Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Bluetintedspecs

Wood eligibility for tomorrow

Recommended Posts

Posted

Whenever there's a transfer it must be completed 5pm the day before the game.

Won't be the end of the world if he doesn't make it. He won't be starting and we've done ok so far this season without him.

You won't hear me disagreeing with that, it was more about is he isn't he clarification for me, when I worked at the club back in the day it used to be 12 noon the day before game, lot of years ago though :P
Posted

Could we 'loan' him for 24 hours prior to finalizing the deal allowing him to play?

Seems all too complicating for a player to get one start, when we've done quite well without so far.

If he was eligible then I think he should Start on the bench and come on in the second half.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Nigel being Nigel I have a feeling he wouldn't start Wood even if he could. A few days training with a squad before they play usually makes sense.

I could be wrong but I expect Wood to be on the bench tomorrow, assuming he's registered to play.

We'll see anyway..

Posted

I don't see a desperation to include him tomorrow. It'd be much easier to let him settle in and give him a debut against Burton, to fit in with the squad and his team-mates.

Posted

Nigel being Nigel I have a feeling he wouldn't start Wood even if he could. A few days training with a squad before they play usually makes sense.

I could be wrong but I expect Wood to be on the bench tomorrow, assuming he's registered to play.

We'll see anyway..

yeah if he's available I feel that he would be on the bench too mate!
Posted

Nigel being Nigel I have a feeling he wouldn't start Wood even if he could. A few days training with a squad before they play usually makes sense.

I could be wrong but I expect Wood to be on the bench tomorrow, assuming he's registered to play.

We'll see anyway..

I can see millwall fans absolutely over the moon if wood's on the bench tommorow lol

Posted

I can see millwall fans absolutely over the moon if wood's on the bench tommorow lol

Only for them to be delighted to see he's come

Off the bench and scored the last minute winner.

Posted

Only for them to be delighted to see he's come

Off the bench and scored the last minute winner.

Now that, that would be brilliant.

But i'd like to think we could get the win a bit more comfortably than that.

Posted

Only for them to be delighted to see he's come

Off the bench and scored the last minute winner.

"Those Leicester Cvnts , Always taking our players and scoring late goals" :mad:

Posted

If it was up to me I would start him.

None of our strikers apart from Nugent are doing the business and even he had a mini bad patch recently.

Vardy needs the pressure off, Waghorn needs to get over his operation and I have no idea about Futacs.

Start him Nigel !!

Posted

If it was up to me I would start him.

None of our strikers apart from Nugent are doing the business and even he had a mini bad patch recently.

Vardy needs the pressure off, Waghorn needs to get over his operation and I have no idea about Futacs.

Start him Nigel !!

Futacs is THE MAN :yesyes:

Posted

If it was up to me I would start him.

None of our strikers apart from Nugent are doing the business and even he had a mini bad patch recently.

Vardy needs the pressure off, Waghorn needs to get over his operation and I have no idea about Futacs.

Start him Nigel !!

I agree, if he can play then why not? It's not like he isn't match fit, plus he'll be nicely rested compared to most other players on the pitch tomorrow. But if not I hope he makes the bench and comes on at some stage. Looking forward to seeing him in action for us.

Posted

Surely it's more likely the deal will be done in time for kick off so he can be revealed as officially a Leicester player in front of the crowd rather than in time to play, I just think the time scales are wrong as Bert says 5pm the day before and we know that's not possible.

Posted

Shakey said on foxesplayer that the deal was done but required registration with the league (rubber stamping) before he was elibible to play, he intimated that it could be sorted prior to the match tommorrow, he has been to the training ground (as pics on here confirm) so hopefully he has spent some time with the lads in training

Posted

Assuming he is eligible, surely you can't start him, seeing as he's most likely had very little, if any at all, practice with the squad? I agree with others, come off the bench if available.

Posted

When we signed Oakley and Howard a few years ago, wasn't their debut on Jan 1st, or am I just imagining that? Memories fading a bit...

30 posts in 7 and a half years, that's what I call a lurker! ;)

Posted

When we signed Oakley and Howard a few years ago, wasn't their debut on Jan 1st, or am I just imagining that? Memories fading a bit...

