Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

Schlupp trial at Manchester United

If he comes back it'll be because he isn't good enough for them, I don't see how that will inspire him.

But the fact that Utd have decided to have a closer look at him would surely give him some sort of a confidence boost?

Would be gutted to lose him - looks such a prospect. Can see him being a top Prem left back in a few years, and it's not even his preferred position.

Agree with this, Jeff has the ability to become a decent Div 1 or Champ striker but I think L.back is his best position and he could

become a top class Prem player.

I'm absolutely stoked for the lad. Here's a youth player whom we've developed and who's made it into the first team and he gets a trial with bloody Manchester United.

Up until now, it's usually been us in the role of having to take others on trial to see if they're worth to be added to the squad.

No doubt this will give Schlupp a heavy boost in confidence. It'll increase his market value, his name will be put on the map.

Nevermind him being picked up by Manchester United or not, it's a win-win-win situation.

Good luck to you, Jeff. You deserve it.

Still think he should be starting

Konch looks like a mistake waiting to happen at times

I love Schlupp and hope he starts for us and stays with us for life but Konch is a wily old veteran with great skills. Every fullback gets skinned occasionally - you are always on a loser being a full back. You're exposed if you have no cover. But more often than not Konch makes the intelligent tackle, makes the necessary foul and he is incredible at getting forward and linking with whichever winger is in front of him as well as putting in pin point crosses.

He may not have the legs to play Prem football next year but he's a top level championship defender.

I love Schlupp and hope he starts for us and stays with us for life but Konch is a wily old veteran with great skills. Every fullback gets skinned occasionally - you are always on a loser being a full back. You're exposed if you have no cover. But more often than not Konch makes the intelligent tackle, makes the necessary foul and he is incredible at getting forward and linking with whichever winger is in front of him as well as putting in pin point crosses.

He may not have the legs to play Prem football next year but he's a top level championship defender.

He has been very good for us. Just starting to worry about him a little, seems to be making silly decisions which are catching him out. Just hope it doesn't end up costing us some vital points.

It's sure that he'll make an occasional error that will cost us goals. That's the same for every full back and every defender - even Wes! It's a team game. Someone needs to cover whether that's a defender , midefielder or attacker - that's about the system. Furthermore if he is the cause of a goal then it's up to the attackers to score an extra goal.

You have to admit that going forward he is far more intelligent than most full backs in our league and very precise with his passes. I hope that Jeff is watching and learning from him.

His cross for Wood's header which hit the post was fantastic

yeah. and that's not a one off. Schlupp has great speed but can still improve his crossing.

Agree with this. Back 4 has nice balance of 2 young bucks (RDL & keane) and 2 more wily campaigners. Moore & jeff are great back ups and show why we've probably got the best squad in the league

few points.

Konchesky is not old, he's 31.

I also fail to see what people have against him. He would walk into all the other Championship sides and half of the Premier League ones also.

He gets up and back, is an asset both in attack in defence and I can only assume that those who have a pop at him are just hunting for a new scapegoat now Wellens is way off the scene.

few points.

Konchesky is not old, he's 31.

I also fail to see what people have against him. He would walk into all the other Championship sides and half of the Premier League ones also.

He gets up and back, is an asset both in attack in defence and I can only assume that those who have a pop at him are just hunting for a new scapegoat now Wellens is way off the scene.

Well now that Gllagher isn't playing, nor Wellens then someone has to take over as the 'hate figure'.

Konch is a class act for me, and he and Morgan offer much needed experience which will be vital during the run in.

If he comes back it'll be because he isn't good enough for them, I don't see how that will inspire him.

To be brutally honest, he probably knows he isn't in with much of a shout anyway and probably isn't expecting to make it. But it is still flattering I'd imagine to get a trial and get to hangout with some of the big boys.

Archived