Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Time for Dyer to go?

I think we're all forgetting if he could control and kick a football he'd be way too good to play for us. When you're in the Championship and you're not Man Utd, Barca, Real etc, none of your players are going to be "complete players". They've all got weaknesses. Final product is obviously Lloyd's main weakness. But he's so quick I doubt anyone in this league would see his name on a teamsheet and not be worried.

glad its not just me.

As scouse says he was shit hot recently. Didn't see the game today, but even if he was poor in it one bad game doesn't make a bad player. I like Dyer - I think if we go up it'll be a step too far for him, but he's competent enough at this level, and his attitude on the pitch is very good - no reason to get rid as yet. Unless we go up, then I think he's got to move on, he won't hack it in the prem.

i remember him terrorising man city a few years back in the cup.

i remember him terrorising man city a few years back in the cup.

Haha yes. Surely one of the few players in City history to boast goals against the current Champions of England and the current Champions of Spain :D

Don't be soft, he's had some of his best games at city this year. He's just on a blip of form, it happens to even the better players.

Don't think any of us think he's our best player, we all know his limitations, but he's a good impact player at this level and he'll be an important part of our promotion push.

Pace terrifies defences at this level and you can forgive a slight lack of end product because he creates so much space for everyone else with his running.

Spot on - it's not all about assists and goals...

As much as I respect his loyalty and hard-work, we all have to agree that his recent performances have not been good enough. I know that Dyer wants to play games and not sit on the bench, which I also respect, but the way he has been playing as of late, I can't see him being at the club any much longer.

OMG We've just won 4-0 and you still have to complain about something! Go and get laid son!

Even today Dyer got into so many dangerous positions and had so many chances to score or make goals.

Sometimes our fans amaze me. Waghorn posed no such danger when he came on but got higher marks from many - but for doing what? Posing virtually no danger whatsoever, ballooning a close-range a free-kick so high over the bar it was embarrassing and otherwise just showing the same willingness to defend that Dyer did.

You only have to watch Wood to see how much Waghorn lacks as a genuine striker. Yes, all action Waghorn huffs and puffs but it is much more thoughtful Wood who's far more likely to blow the opposition house down.

At least Dyer does pose problems and he has made some outstanding contributions to our progress this season. Waghorn (and Marshall) much more rarely so. Why anyone would lose Dyer but keep the likes of Waghorn, Marshall or Gallagher I can't imagine.

Ffs. He's not a world beater. But if he was he wouldn't be playing for us.

Knocky took a knock today and marshall is out of form. As maybe is dyer. But we need the option of rotating players and different styles. Can we stop kicking our own players a the time.

Don't be soft, he's had some of his best games at city this year. He's just on a blip of form, it happens to even the better players.

Don't think any of us think he's our best player, we all know his limitations, but he's a good impact player at this level and he'll be an important part of our promotion push.

Pace terrifies defences at this level and you can forgive a slight lack of end product because he creates so much space for everyone else with his running.

This.

He makes a mockery of so many rightbacks.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Only Leicester fans can call for the end of a player after winning 0-4 away from home

Ridiculous.

Totally agree I was at the game today and people just spent the whole time slating Dyer, ok we get it he had a bad game but for god sake just enjoy a 4-0 away win!

Are we being a bit mad? As most people have already said, Lloyd is loyal and by all accounts a top bloke, so is unlikely to moan even if he doesn't get a game. As a squad player he is valuable this season. He tore Ipswich a new one and has been instrumental in other games, so while he might not trouble Premiership defences if we go up (for that you need a bit more than just sheer pace), he will be an important part of getting us there, surely?

He is inconsistent but so are most championship players. It's a sad fact. That's why they play at this level and no higher. On his day, against suitable opposition, he is brilliant. On others he is useless. But NP didn't start him today so it might just be that Nigel recognises this fact?

we all know his limitations but we also now how dangerous he can be at times. was more than competent against man city, and has been fantastic for a spell this season. He's not getting any better and ideally we would have him as cover for a more consistent and effective player, but to get rid would be counter productive.

Archived