Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Burnley 0 - 1 City (A)

So if we won every away game this season and played how we played today and got promoted , would you complain?

I wouldn't complain but it wouldn't be a great platform for staying up - we'd get battered in the premiership if we play like we have recently (apart from today as i didn't go) .... but as we were early season I thought we looked like a competent prem side.

A narrow 0-1 win against a poor Burnley side who lost their only effective forward after 2 minutes....... :(

Don't confuse a great result with another mediocre performance, there remains a hell of a lot to do if we are going to be serious about promotion.

A lot of folks seem to think new players brought in next month will make the difference, personally I can't see them making much of a difference if we continue to play the same way that we have of late.

Perhaps a mediocre performance but 3 points.

Lets not forget we have torn teams apart this season yet been turned over ourselves and come away with nothing.

3 points is 3 points, the performance, if good is a bonus on top of that but I know I would rather be winning games than losing them and sometimes you have to win ugly.

Should get the win against huddersfield and push on from there :D

I know this isnt too do with it but Stevie howard with a brace today too :D

Noticed Super Stevie's brace myself - who would have thought Hartlepool would get three points at Bramall Lane today - what a strange game we all follow

So if we won every away game this season and played how we played today and got promoted , would you complain?

Perhaps a mediocre performance but 3 points.

Lets not forget we have torn teams apart this season yet been turned over ourselves and come away with nothing.

3 points is 3 points, the performance, if good is a bonus on top of that but I know I would rather be winning games than losing them and sometimes you have to win ugly.

Simply would never happen, nice to get the points when you are not playing that well., but you can't rely on it happening more than now and again.

We've had several good performances that haven't heralded positive results.

This is football, not science, as you time and time again seem to mistake it for.

We got ourselves to the top of the table playing fluent passing football, we seemed to lose our way in an apparant attempt to become more solid, perhaps trying to defend our position?

4-5-1 and leaving out King seems to have reaped the benefits today. I'm glad we are looking more solid in the middle.

We have been solid in midfield in most of our games, it's just the one's we lose where we struggle.

But we still could do with another central midfielder, we only have three, while the teams above us are rotating with 5-6.

A narrow 0-1 win against a poor Burnley side who lost their only effective forward after 2 minutes....... :(

Don't confuse a great result with another mediocre performance, there remains a hell of a lot to do if we are going to be serious about promotion.

A lot of folks seem to think new players brought in next month will make the difference, personally I can't see them making much of a difference if we continue to play the same way that we have of late.

Great Result! Even Barc, Man U et al don't play great ever game. This year we have played well in some games and poorly in other.

It virtually a new team with lots of young players, they need time to develop as individuals and as a team.

Its easy to say what needs to be done, then to do it.......

Great Result! Even Barc, Man U et al don't play great ever game. This year we have played well in some games and poorly in other.

It virtually a new team with lots of young players, they need time to develop as individuals and as a team.

Its easy to say what needs to be done, then to do it.......

They may be new and young, but they have already shown this season that they can play fluid, attacking football and do it well enough to get us top of the league........:)

What troubles me is that recently we have not even tried to play the same way, we are setting up to play very conservatively with the the dreaded long ball once again becoming our main attacking tactic.....:(

I find that disapointing and a bit deflating to be honest, the 4 points in two tough away games helps but we have to get our game in order and at the present time I can not see any attempt being made to do that.

They may be new and young, but they have already shown this season that they can play fluid, attacking football and do it well enough to get us top of the league........ :)

What troubles me is that recently we have not even tried to play the same way, we are setting up to play very conservatively with the the dreaded long ball once again becoming our main attacking tactic..... :(

I find that disapointing and a bit deflating to be honest, the 4 points in two tough away games helps but we have to get our game in order and at the present time I can not see any attempt being made to do that.

Dave you take pessimism to another level mate :ph34r: have a :beer: and enjoy the victory!

They may be new and young, but they have already shown this season that they can play fluid, attacking football and do it well enough to get us top of the league........ :)

What troubles me is that recently we have not even tried to play the same way, we are setting up to play very conservatively with the the dreaded long ball once again becoming our main attacking tactic..... :(

Why comment on tactics and formation in games you haven't seen?

They may be new and young, but they have already shown this season that they can play fluid, attacking football and do it well enough to get us top of the league........:)

What troubles me is that recently we have not even tried to play the same way, we are setting up to play very conservatively with the the dreaded long ball once again becoming our main attacking tactic.....:(

We didnt set up to play conservatively today and whilst it wasnt the best performance, it wasnt any worsethan some of the Csrdiff performances Ivee seen this year. You're got going to be amazing for 10 months every season and these games at Burnley where you dont play great are the games that can make or break your season

Fair point, I jus think we loss a little confidence and other teams have worked out that we aren't so good when they are physical against us, I agree we have gone more direct as the season has gone on, Kasper goes long far to often as does Whitbread!

I think these 2 result will see a bit of confidence return, NP has also shown that he's willing to change personal and formations, to get results!

Just got back. Surprised to see so many people saying that we played a 4-5-1, it was definitely a 4-4-1-1 with Knocky off Nuge. It worked too, wasn't one for the purists as they say, but we ground out the win.

Overall, very scrappy game but delighted with the win. Played some decent football in patches but their route 1 football didn't help the spectacle. Got the goal when we were on top and managed to defend their long ball well, with a few exceptions. Suspect if Austin was fit then he would've scored a couple of their chances, but he didn't and we return with a fantastic 3 points and clean sheet.

Moore was poor I thought, gave the ball away a fair bit, was sloppy with the ball at his feet and on another day it would've cost us. Certainly would've struggled more without Wes by his side, who once again was solid. No surprise to see Knockaert dragged off after 60 minutes, just gave the ball away over and over again. James did a decent job, Marshall played well and Nugent would be my MOTM.

We'll play very different against Huddersfield I expect, more controlling and attacking. Today wasn't the best performance but we got the all important 3 points, plus a clean sheet. UTF.

Archived