Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Time for Dyer to go?

As much as I respect his loyalty and hard-work, we all have to agree that his recent performances have not been good enough. I know that Dyer wants to play games and not sit on the bench, which I also respect, but the way he has been playing as of late, I can't see him being at the club any much longer.

Don't be soft, he's had some of his best games at city this year. He's just on a blip of form, it happens to even the better players.

Don't think any of us think he's our best player, we all know his limitations, but he's a good impact player at this level and he'll be an important part of our promotion push.

Pace terrifies defences at this level and you can forgive a slight lack of end product because he creates so much space for everyone else with his running.

As scouse says he was shit hot recently. Didn't see the game today, but even if he was poor in it one bad game doesn't make a bad player. I like Dyer - I think if we go up it'll be a step too far for him, but he's competent enough at this level, and his attitude on the pitch is very good - no reason to get rid as yet. Unless we go up, then I think he's got to move on, he won't hack it in the prem.

He is hit and miss, but on his day he is lethal. Just a shame his day doesn't come around as often as it used to.

Interesting that a lot of other fans from other teams rate him, think it's cos he always plays well when we're on telly!

I'd like to see Schlupp tried on the left wing.

His biggest problem is that he's so one footed. He's also very hit and miss, he'll be unplayable for 2/3 games but average for 10.

He's still a big part of the squad for me and can offer us something that no-one else can.

Very much a Pearson player.

A few bad games for a player and people want them out, King has had the same said about him. Gets a little tiring to be honest, IMO you can only say a player is no longer able to contribute if they've had a sustained period of time where they've looked below the required standard - Howard would be an example of this, for almost all of last season he wasn't good enough so he had to go. Dyer however, has been brilliant in several matches this season demonstrating that he definitely is able to contribute still.

He is hit and miss, but on his day he is lethal. Just a shame his day doesn't come around as often as it used to.

Interesting that a lot of other fans from other teams rate him, think it's cos he always plays well when we're on telly!

I'd like to see Schlupp tried on the left wing.

Me too. As I said on another thread, he's got more quality and is similarly quick.

Dyer's useful on his day and he's likeable, but I can't help thinking we should be phasing him out. I'd hate to see someone like Schlupp cast off when we still play a 30 year old with very poor technical skill and who performs poorly at least half the time.

I'm not saying I'd ship him off, but we should try something different now and again, because frustrating is one thing but screwing up the basics and costing us points is another, and that can happen with Dyer.

Guest BlueBrett

Why does nobody appreciate Lloyd? Easily good enough for the squad and offers us something completely different from our other more skilful, slower wide players.

He's still good enough for the bench imo.

We all know he has his weaknesses but his speed is always going to make him an asset.

Show the guy some respect, because he's always maintained his positive attitude and commitment through his good spells and his bad ones.

I think we're all forgetting if he could control and kick a football he'd be way too good to play for us. When you're in the Championship and you're not Man Utd, Barca, Real etc, none of your players are going to be "complete players". They've all got weaknesses. Final product is obviously Lloyd's main weakness. But he's so quick I doubt anyone in this league would see his name on a teamsheet and not be worried.

Archived