Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Time for Dyer to go?

I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of him. He's one of the only players in recent years that's shown any commitment to the club and has fought for his way back into the side. On his day he's a decent player and a good one to have in the squad. For me, he'll be best used as an impact substitute because of his raw pace to skip past tired legs.

Why would we get rid of Dyer he is a squad player and very good one at this level most teams in the championship would want Dyer agree that his final ball and decision making isn't their at times but in this division he is a good player for us should we make the prem then yeah he won't make it.

What kind of response is that?? It doesen't seem very easy for people to see between good players & very mediocre ones! If your trail of thought about the people who think dyer is poor is correct then I must have missed the thread about nugent needing to be dropped because he hasn't scored for a while!!! Wood has & is having a long spell of being in form in this league, SOMETHING DYER HAS NEVER HAD, because he is no good at FOOTBALL!! He can run & that's it.

I'm not really sure how one would respond to this.

What kind of response is that?? It doesen't seem very easy for people to see between good players & very mediocre ones! If your trail of thought about the people who think dyer is poor is correct then I must have missed the thread about nugent needing to be dropped because he hasn't scored for a while!!! Wood has & is having a long spell of being in form in this league, SOMETHING DYER HAS NEVER HAD, because he is no good at FOOTBALL!! He can run & that's it.

What are you supposed to read first :blink:

Dyer was absolutely awful yesterday but you can't just get rid of a player just because he has a bad game, he was playing on the right wing for a start when he is much more confortable and effective on the left. He's had more than enough good performances this season

time to get rid of Dyer?.....let me see......er

NO.

wouldnt get rid of him at all, hes a asset to the team and the club as a whole imo; quietly goes about his job without kicking up a fuss.

I'm certainly grateful for all his done for the club so far. be a sad day when he does go, legend :)

I've always had alot of time for Lloyd Dyer and he always appears to give 100% even though there are occassions when he looks like his breathing through his a**e.

At Bristol yesterday Lloyd was particuarly poor, he could neither find a pass or a cross for love nor money and at times just seemed bewildered by the pace (particuarly first half) that we were playing the game at. I can understand a thread of this nature picking up a head of steam and generating debate on both sides of the arguement.

I think the best way to summarise LD is to say that the team has probably moved on and left him a little bit behind - anybody coming on to fill the role of AK was going to find it difficult and he was found to be a little bit short IMO. The pace and movement of our game first 40 minutes yesterday was far too much for a poor Bristol side and Lloyd for me also fell into the catergory of watching the game pass him by.

Lloyd would get a regular start in a bottom half Championship side make no mistake and so to suggest we should be talking about letting him go is nonsense. Championship defenders will always feel intimidated by his pace and if he draws two across to cover him that leaves more space for the acitve Wood and Nugent partnership to work in.

LCFC are currently enjoying a purple patch with a squad of "good" players all working under the Pearson ethos of working hard and for each other. Lloyd Dyer falls into that catergory for me and as such should remain with us until such time as we see signs of his effort or energy levels dropping.

Not commented on here for a while because criticism levels get embarrassing even when we're doing ok. People slagging NP 12 months ago when i backed him all the way and now people licking his arse....

Anyway enough on that one, as this is a Dyer debate, i come on here and find this thread. We're in a great position, loving a 4-0 win and yet we still have at least one thread criticising a player who gives his all for the club and has been a huge player over a number of seasons.

We all know he can be hit and miss as well as extremely frustrating but this is ridiculous, we need sqaud players as well as first team regulars. I think sometimes people think we're good enough and big enough to have someone like Jimmy Kebe on the bench!!

Leave off the guy for god sakes. He is a good player and people seem to forget everything hes done for this club over the past 4-5 years. He may not score regulary but he seems to get important goals(his goal at the riverside this season is looking more and more brilliant as the days pass).

Everyone has the same rubbish 'he has pace but nothing else'. Id disagree with that, I think hes a good player with decent technique but I agree far to often is a bit rash with the final ball. Inconsistent but hes no more inconsistent than King, Schlupp, Waggy, Marshall, Whitbread, Vardy amongst more!

Other than Morgan, Nugent and IMO De Latt, no other player can get away from critism to some extent(OK Wood and Keane so far but its early days).

Leave off the guy for god sakes. He is a good player and people seem to forget everything hes done for this club over the past 4-5 years. He may not score regulary but he seems to get important goals(his goal at the riverside this season is looking more and more brilliant as the days pass).

Everyone has the same rubbish 'he has pace but nothing else'. Id disagree with that, I think hes a good player with decent technique but I agree far to often is a bit rash with the final ball. Inconsistent but hes no more inconsistent than King, Schlupp, Waggy, Marshall, Whitbread, Vardy amongst more!

Other than Morgan, Nugent and IMO De Latt, no other player can get away from critism to some extent(OK Wood and Keane so far but its early days).

I agree

If we got rid of every player who had a bad patch when the post horn gallop was played next time around only Logan and Wood would run out.

Dyer should finish his contract out and then see where we are with him, how long as he been here now and how long does he have left?

I cant believe anyone is even asking this question.

He's been a big part of our season and OK the last couple of games has looked a level below where he was a couple of weeks back but no one plays at their absolute very best week in week out.

Marshalls been a bit off lately also but I dont see anyone asking if he should be moved on.

Dyer will play a bit part in the rest of our season. Get behind our most committed and loyal servant in recent times.

Why does nobody appreciate Lloyd? Easily good enough for the squad and offers us something completely different from our other more skilful, slower wide players.

I think the comments on here would suggest that most sane posters recognize both his qualities and his limitations....and on balance most seem to appreciate him

Archived