Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Knockaert to Arsenal?

http://gossip.ladyar...-with-arsenal/?

The French radio station RMC are today linking Arsenal with a move for French forward Anthony Knockaert who currently plays in England with Leicester City.

Knockaert, who is 21, has only been with Leicester since the summer, scoring five goals in 21 appearances and notching up four assists.

The rumour isn’t very well substantiated at all but he’s young, French and relatively unknown to Arsenal fans so that would see to make him the perfect signing. Whether Leicester would be willing to let him go when he is under contract until 2015 is another issue that’s not clear.

Knockaert can play as a striker or on the right wing and is a France u21 player.

I can’t really say how likely this rumour is given the lack of information available regarding it but it does, as I’ve already said, sound like a typical Arsenal move however it is unlikely to be one which will please the majority of fans who are looking at Arsenal to make a significant statement of intent when the January transfer window opens.

Strikers that have already been linked with Arsenal in the run up to the window are falling by the wayside rapidly. Barcelona have said that David Villa will not be moving anywhere in January, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar signed a new contract with Schalke, and just yesterday Demba Ba said that he doesn’t expect to be moving anywhere anytime soon.

It's probably a bit too soon but a top class manager will have seen his potential when played in the correct position behind a lone striker or in the 4-2-3-1 Arsenal, Chelsea etc play. I'm sure Pearson will continue to play him right midfield and bring him off after an hour every game. :dry:

It's probably a bit too soon but a top class manager will have seen his potential when played in the correct position behind a lone striker or in the 4-2-3-1 Arsenal, Chelsea etc play. I'm sure Pearson will continue to play him right midfield and bring him off after an hour every game. :dry:

Don't forget that Pearson found the relatively unknown player and signed him up.

I remember saying on here that he would be a typical Arsenal signing and if we lost him it would be to there. But the last couple of months he hasnt replicated his form from our winning run we went on so i would be suprised if they went for him in January. End of season might be a different story. Jan signings are usually all about improving the team and in no way can he improve their team...

Archived