Oakley moved to Leicester City on 11 January 2008 for a fee of £500,000, signing a three-and-a-half year contract.[35] Surprised at being allowed to leave Pride Park,[36] he was reunited with Derby teammate Steve Howard, who had joined Leicester ten days earlier.[35

Howard joined Leicester City on 1 January 2008 for a fee of £1.5 million, signing a three-and-a-half year contract.[15] Initially signing on loan, Derby teammate Matthew Oakley joined him at the club on 11 January. He made his debut in a 3–1 defeat to QPR on 1 January 2008.[16

So Big Steve played on Jan 1st, but Oakley did not.

So I'd say its a possibility for tomorrow although if he plays he'll come off the bench surely?

Happy New Year people.

Posted

Don't really want him to play, can't have trained much with the team if at all and so I'd rather give him time, play him against Burton redy for Bristol City away as his first league game. If I'm honest I'd want all January business done in time for Brizzle

Posted

Leicester City are confident that new striker Chris Wood will make his debut against Huddersfield Town at the King Power Stadium today.

A £2 million deal has been agreed with West Bromwich Albion and the paperwork will be rushed through when the transfer window officially opens today.




  • ​4436984.jpg
    Chris Wood

City believe they will get everything completed in time for the 21-year-old striker to face the Terriers.

"It is exciting for the fans," said assistant manager Craig Shakespeare.

"We all know that the fee and personal terms have been agreed. We just need to get that one over the line in terms of the registration and, hopefully we will get that done today.

"For a 21-year-old, you look at his goals record at a very good level and it is impressive.

"He came to West Bromwich Albion just before I left but, speaking to people there, they have nothing but good things to say about him.

"It is not just about his finishing, which is main reason why we have brought him in, it is also his personality and how he conducts himself. He is hungry and willing to learn, which is exactly what we are looking for in new signings."

City have also been linked with a move for Blackpool defender Alex Baptiste. Reports suggest that a £1 million offer has been accepted by the Tangerines, but Shakespeare said: "I have seen the other names mentioned and they are news to me.

"Speculation is always around but we don't comment on speculation. If there are players out there who we think will improve us then we will look at that, but there is no news at the moment."

City will again be without striker Jamie Vardy (heel), plus defenders Zak Whitbread (calf) and Sean St Ledger (hamstring) for the visit of Huddersfield, but Shakespeare said Vardy was progressing well.

There was also good news on St Ledger, who had flown to Munich to see a top specialist about his problematic hamstring injury.

"Jamie and Zak are progressing well although Jamie probably quicker than Zak," he said.

"It went fine for Sean in Germany and he didn't need an operation, so we will just assess it week by week. But he is making progress."

Posted

Leicester City are confident that new striker Chris Wood will make his debut against Huddersfield Town at the King Power Stadium today.

A £2 million deal has been agreed with West Bromwich Albion and the paperwork will be rushed through when the transfer window officially opens today.


  • ​4436984.jpg
    Chris Wood

City believe they will get everything completed in time for the 21-year-old striker to face the Terriers.

"It is exciting for the fans," said assistant manager Craig Shakespeare.

"We all know that the fee and personal terms have been agreed. We just need to get that one over the line in terms of the registration and, hopefully we will get that done today.

"For a 21-year-old, you look at his goals record at a very good level and it is impressive.

"He came to West Bromwich Albion just before I left but, speaking to people there, they have nothing but good things to say about him.

"It is not just about his finishing, which is main reason why we have brought him in, it is also his personality and how he conducts himself. He is hungry and willing to learn, which is exactly what we are looking for in new signings."

City have also been linked with a move for Blackpool defender Alex Baptiste. Reports suggest that a £1 million offer has been accepted by the Tangerines, but Shakespeare said: "I have seen the other names mentioned and they are news to me.

"Speculation is always around but we don't comment on speculation. If there are players out there who we think will improve us then we will look at that, but there is no news at the moment."

City will again be without striker Jamie Vardy (heel), plus defenders Zak Whitbread (calf) and Sean St Ledger (hamstring) for the visit of Huddersfield, but Shakespeare said Vardy was progressing well.

There was also good news on St Ledger, who had flown to Munich to see a top specialist about his problematic hamstring injury.

"Jamie and Zak are progressing well although Jamie probably quicker than Zak," he said.

"It went fine for Sean in Germany and he didn't need an operation, so we will just assess it week by week. But he is making progress."

Great news :D

The only reason st.ledger has flown to Germany is to get absolutely pissed :thumbup:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...