Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Someone has to stick up for all the boring fackers they are all asleep in bed by now

Well...I decided not to make the trip and I think it was the right thing to do, although it was disappointing not to be there. From what I heard on here and in the media, Leicester sounded pretty messed up earlier on. I also know for a fact that the area I live in had been pretty messed up all day.

What some of you young whipper-snapper need to realise is that your loyalty is not tested when you are young, without commitments and with plenty of disposable income. It is tested come children, mortgages and possibly having to move away from Leicester.

I do a three hour round trip for every home game. That's a bit more of a commitment than getting the bus from the Saff.

Well...I decided not to make the trip and I think it was the right thing to do, although it was disappointing not to be there. From what I heard on here and in the media, Leicester sounded pretty messed up earlier on. I also know for a fact that the area I live in had been pretty messed up all day.

What some of you young whipper-snapper need to realise is that your loyalty is not tested when you are young, without commitments and with plenty of disposable income. It is tested come children, mortgages and possibly having to move away from Leicester.

I do a three hour round trip for every home game. That's a bit more of a commitment than getting the bus from the Saff.

Why you directing that at me? I'm sticking up for the people who didn't go and I travel 10 hours for every home game, I'm not a young whipper-snapper who gets the bus from the Saff

Who cares whether the fans couldn't get to the game, seriously. Yes, 8k is very disappointing, but there's a pretty good reason why people couldn't make it. At the end of the day, we won, Kasper made a great save, another clean sheet, carnage in L/K, and we're ****ing 2nd, lets just enjoy it :D

What some of you young whipper-snapper need to realise is that your loyalty is not tested when you are young, without commitments and with plenty of disposable income. It is tested come children, mortgages

lol im 54 next maybe I should grow up get some slippers and a pipe and only go out when its above 16 degrees oh and subscribe to Sky Sports

Who cares whether the fans couldn't get to the game, seriously. Yes, 8k is very disappointing, but there's a pretty good reason why people couldn't make it. At the end of the day, we won, Kasper made a great save, another clean sheet, carnage in L/K, and we're ****ing 2nd, lets just enjoy it :D

Agreed

Why you directing that at me? I'm sticking up for the people who didn't go and I travel 10 hours for every home game, I'm not a young whipper-snapper who gets the bus from the Saff

I'm not directing it at anybody particularly. I'm just making the point that loyal support changes as you get older and you have more responsibilities. The 'whipper-snapper' thing was supposed to be tongue in cheek, as was the bus from the Saff but my emoticons don't work.

I don't think that points scoring about who attended the game is particularly helpful however. People have their individual circumstances and would have to make a decision based on them. I'm sure anybody who planned to go and couldn't is hugely disappointed by it.

Peace!

I'm not directing it at anybody particularly. I'm just making the point that loyal support changes as you get older and you have more responsibilities. The 'whipper-snapper' thing was supposed to be tongue in cheek, as was the bus from the Saff but my emoticons don't work.

I don't think that points scoring about who attended the game is particularly helpful however. People have their individual circumstances and would have to make a decision based on them. I'm sure anybody who planned to go and couldn't is hugely disappointed by it.

Peace!

Fair enough mate, thought you were replying to me :scarf:

Were you pushed and if so, did the person look like this?

https://twitter.com/Aknockaert/status/292341710573432834/photo/1

There I was thinking it was just my own piss poor balance, but it happened pretty much on the spot where he's standing.

I think Mr Knockaert has some questions to answer

Years ago when games went ahead in bad weather most fans lived within walking distance. Now there are not so many living within the City Centre. Fans come from the surrounding County. Cars don't start and buses are taken off and the decision to play still rests with the club and officials as to whether the pitch is playable not whether the fans can get there. Fan's cannot be blamed if they cannot or choose not to go.

I do not have Sky and would have liked to have seen it but I chose not to go searching for a pub that was showing it partly because I did not know how bad it would become for walking back and did not want to risk falling over on ice. A few years younger and I may have risked it.

MIDDLESBROUGH manager Tony Mowbray defended the decision to stage last night's 1-0 defeat at Leicester City, but conceded his players had suffered a nightmare journey prior to the game.

