Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Bristol Post Match 4-0 victory

We might not be far off come the end of the season without spending any more money.

That's what you said before we signed Wood. Trust me Mark :thumbup: Trotter in may well seal the deal.

I'm not being flippant. King is ok, James is on great form but whether he can continue it till the end of the season, is a big ask. One more and I'm well optimistic.

Absolutely!

There's lotsa games left. Now we have Wood, lets get another central midfielder to bolster the squad and we might not be far off come the finish.

:thumbup:

Imo we can do this with what we have. Half of the battle is a mental one, clearly at the minute that is there with this squad of players and will see off the majority of teams in this league. A +25 goal difference is enough to put fear into any team.

Yes it would be nice to bolster the squad, but we have plenty with what we have already.

Derek McInnes sacked by Bristol City

Comments (1)

Bristol City have sacked manager Derek McInnes following Saturday's 4-0 defeat by Leicester, which left them bottom of the Championship.

The Scot, 41, had won one of his last five games and endured a club record-equalling seven-game losing run earlier in the season.

Imo we can do this with what we have. Half of the battle is a mental one, clearly at the minute that is there with this squad of players and will see off the majority of teams in this league. A +25 goal difference is enough to put fear into any team.

Yes it would be nice to bolster the squad, but we have plenty with what we have already.

No no no!!!

How many more times...?? lol

Mental strength AND quality.... Wood exemplifies this.

Lets get Trotter....

:trumpet:

Hope we can hold on to Keane, very good today, particularly first half when he made Stead look like an old man...... :whistle:

We really need to use the confidence gained today to put us in this frame of mind for every game, home or away. Might get turned over on occasion but will pick up a fair few wins as well...... :thumbup:

Absolutely no complaints, it was a local game for me because of living in Plymouth, wish I'd gone now on reflection but didn't for various reasons. Shame for Bristol as I have a soft spot for them but at least we made our own and B.Rovers day I guess! :) As every conceivable outcome up above went for us, barring Cardiff's point, then on this evidence it appears to be onwards and upwards under the Messiah......we hope!

No no no!!!

How many more times...?? lol

Mental strength AND quality.... Wood exemplifies this.

Lets get Trotter....

:trumpet:

We dont need him for our run in of games. It would be nice to have him, but we don't need him. I suppose it's the cherry on the cake, do you really need it? lol

Teams will back off us and fear us because we are a danger everywhere on the pitch in terms of goal threat.

Mentally we have a big advantage over many teams in this league. We just need to stay positive and continue to impose ourselves on the opposition.

We're nailed on for top six imo and think we can take the top two places if we remain positive in our games. Playing catch up on Cardiff suits us imo, they have reason to be worried.

We dont need him for our run in of games. It would be nice to have him, but we don't need him. I suppose it's the cherry on the cake, do you really need it? lol

Teams will back off us and fear us because we are a danger everywhere on the pitch in terms of goal threat.

Mentally we have a big advantage over many teams in this league. We just need to stay positive and continue to impose ourselves on the opposition.

We're nailed on for top six imo and think we can take the top two places if we remain positive in our games. Playing catch up on Cardiff suits us imo, they have reason to be worried.

Why would the team 10 points clear 'have reason to be worried'?

They can afford now to lose a few games and still win the league surely?

I'd rather be 10 in front than 10 behind!

lol

However, for the first time I'm starting to believe we look like a side who could get second.

Why would the team 10 points clear 'have reason to be worried'?

They can afford now to lose a few games and still win the league surely?

I'd rather be 10 in front than 10 behind!

lol

However, for the first time I'm starting to believe we look like a side who could get second.

I think it's because if we were in Cardiff's position we would most probably balls it up lol and on current form we look like we're making every team in the league fear us.

We went on a run like this at the start of the season and then fell into inconsistency up until a few weeks ago. The nucleus of our team is full of young players who are prone to go off form.

At the moment we mentally have an advantage because we've just won 3 on the trot, when we lose a couple we'll need a pick me up again. We've not been in the top 2 for a while so it's not like we're in the driving seat just yet.

I'm not convinced we don't need another midfielder.

:yawn:

I repeat, if you're going to leave Bert's post up it seems highly unfair that I'm not allowed to respond to it. Is it a mod's get special treatment thing or what? I'd love someone to guide me through it.

Apologies, didn't realise it had been moved.

Archived