Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

Schlupp trial at Manchester United

I'd have to agree with letting him go if they want him.

Obviously I'd like for us to be able to compete with the likes of Man U and the only way to do that would be to keep the likes of Knockaertowi and Schluppowi - and any other talented bloody -owi that Nige unearths and brings in. But at the moment that is a pipe dream and we must be realistic. No doubt our most talented young players see us as a platform to build their careers. Not a bad thing, if it means we go up and stay there.

Even if we only get £2m (I bloody hope it's more than that) for Jeffowi then he'd have paid for our little Millwall/West Brom recruit already.

Why are people so shocked?

I have constantly banged on that Schlupp could be a left back for a top 4 club. Reminds me of a young Wayne Bridge. Pace, always stays on his feet, tough in the tackle, good link up play, good distribution, great crossing, can beat men. He has it all. I feel sick that Konchesky has been playing ahead of him and now hes on trial with Man Utd! Go on Jeff!?

Makes no sense at all. The most reasonable explanation I can think of is that NP has some serious dirt on SAF, hence all the loans, and he now bribing SAF into buying Schlupp to boost our finances. This is ridiculous, obviously, but it still sounds more plausible than a player who can barely get anywhere near our team being an attractive option for Man Utd. Maybe they see something in him our management team don't, but that would be very odd given how astute Pearson and his team are when it comes to finding quality players.

Why are people so shocked?

I have constantly banged on that Schlupp could be a left back for a top 4 club. Reminds me of a young Wayne Bridge. Pace, always stays on his feet, tough in the tackle, good link up play, good distribution, great crossing, can beat men. He has it all. I feel sick that Konchesky has been playing ahead of him and now hes on trial with Man Utd! Go on Jeff!?

lol Have you fvck

Think people are looking at this the wrong way.

Schlupp has been given the opportunity to show what he can do at a bigger club, and we should all appreciate that.

Currently, there is no sense to loan him out. I am sure that while he is spending time training at manchester united, he is learning far more than if he was here. Clubs which may have shown an interest in loaning him, may not have been willing to accept a 24 hour re-call clause, which is a given on any trial.

As much as it is great to see a lad do well at the same club where he was first developed, I think many of you are over-reacting. He is now 20 years old, still extremely young, but he is only 1-2 years younger than the likes of wood, james, drinkwater, de laet, keane, knocky, marshall and in reality he is far from the ability which these players have shown.

Don't get me wrong, he will be a class player one day, but he is currently not good enough for our first team, and for others on here to say...'clearly manchester united see something we don't. Surely it is more the case of, 'manchester united see what we also see and therefore giving him a trial to see what he can do'.

He is not getting in the team at the minute because we have better players, i'm all for blooding in the youth, but that needs to be done at a club who lack the immediate ambition which we do.

My bet is they'll develop him as a left-back, perhaps as an eventual replacement for Evra. Compare the two and they're remarkably similar.

Both have pace, good control, are strong in the tackle, have good engines and are keen and potentialy effective when getting forward.

Indeed for all his years in the game, Evra seems to get in the box as often as some of the forwards - and has been scoring or going close to scoring regularly.

Gary Neville was similar and what is there is nothing to stop Schlupp developing the same way?

Look at Konchesky by comparison. He's a keen tackler but not especially quick which means he gets exposed at times and he's a keen attacker but doesn't have anything like the recovery power to get deep into the box consistently.

Barring injury - or being shunted into the sidings - there's no reason at all why Schlupp shouldn't emerge and many acknowledged it when he did get his chance at left-back.

It's interesting too that there is mention of Fletcher. Schlupp has not appeared in central midfield very often but when he did he did he looked very comfortable, tidy and effective. It may be that he will evolve as an alternaitve in either position. Certainly Ferguson seems to like his players to have positional flexibility.

If he tries really hard he could be the Alan Sheehan Thracian!

It's one of the mysteries of the modern world that somewhere there isn't a top flight team boasting Emile Heskey at centre back with Sheehan at left back. Now with Schlupp apparently able to play centre mid thanks to a misreading of a newspaper article some lucky so and so could money ball the **** out of the situation and get all three in some sort of dream team!

This isn't that big of a story. It isn't uncommon for young players to go off on loan to a bigger club. I doubt Schlupp will sign, this is more likely to be bought upon by a chat between staff at both clubs. United were probably interested in seeing him as he's a decent prospect.

If Schlupp was a first team regular here and scoring United wouldn't have even had this opportunity.....This just shows Nige doesn't need him at the moment and it is the best option all around.

Honestly thought this was a wind up.

He's decent prospect who might make a average premier league player one day, to suggest he's anywhere near the level of Man U now on in the future seems a bit ridiculous to me.

What I will say, if this deal has anything to do with Keane joining us on a permanent, then i for one would be extremely happy.

Schlupp is only just younger than knocky, wood and james etc, and is yet to contribute as much as them to the team.

What I will say, if this deal has anything to do with Keane joining us on a permanent, then i for one would be extremely happy.

Schlupp is only just younger than knocky, wood and james etc, and is yet to contribute as much as them to the team.

I highly doubt it will have.

Think people are looking at this the wrong way.

Schlupp has been given the opportunity to show what he can do at a bigger club, and we should all appreciate that.

Currently, there is no sense to loan him out. I am sure that while he is spending time training at manchester united, he is learning far more than if he was here. Clubs which may have shown an interest in loaning him, may not have been willing to accept a 24 hour re-call clause, which is a given on any trial.

As much as it is great to see a lad do well at the same club where he was first developed, I think many of you are over-reacting. He is now 20 years old, still extremely young, but he is only 1-2 years younger than the likes of wood, james, drinkwater, de laet, keane, knocky, marshall and in reality he is far from the ability which these players have shown.

Don't get me wrong, he will be a class player one day, but he is currently not good enough for our first team, and for others on here to say...'clearly manchester united see something we don't. Surely it is more the case of, 'manchester united see what we also see and therefore giving him a trial to see what he can do'.

He is not getting in the team at the minute because we have better players, i'm all for blooding in the youth, but that needs to be done at a club who lack the immediate ambition which we do.

This is the most deluded thing I've heard on this thread. I've spoke to someone pretty close to the situation and its 90% certain that he's signing for them permanently. Someone good enough for Manchester United be it 1st team or Reserves is good enough for Leicester City. Konchesky has done **** all this season and Schlupp looked very good at LB only making 1 mistake against Leeds.

Archived