Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Time for Dyer to go?

I Like Dyer, with Knockaert and Marshall both much younger and to be honest, much more naturally talented than him. he's done well to even be in contention. I didn't think he'd get a look in once Knockaert established himself on the left, fair play Lloyd, he's got obvious holes in his game but deserves his place in the team at the moment.

I wish people wouldn't say things like 'of course he's not going to be a world beater' or 'if he was any good at anything except running he'd be in the premiership'. Firstly the second one is not necessarily true, and also there is a middle ground between 'world beater' and 'no technical skill or brain power whatsoever'.

Dyer is lightyears away from being a top player, lets be honest. It's not one weakness, it's numerous weaknesses and one strength. I'm not expecting players to be perfect but surely you can see why he gets a lot of criticism.

I get it, he's a squad player, he's likeable, he can change a game on his day, you might even say he's 'unplayable' on his day, but these phrases some people are using are just stupid and completely missing the point.

Schlupp is absolute lightning and I would prefer to start bedding in a youngster like him off the bench than Dyer who at 30 is going to start declining physically and when his pace goes he's done as a player. Not a chance he can remodel himself into a different style as he just doesn't have the technical capability. BUT he is a player who wears his heart on his sleeve, has given his all for the club and should at least be given to the end of the season with us BUT then we should really be looking for an upgrade.

Can't wait til Wood doesn't score in a game.

'Is it time to look at other strikers?!'.....

He's had a lull in form, yes, but what players don't? He's a solid professional who is deadly when he's on form and an asset match by match. He's allowed to have an off day. Nobody questions him when he's in a good run of form.

But it is mainly.

I think the point being made is that his presence on the left or right scares defenders, they know that with his pace they can't afford to give him space so get tighter to him and leave more space in the middle.

He also gives the side more balance, as talented as knocky is he lacks discipline and often goes awol looking for the ball, not a bad thing, but when up against it in a tough match you need that discipline to give you a easy outlet on the flanks and keep your shape when you lose the ball.

Dyer has been an excellent servant to the club and deserves his place in the squad/team, that said if np goes out and buys someone much better than him I won't be complaining.

i remember him terrorising man city a few years back in the cup.

Glad it's not just me who saw that. Every time we've played a premier league team and even Real Madrid, Lloyd has been one of the better players. Let's wait and see, firstly, if we get there, and secondly, if he can perform consistently at that level before we write him off as not good enough

Don't be soft, he's had some of his best games at city this year. He's just on a blip of form, it happens to even the better players.

Don't think any of us think he's our best player, we all know his limitations, but he's a good impact player at this level and he'll be an important part of our promotion push.

Pace terrifies defences at this level and you can forgive a slight lack of end product because he creates so much space for everyone else with his running.

he's just on a blip of form?????????? His blip of form was around 6 weeks ago when he had a few decent games. He has never had & never will have any end product. He cannot find a team mate for a goal scoring chance.

I must admit I thought keep him for a little while so he could come on for the last 25 mins of games when needed, but the way he seemed to come on with his arse in his hands against Huddersfield a couple of weeks back stunk.

Can't wait til Wood doesn't score in a game.

'Is it time to look at other strikers?!'.....

He's had a lull in form, yes, but what players don't? He's a solid professional who is deadly when he's on form and an asset match by match. He's allowed to have an off day. Nobody questions him when he's in a good run of form.

What kind of response is that?? It doesen't seem very easy for people to see between good players & very mediocre ones! If your trail of thought about the people who think dyer is poor is correct then I must have missed the thread about nugent needing to be dropped because he hasn't scored for a while!!! Wood has & is having a long spell of being in form in this league, SOMETHING DYER HAS NEVER HAD, because he is no good at FOOTBALL!! He can run & that's it.

He's loyal, patient and effective, he's probably on one of the lowest wages in the squad too. Model professional and perfectly adequate squad player. I think we may have beaten Hull if he played. I for one look forward to him making his richly deserved Premier League debut in our colours, even though we all.know it'll be a rare appearance if we go up.

Lloyd is very unpredictable,if we dont know what he is going to next,what's the opposition thinking.....a asset in my eyes

Diarrhoea is also very unpredictable with you and others unsure as to what'll happen next. However like Lloydy, you can guarantee it'll happen very quickly and the outcome will be shit.

Opposition managers get two men to mark lloyd, reason being he is our quickest player.

Which then creates space for another player to get a chance.

Think Lloyd is a brilliant squad player and wants to pay for us.

Dyer over beckford any day of the week.

Edit-Play, not pay lol

Archived