

This.

It's ridiculous how that when we were on a winning streak, anyone who criticised the team in the slightest (even when there were problems that were evident for anyone to see) would get mobbed by hateful comments. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same people now slating Pearson because we're doing badly.

Agreed again Dan, we certainly need to change some areas, but we are top six, we aren't mid table.

It's the knee jerk reactions Dan, far too many of them, I can see why they are frustrated, but wanting Pearson out when he has done incredibly well at this club is stupid. He has turned us from an average mid table side, into a side capable of promotion.

Reminds me of similar threads, nay threads which read as almost exactly the same, when Sven was at the helm.

And then, anyone (eg me) who dared to suggest that he was a plonker was widely rounded on by the FoxesTalk lions.

No, I don't think Pearson should go. But I also don't think anyone should be scared into submission if they wish to discuss it.

But Sven was a complete and utter moron. The difference in his games last year and Pearson's this year is amazing.

Getting rid of Sven was the right move.

But Sven was a complete and utter moron. The difference in his games last year and Pearson's this year is amazing.

Is Pearson's record much better than Svens? To be honest I really don't know?

What I do know is that we go to Hull on Boxing Day with me having little confidence of getting a result.

And there's the rub for me... A manager and a team I was fully confident of would have me going to most away games thinking we'll win. In my mind, that's a good yardstick.

:thumbup:

Sven should have been given a full season. I say this a lot, but I always believe that a manager should be given a full season with his squad (unless you're looking at relegation). I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before Sven was sacked, but I knew had he gone that the rest of the season would have been a write off.

Pearsons doing a fair job, and if we finish in the play-offs he should get another season. If not, he should probably go.

Managerial statistics - Nigel Pearson

Team Nat From To Record Notes G W D L Win % Carlisle United

17 December 1998 17 May 1999 30 5 13 12 16.66 Saved the club from relegation to the Football Conferenceon the final day of the season West Bromwich Albion

18 September 2006 16 October 2006 4 3 1 0 75.00 As caretaker manager England Under-21s

24 March 2007 25 March 2007 1 0 1 0 00.00 As caretaker manager Newcastle United

6 May 2007 15 May 2007 1 0 1 0 00.00 As caretaker manager Newcastle United

9 January 2008 16 January 2008 2 1 0 1 50.00 As caretaker manager Southampton

18 February 2008 30 May 2008 14 3 7 4 21.43 Saved the club from relegation to League One on the final day of the season. Leicester City

20 June 2008 29 June 2010 107 55 30 22 51.40 Won theLeague Onetitle and reachedChampionshipplay-off semi-finals, best win ratio of any permanent manager. Hull City

29 June 2010 15 November 2011 64 23 20 21 35.94 Leicester City

15 November 2011 Present 60 27 13 20 45.00 Total 283 117 86 80 41.34

Managerial statistics - Sven

As of 22 October 2011. Team Nat From To Record P W D L Win % Degerfors 1977 1978 0 0 0 0 — IFK Göteborg[39] 1979 1982 100 51 32 17 51.00 Benfica

1982 1984 60 46 11 3 76.67 Roma

1984 1987 90 41 26 23 45.56 Fiorentina

1987 1989 64 21 20 23 32.81 Benfica

1989 1992 144 94 32 18 65.28 Sampdoria

1992 1997 170 71 52 47 41.76 Lazio

1997 2001 136 78 32 26 57.35 England[40]

January 2001 July 2006 67 40 17 10 59.70 Manchester City

July 2007 June 2008 45 19 11 15 42.22 Mexico

June 2008 April 2009 13 6 1 6 46.15 Côte d'Ivoire

March 2010 June 2010 5 2 2 1 40.00 Leicester City

October 2010 October 2011 55 24 14 17 43.64 Total 905 468 242 195 51.71

In answer to the question how different is there record at LCFC .... it's very very similar. For Sven this wasn;'t good enough. Just proves how important the next few games are.

[edit]

Unfortunately there are always going to be some cretins who can't/won't look at the bigger picture, or will not be swayed from their hate of the manager, or who will change their opinion in him after every game. Best to just ignore them whilst they're a minority, there's no reasoning with them.

NP has a different brief from Sven's, as he also has to daramatically bring down the costs. Comparing his & Sven's periods of management is meaningless, when you consider the blank cheque that Sven was given.

I hope NP isn't put under pressure by the owners. As he has had to majorly overhaul the squad and reduce the cost of it, he has gone for largely young, promising players. That naturally implies a longer development time for the squad. It might be expecting too much to get us promoted this season but, a year on, this squad (which already shows it can play spectacular football at times) will mature some more and, with a few choice additions, could become the standout championship side next season.

NP has a different brief from Sven's, as he also has to daramatically bring down the costs. Comparing his & Sven's periods of management is meaningless, when you consider the blank cheque that Sven was given.

I hope NP isn't put under pressure by the owners. As he has had to majorly overhaul the squad and reduce the cost of it, he has gone for largely young, promising players. That naturally implies a longer development time for the squad. It might be expecting too much to get us promoted this season but, a year on, this squad (which already shows it can play spectacular football at times) will mature some more and, with a few choice additions, could become the standout championship side next season.

With the right additions, we could still become the stand out team this season. We're not that far off it. But, agreed

If they sacked Pearson then we are definitely going nowhere a new manager will want to change the shape of the team, which would take time. I do still believe this is Leicester's year, in the summer I gave Nigel till christmas to at least get us in the play offs which he has done. he's now got an extension till the end of the season to get us in the premier league otherwise it will be a failure.

If they sacked Pearson they we are definitely going nowhere a new manager will want to change the shape of the team, which would take time. I do still believe this is Leicester's year, in the summer I gave Nigel till christmas to at least get us in the play offs which he has done. he's now got an extension till the end of the season to get us in the premier league otherwise it will be a failure.

How long have you been back from this game LeicesterPool?

Been wandering the streets stalking girls again?

Archived