Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Middlesbrough Pre-Match Jibber Jabber

Fancied us for this more than I did against Bristol. This is the championship though so that doesn't mean much. Having said that think the confidence is so high right now that they won't be able to stop us. Hard fought but think we will win by 2 goals. 2-0 or 3-1.

I think both Cardiff and Hull have 3 straight away games which is good for us.

Cardiff's first home game after that is against the foxes.

Would be decent if we can close the gap on them, then beat them at their ground and overtake them......sorry I'm dreaming a bit there!

I reckon we'll win but it'll be tough. They'll want something from it, and a point is a good result for them. Fingers crossed they don't set up for a point otherwise we might struggle like we do at times.

That said, another Wood goal in the first 10 minutes and we'll get a hatful again. Easy.

Some goon on their forum seems to think we are there to be exploited at the back.... says the man whose team has let in 15 more goals than us. He says De Laet will struggle against pace, from which I can only presume he has never seen him play as he'd give Dyer a run for his money over 100m.

This Prowler lad has no clue about us, does he?

http://www.oneboro.c...tid=4624&page=7

Even when one of his fellow Boro mates starts mentioning our defensive record so far, he goes on to ignore it, declaring our back four a "weakness".

St. Ledger hasn't featured for a long time now due to injury and I didn't know we had a guy called "Whitehead" on our books. lol

Even when one of his fellow Boro mates starts mentioning our defensive record so far, he goes on to ignore it, declaring our back four a "weakness".

St. Ledger hasn't featured for a long time now due to injury and I didn't know we had a guy called "Whitehead" on our books. lol

His comment on De Laet is priceless.

I disagree with the comments about us struggling against teams that knock it about. In my opinion we've struggled against some of the more direct teams, especially those that have looked to get in behind. We're very good at keeping our shape and pressing teams that keep the ball, had Ipswich and Huddersfield been more direct we would t have beaten them in the way we did

They don't seem to have a clue about us. They think we're a 'direct rigid team' who will struggle if they set the tempo and keep the ball on the floor lol

They think De Laet is prone to howlers, usually against pace..

They're in for a bit of a shock, especially if Woodgate, Bikey, Hoyte and Carayol all aren't fit. Some suggestion Mceachran isn't going to be fit either.

I think Mceachran will play, although he has been struggling with an ankle injury for some time. Game will be a week too early for Carayol. Expect Woodgate and Bikey to be fit, although no news on Hoyte. Parnaby to play if not.

If football has taught me one thing, it's never expect Johnathan Woodgate to be fit.

I think Mceachran will play, although he has been struggling with an ankle injury for some time. Game will be a week too early for Carayol. Expect Woodgate and Bikey to be fit, although no news on Hoyte. Parnaby to play if not.

Has Carayol been any good since he joined?

Scott Mcdonald is our biggest goal threat, been fantastic since he came back into the side. Ledesma is creative but can be hit and miss. George Friend has arguably been our best player this season, gives us a great attacking outlet.

A point would be a great result for us, we never do well at Leicester

With regards to Carayol he has been injured since September so not seen enough of him to be honest. Although in the glimpses we have seen, he has given us another option, incredible pace.

Edit- Thought this would quote the above questions, sorry.

Personally I don't think Middlesborough are all that, honestly not being disrespectful, just my opinion! I know points and position say they are a decent side, however I think we'll tear them a new one, going for a repeat of the Brizzle result I may end up with egg on my face but I will be putting my money where my mouth is as per! :chant:

Personally I don't think Middlesborough are all that, honestly not being disrespectful, just my opinion! I know points and position say they are a decent side, however I think we'll tear them a new one, going for a repeat of the Brizzle result I may end up with egg on my face but I will be putting my money where my mouth is as per! :chant:

Good for you buddy.

I agree, I think they are an average side and that this is just a funny division.

3-1 Leicester.

Archived