Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Burnley Match Thread

City boss Nigel Pearson makes two changes for this afternoon's match:

Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan ©, Moore, Konchesky, Marshall, Drinkwater, James, Dyer, Knockaert, Nugent.

Subs: Logan, King, Waghorn, Keane, Gallagher, Schlupp, Futacs

Interesting. No King because presumably he's too lightweight? Whitbread must be injured?

Nuge looooves a goal against these. Let's do this.

Pearson mentioned tired players do I think King is for a break more than anything.

Actually quite like the look of that team.

Must have Knockaert behind Nugent then i guess? Hopefully he and Marshall play well. Win needed.

Surprised King is dropped, Moore in doesn't worry me yet, rate him.

Either that or him in the forward 3 with Dyer and Nugent, with Marshall playing through the middle where he has played well before.

Pearson mentioned tired players do I think King is for a break more than anything.

Actually quite like the look of that team.

Ahh, fair enough. Haven't heard/seen any interviews since Cardiff so wasn't sure if there was injuries or anything. I guess a lot of games very quickly, rotation's necessary.

James has done a job at times this season, him and Drinky could allow Knockaert to do whatever he wants, which is how he works best. A bit different but I'm weirdly positive about today now I've seen that. Two genuine wingers, when attacking that'll be akin to 4 up top, when defending they can cover nicely and we should be solid.

Either that or him in the forward 3 with Dyer and Nugent, with Marshall playing through the middle where he has played well before.

Yeah good call. So like 4-2-1-2-1 sort of thing.

Very wet Herr in Burnley stopped raining finally now but pitch will be soaked. No more rain please! Need to apdat well to conditions

Yeah good call. So like 4-2-1-2-1 sort of thing.

Very wet Herr in Burnley stopped raining finally now but pitch will be soaked. No more rain please! Need to apdat well to conditions

It hasn't stopped raining in the NW since about 2007 so hopefully someone at the club would've been expecting a poor conditioned pitch and we'll have worked on it accordingly in training. Hadn't thought about the possibility of Marshall in the hole, guess him and Knocky could both have a go depending on how well we start off.

Is Charlie Austin out? Read on Twitter yesterday he might be a doubt, got a bit excited but I'm on my phone and can't find Burnley team news.

It hasn't stopped raining in the NW since about 2007 so hopefully someone at the club would've been expecting a poor conditioned pitch and we'll have worked on it accordingly in training. Hadn't thought about the possibility of Marshall in the hole, guess him and Knocky could both have a go depending on how well we start off.

Is Charlie Austin out? Read on Twitter yesterday he might be a doubt, got a bit excited but I'm on my phone and can't find Burnley team news.

Austin is playing

Archived