David Nugent's second-half strike condemned Boro to their third league defeat in succession, with Marvin Emnes spurning a golden opportunity to claim a point when his stoppage-time penalty was saved by Kasper Schmeichel.

While the afternoon snow abated sufficiently for the pitch at the King Power Stadium to remain clear, Leicester city centre was completely gridlocked in the build-up to kick-off with cars unable to move for hours on end.

It took the Middlesbrough coach more than two hours to travel the two miles from the team hotel, and the kick-off had to be delayed to enable the visiting players to complete their warm-up.

In the end, fewer than 9,000 supporters attended the game, even though Leicester had sold more than 19,000 tickets, but Mowbray refused to criticise the home side's decision to stage the match.

“I knew we were always going to get here, it was just a question of what time we were going to make it to the ground,” said the Boro boss. “It took us two hours for a two-mile trip, but that's finished now and the football match is what was important.

“I thought it was a good game, wasn't it? It's not my decision (whether the match went ahead or not). People can talk about it, but it's down to Leicester City and the police, it's their decision.”

Apparently Konocart lives near the station and jogged to and from the ground. Does he live in Elizabeth House? Not very grand for a footballer. Or is he stopping at the Dawn Centre?

Two hours to do two miles? They could have walked it quicker.

All-in-all for me it wasn't worth it. The train fare isn't cheap, the weather in my area is just as poor and with the doubt surrounding the game I'd have been pissed off to arrive in Leicester and find the game off. I love football but it is a luxury when the weather is so bad and with no buses running it would've been difficult to get back to where I stay when I'm over.

Disaapointed I wasn't there given the result and quality of the game but you and I made the right choice.

Disaapointed I wasn't there given the result and quality of the game but you and I made the right choice.

I'd been watching cars struggling to get up a slight hill outside my house all day and when I walked over the shops earlier, the main road was crawling too.

I would've had a 5 mile drive to J-2 of the M-6 which might've taken longer than it usually takes to get to Leicester based on the evidence I had. Then I had a motorway trip and on the TV the motorways looked pretty slow too. I had no idea what I would meet when I got into Leicester but as it turned out, players ended up jogging a few miles to the ground due to gridlock! Afterwards, I would've had the same journey but with colder temperatures and probably less effort from the powers that be to keep the motorways clear.

Considering the above, it would've been pretty heroic to attend the game under those circumstances and I made the right decision not to put myself and my other half at risk.

But...I still feel a bit narked to have not been there!

MIDDLESBROUGH manager Tony Mowbray defended the decision to stage last night's 1-0 defeat at Leicester City, but conceded his players had suffered a nightmare journey prior to the game.

David Nugent's second-half strike condemned Boro to their third league defeat in succession, with Marvin Emnes spurning a golden opportunity to claim a point when his stoppage-time penalty was saved by Kasper Schmeichel.

While the afternoon snow abated sufficiently for the pitch at the King Power Stadium to remain clear, Leicester city centre was completely gridlocked in the build-up to kick-off with cars unable to move for hours on end.

It took the Middlesbrough coach more than two hours to travel the two miles from the team hotel, and the kick-off had to be delayed to enable the visiting players to complete their warm-up.

In the end, fewer than 9,000 supporters attended the game, even though Leicester had sold more than 19,000 tickets, but Mowbray refused to criticise the home side's decision to stage the match.

“I knew we were always going to get here, it was just a question of what time we were going to make it to the ground,†said the Boro boss. “It took us two hours for a two-mile trip, but that's finished now and the football match is what was important.

“I thought it was a good game, wasn't it? It's not my decision (whether the match went ahead or not). People can talk about it, but it's down to Leicester City and the police, it's their decision.â€

Thats 3 different figures I've heard, this being the lowest, and 25k being the highest

I walked, 11 mile round trip. Got back home at 11.45pm. Bit slippy in parts, but lovely and quiet along the canal and through the Rally Park. Great chips at the Brauny chippy. In the circumstances, it was a cracking game. They came to attack, we did the same, naturally. Nugent and Morgan superb Kaspar the hero. Great support and good banter with the Boro fans, and fair play to them for making it down here. I hope they go up via the play-offs.

I'm still in two minds about whether it should have gone ahead, but once I knew it was on, I wasn't missing it for anything. Up the City!

Archived