Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Middlesbrough Pre-Match Jibber Jabber

Think Nugent will bag in this one, think they will double up on Wood and leave Nugent exploited, we can hope

I honestly don't think teams could do this with us, at Millwall teams could however we have to much quality in the attacking third to 'double up' on someone.

This is going to be a really tough game - I can't believe some of the over-confidence in this thread.

A draw wouldn't be a poor result.

This is going to be a really tough game - I can't believe some of the over-confidence in this thread.

A draw wouldn't be a poor result.

Errr....... yes it would...... :rolleyes:

We have to start winning some 'really tough games' if we want to be in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Knocking a hatful of goals against piss poor teams like Huddersfield and Bristol is not going to do it and we have a lot of 'really tough games' coming up, a fair few away from home too.

When the going gets tough...... :dunno:

A draw would be an awful result. Teams who get automatic promotion win these games!

Fvck me. Seriously? Drawing with the side 5th in the table would be awful?

Two weeks ago I would have bitten your hand off for a goal - now we've beaten two teams in awful form and a draw's "awful"?

Two weeks ago I would have bitten your hand off for a goal - now we've beaten two teams in awful form and a draw's "awful"?

It's the fact we're at home, I think we should be taking 3pts from every home game, anything less is dissapointing, take Cardiff for instance

If we want automatic promotion we have to win games like Friday. Simple

If we want automatic promotion we have to win games like Friday. Simple

If we want automatic promotion we have to get more points than at least 22 other teams. There's nothing else to it.

Winning on Friday would be a good start, but a draw would be far from the end of the world.

I've booked half a day off work to watch on some illegal streaming (now there is no Championship on US TV any more) so we better win. Should be a good game with two teams in form going for it. Hope the weather doesn't ruin it and we have an Ipswich on our hands...

This Prowler lad has no clue about us, does he?

http://www.oneboro.c...tid=4624&page=7

Even when one of his fellow Boro mates starts mentioning our defensive record so far, he goes on to ignore it, declaring our back four a "weakness".

St. Ledger hasn't featured for a long time now due to injury and I didn't know we had a guy called "Whitehead" on our books. lol

I was more concerned at the OP that thinks we're "direct, rigid & struggle when opposition sides get the ball down".

Has he mixed us up with Cardiff or Palace?

It wouldn't be awful but if we want top two we really have got to not be content with even draws at home to pretty much anyone in the league. It's a good job that in the vast majority of games, we haven't had to be.

This reminds me of our game up there, they're off form away (we were) and we're flying (like they were beforehand). They haven't beaten us in more than 10 attempts either for what it's worth, we're their bogey side.

Just think it's so set up for a loss, it's like Hull last week, we're the leagues form side, 10 goals in our last 2 and the Sky cameras arrive, it would be us all over to bottle this.

It's very winnable and as someone rightly said, we bag an early goal we really should push on for a comfortable win.

Just have a bad feeling though. Unlike previous years, we seem to be bottling the big home games this year.

Errr....... yes it would...... :rolleyes:

We have to start winning some 'really tough games' if we want to be in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Knocking a hatful of goals against piss poor teams like Huddersfield and Bristol is not going to do it and we have a lot of 'really tough games' coming up, a fair few away from home too.

When the going gets tough...... :dunno:

With you there dave.

It will be a tough game but Boro aren't an amazing side. We're above them, at home and in good form, we should be looking to win this if we want to chase down that second spot. Hull have opened the door a bit and we need to keep the pressure on. A draw would be a bit disappointing.

I think we'll nick it 2-1 if we have a decent ref :ph34r:

Only my opinion but if they try to take us on in a game of passing football, they're going to lose so it wouldn't surprise me if they employed the same tactics as last year. Stop us playing by any means necessary (ouch) and try to nick a goal or two. A draw wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

Archived