Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Burnley 0 - 1 City (A)

Result exactly what the doctor ordered, always a bit risky playing 4-5-1, it not something I'd like us to continue doing in the long term, but fortuantley Nugent has taken a chance today, abd we desperatley needed that today.

Be interested to hear how we played.

Big game on Tuesday.

Not the best game or performance but a much needed win. Typical NP away performance and a hard fought 3 points. Need more away wins like this now.

Well done Leicester.

But do need to play better if we're to gain promotion but nice not to play well and win for once. Oh and James was decent today encouraging.

Nice to hear James had a decent game today, hopefully he'll keep his place ahead of King.

Not as clear cut as that...

With the games coming every couple of days, NP said tiredness was having an impact which is perhaps a contributory reason in King being rested.

Aside from that, it certainly sounded like we never got much going on the front foot.

The creative, flowing football we've seen relatively often was out the window... But we dug in and got a result we needed.

In other words it was a team & formation picked to get a result in a potentially tricky away game. Will we see it again, especially at home?

Doubtful IMO.

I think James is a useful player and King offers a lot too. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

James sounded decent. Good to see a couple players (moore and James) come in and do a top job, shows how important the squad is. 4 points from two very tough away games is delightful, shame we didnt beat barnsley and convert our chances against Cardiff, if so we would be in an even better position. Great 3 points, now lets put in the performance we know we can against Huddersfield at home!

4-5-1 and leaving out King seems to have reaped the benefits today. I'm glad we are looking more solid in the middle.

James had a good game, no question, but listening to Craig it sounds as if our passing - in midfield and elsewhere - was pretty awful. At least Shakespeare sounds realistic. In fact its refreshing to hear him answering questions frankly. I'd agree about the system - it probably suits our players better for away games but it sounded to me like there was plenty of room for improvement.

King needed a rest - that's been obvious to anyone for a a while now - but we won't get away with passing like that against a good team and should be thankful Burnley were significantly weakened.

I'd also wonder if Whitbread's absence was significant. Moore sounded well involved and I've never seen him give the ball away like Whitbread.

3 points was fúcking crucial today. I listened a bit and it sounded very dull, but does anyone care? No. Well in Nuge, bagged again and now we're out of that very tough Christmas period, still top 6 and with new signing(s) ready to rumble.

Let's do this!

Great result........:)

Sounds like a fairly typical NFP away win, mediocre performance but we come away with all 3 points, not something we have heard very often this season.

Game sounded pretty dreadful on the radio, very little football being played in difficult conditions, most telling for me was the number of times we lost possession in midfield, been a real issue for a while, doesn't seem to be getting any better.

BTW, If I was Anthony Knockaert and I got to hear a recording of today's commentary I would be inviting a certain ex player outside for a frank exchange of views.

Onward and upward for City with the signings of Chris Wood and potentially Baptiste, Trotter/Powell (loan) to come we have a good chance to grab that second spot come the end of the season. One game at a time though has to be taken.

Huddersfield at home should be a win if we play to our potential.

Where's all the 'Pearson Out' threads? Or the ones pointing out all our defects that have conveniently only become apparent in this game?

A narrow 0-1 win against a poor Burnley side who lost their only effective forward after 2 minutes.......:(

Don't confuse a great result with another mediocre performance, there remains a hell of a lot to do if we are going to be serious about promotion.

A lot of folks seem to think new players brought in next month will make the difference, personally I can't see them making much of a difference if we continue to play the same way that we have of late.

Have we turned the corner?

Hopefully......

A good 3 points. A pragmatic win.

Football is a 14 man(minimum)18-20 man game.

Players were injured,others were rested.No big deal!

It is reassuring,despite our small squad, that those coming in performed well.

Onward and upward......

Up the City!

A narrow 0-1 win against a poor Burnley side who lost their only effective forward after 2 minutes....... :(

Don't confuse a great result with another mediocre performance, there remains a hell of a lot to do if we are going to be serious about promotion.

A lot of folks seem to think new players brought in next month will make the difference, personally I can't see them making much of a difference if we continue to play the same way that we have of late.

So if we won every away game this season and played how we played today and got promoted , would you complain?

A narrow 0-1 win against a poor Burnley side who lost their only effective forward after 2 minutes....... :(

We've had several good performances that haven't heralded positive results.

This is football, not science, as you time and time again seem to mistake it for.

Archived