Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hugo Sanchez

Barclay Out

I think it would be very bad for the team's performance if we held a protest inside the ground. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to make it known on the radio and in the mercury, and with the supporters trust groups and to keep bringing it up on those and other forums until the end of the season . IMO, even with 5000 signs they will not listen to us, but tension may just mess us up when we really need the 3 points...

I think it would be very bad for the team's performance if we held a protest inside the ground. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to make it known on the radio and in the mercury, and with the supporters trust groups and to keep bringing it up on those and other forums until the end of the season . IMO, even with 5000 signs they will not listen to us, but tension may just mess us up when we really need the 3 points...

You have a point. Although not identical with their protests, I spent months last season slagging off Blackburn fans

What about if we staged a mini protest before or after a game outside the ground and notified radio leic and other local media ! That will surely get noticed and wouldn't really affect the team ?

Ok thats the spirit. Protest at boro on sky (that will help shit loads ) We needs signs with BARCLAY OUT on. Atleast the kop covered in them. L1 and K also. Lots of anti barclay chants. Also lots of confetti, for weasel. Lets go back to 99 and show them a good protest. Get bentleys roof and talking balls aware. Get the mercury on board and radio leicester. Barclay out !

No way the mercury or radio Leicester will touch this, not a chance.

The problem is there are only about 100 people who even know who this guy is! Until I read the thread I didn't have a clue and I've been following city for 30 odd years!

There is no way 5,000 people will hold up a sign when they don't even know him, it doesn't matter what stand they sit in!

Good intentions, but no chance.

Strongly disagree. Stringer already wants to talk to the lad.

Exactly! Anything that's gonna get more people listening to the radio and I'm sure East Midlands today will be on it too once contacted. For them it's a story, especially with the Sunderland thing being in the media just a couple weeks back.

If this goes ahead maybe someone could tweet the players making them aware of what's happening hopefully easing any negativity it could cause. Also email the club explaining how we're trying to improve the atmosphere, send YouTube videos of filbert st and Wembley and ask them if they could advise the stewards to ease back a bit. Then at the next game everyone needs to take sandwich bags and toilet rolls and throw them at the same time.

Un-related to this incident but i have seen Barclay down at Filbert street and the walkers. The following is a little known story about him from a night many years ago.......

Me and some mates were headed to nottingham for a night out and low and behold he was a taxi driver at the time for a small firm in Market Harborough, anyway the trip upto notts was fine however on the way back we had arranged for same driver to pick us up, we were all battered and being rowdy, Barclay was tormented the entire journey surprised he did not crash.

By the time we reached home the mini van taxi that was used had been trashed, all the seat belts had been tied together and ripped out, some one was not only sick but had laid a cable in the back of the van, the final insult to Barclay was that as when we all got out shouting and jeering at him one of my mates grabbed the fire extinguisher and let it rip all over him and the drivers seat....Barclay was shitting himself and burned off down the road with extinguisher foam all over him and the front window.

Next day was regrettable as we were all young and stupid the firm had our contact details and between us had to cough up a small fortune for repairs and cleaning, thankfully no police involved.

Hope that cheers someone up as Barclay got owned that night.

Un-related to this incident but i have seen Barclay down at Filbert street and the walkers. The following is a little known story about him from a night many years ago.......

Me and some mates were headed to nottingham for a night out and low and behold he was a taxi driver at the time for a small firm in Market Harborough, anyway the trip upto notts was fine however on the way back we had arranged for same driver to pick us up, we were all battered and being rowdy, Barclay was tormented the entire journey surprised he did not crash.

By the time we reached home the mini van taxi that was used had been trashed, all the seat belts had been tied together and ripped out, some one was not only sick but had laid a cable in the back of the van, the final insult to Barclay was that as when we all got out shouting and jeering at him one of my mates grabbed the fire extinguisher and let it rip all over him and the drivers seat....Barclay was shitting himself and burned off down the road with extinguisher foam all over him and the front window.

Next day was regrettable as we were all young and stupid the firm had our contact details and between us had to cough up a small fortune for repairs and cleaning, thankfully no police involved.

Err no that just shows you up for the twats you were. That had nothing to do with the driver no matter who it was.

your fault hes been such a cvnt since then !

If this goes ahead maybe someone could tweet the players making them aware of what's happening hopefully easing any negativity it could cause. Also email the club explaining how we're trying to improve the atmosphere, send YouTube videos of filbert st and Wembley and ask them if they could advise the stewards to ease back a bit. Then at the next game everyone needs to take sandwich bags and toilet rolls and throw them at the same time.

Lets do it ! At the very least even if we don't protest I think everyone should throw sandwich bags! Then let's see how many they can arrest!

People please, DO NOT do a protest. This will not end well if you do so. The beat thing would be to just form a supporters organisation, guve it a name and then book an appointment with the club to talk it through.

Trust me if you protest, it will end with people being thrown out.

look you that are wimps and are scared of action , if you look on the whole picture of this man he is a detriment to our fans/club . let him know hes a jobsworth bully . the club isnt being portrayed the way this man acts . and thats a fact ! family club and all that , with barclay thats bollox . even the softies on here must agree with that ?

People please, DO NOT do a protest. This will not end well if you do so. The beat thing would be to just form a supporters organisation, guve it a name and then book an appointment with the club to talk it through.

Trust me if you protest, it will end with people being thrown out.

why will they throw people out, as long as no one fvcks up and starts fighting they have no reason to throw anyone out?

Can someone explain why this is being directed at Barclay? Obviously he`s the head honcho, but did he personally throw Weasel out? Can someone confirm this.

Not wishing to be a party pooper, but surely throwing a roll of sandwich bags from the Family Stand is hardly sensible! If a steward see`s something being thrown then surely thats the offence?

No issue with Confetti, and atmosphere, but a roll of sandwich bags seems a bit stupid!! This is a fairly simple one.... go to the football, shout, chant and wave your scarf, but start throwing things and your bound to be at risk of being throw out, particularly in the family stand!

why will they throw people out, as long as no one fvcks up and starts fighting they have no reason to throw anyone out?

They will find a reason. Do you really think it's a coincidence that every time someone has made an effort to try and improve the atmosphere, and made one tiny cock up they've been ejected and given banning orders?

Singing section in N block, Jamie set it up, did all the hard word in getting the club on side and then got kicked out for more or less nothing.

Fosse Boys, although the numbers were never really there, they again tried to get the club on side I think and again ran into problems with stewards which lead to ejections.

And now weasel doing this, ejected for the most pathetic reason.

The club monitors this board frequently, if they are aware of a protest being talked about then they will be ready for it and they will kick people out.

Barclay isn't a fans man, but he is very highly thought of within the club and half a dozen people protesting against him isn't going to change that.

Archived