Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ilkeston_Fox

City v Huddersfield Post Match Thread

Yep.

How sad must you be to boo your own player when your team are winning 5-1. There are a section of Leicester City fans who I'm completely ashamed to be associated with, I swear they just can't stand being happy.

Yeah it really is ridiculous.

Quality!! Great team performance from the lads, struggle to think of a single negative. Wood looks a player, his understanding with Nugent already seems top notch.

Knockaert...wow, his 2nd was incredible, getting through that gap then managing to bend it round the defender and keeper and into the back of the next. Back to his complete best, 4 goals against them this season and 3 have been an absolute different class. His 1st today wasn't half bad either.

Keane also looked a bit of alright I thought, composed for his age.

Found myself saying 'well done James' a lot today as well. Thought he was our unsung hero, went about his work quietly but very efficiently and was a vital cog in the machine today alongside Drinky. Great to see Waggy getting on the scoresheet again as well, assisted by the man of the day Wood.

Overall a quality team performance. If we consistently play like that we're up.

Superb display. The front two were excellent today. The second in particular showed a glimpse of what they could do for us.

Wood was definitely strong in the air which we expected from him but (pardon the cliché) also has great feet for a big man. His touch is what gives him the edge over Vardy and better finishing ability puts him ahead of Waggy as well. Very promising signs.

Elsewhere Knockaert caused them problems all game and I felt he played with more freedom today to roam around than he has recently which paid dividends. He's not like other players to whom you can give fixed tactical instructions and I think to get the best from him you have to just let him play.

Matty James as well was supreme in the middle. He's good on the ball, reads the game very well and times challenges excellently. Like a little Michael Carrick type player. Whilst he doesn't go flying into challenges or physically bully opponents, his football brain means I think he could become that ball-winner that many have cried for.

Shouldn't get too OTT because Huddersfield looked devoid of any ideas offensively for large parts but, having said that, if we can replicate both the freddom of our attacking play and the clinical nature of finishing, the top two is certainly on.

What a fantastic performance every one of the team put a shift in, Wood was immense with his finishing clinical in the extreme, Knockaert when he is on his game is prem standard in quality.

Lets keep this level of performance up City truth be told we could of had another 3 goals, but this dominance if we can replicate that more often their will be no stopping us.

Fantastic performance where it could've easily been ten. No-one had a bad game and when we play like that we are by far the best team in the league.

Wood creates so much space for us whic is fantastic, especially the players we have that can bomb on.

Knockaert's second was a goal of pure class. Perfect way to start the new year!

Watch today on the highlights how the fvck is vaughn not given offside for their goal!?!? We always get sh#t refs! Watch him hes at least 3 yards off and if standing directly in front of kasper isn't interfering with play i'll never know!

Archived