Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Anthony Wordsworth

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8380236/

Sky Sports understands a host of Championship clubs are looking at Colchester United star midfielder Anthony Wordsworth.

The 23-year-old midfielder is a product of Colchester's own academy and has featured in nearly 200 games for the Essex outfit.

Wordsworth'sspacer.gif current deal is due to expire in the summer, and a host of clubs are keeping close tabs on his situation.

Leicester City,spacer.gifMiddlesbrough,spacer.gif Ipswich and Peterborough are all believed to be amongst the clubs looking at Wordsworth.

Big spending Leicester attached again?

Reminds me a bit of Anthony Pilkington, a talented lower league player.

Season or two ago, he looked pretty impressive, haven't heard much of him since though.

Definitely capable of Championship football though.

A squad player replacement for either Danns or Wellens?

Thinking about it he might be a replacement for Gally, they look very much the same player. Talented ability from freekicks but not the man to chase after every ball, someone to bring off the bench maybe?

Unless it's a complete non-story like a few have suggested.

Reminds me a bit of Anthony Pilkington, a talented lower league player.

Season or two ago, he looked pretty impressive, haven't heard much of him since though.

Definitely capable of Championship football though.

How d'you know he's definitely capable of Championship football if you haven't heard anything of note for the last season or so then? Psychic?

I think with Wood signing & Keane on loan until the end of the season we're done unless we really are in for Powell or Wordsworth or something.

I expect he'll be probably be looking at a defensive midfielder and perhaps a winger/playmaker since Lingard has gone back to United.

How d'you know he's definitely capable of Championship football if you haven't heard anything of note for the last season or so then? Psychic?

Yes!

He is a player who has looked capable of playing in a higher league for a while, so I'm not surprised to see him linked with us and other clubs.

Archived