Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

Schlupp trial at Manchester United

Nice one Jeff if it comes off! Even if it doesn't I disagree with those who don't think he's good enough to one day play at the highest level, it's bit of a punt, granted but at sensible money it's worth it to develop him and see if it pays off. As an LB at city he's definitely got strong potential based on what I saw but don't see him getting ahead of Konch who after a dip in form earlier this season is right back on it IMO.

If you look at wikipedia United signed Richie De Laet from Stoke as a youngster even tho he had only played 3 games and couldn't get in Stoke's first team.

So SAF has a history of this kind of strange signing, maybe it's just a way of milking agents fees and taking a back hander for a transfer which is a bit of a sham.

If this has a chance of happening for him then im delighted. There comes no bigger compliment for a young lad trying to make it than for Man utd to come looking. Man Utd have one of the best youth set ups in the world and so for them to be looking at a young lad who we are developing is a compliment to him and to us.

If he went there i'd be chuffed for him, regardless of the fee.

They must've looked very closely at him, because I don't think you can truly judge his quality in the minutes he's played so far for us.

True, but even from the time I have seen him play you can tell the player has a natural ability compared to others players, not only that hes composed, fast and most importantly still young and at somewhere like United could be developed to play in any position.

He is miles apart from other younger players in terms of ability IMO.

If this is true it would be a good move for him as you can't turn down Untied at this age, I certainly wouldn't.

There's no conspiracy, there's no backhanders, there's nothing strange about this signing at all really - he's got potential to be good player so they're taking a punt on him, like they've done with players before (Ritchie de Laet springs to mind).

Why does there always have to be a hidden agenda behind everything that happens at this club? Some of you lot are worse than the 9/11 and moon landing conspiracy theorists.

Good luck to him! seems to have come from nowhere, but it is great for him. Hopefully, he will come back inspired.

If he comes back it'll be because he isn't good enough for them, I don't see how that will inspire him.

Can see him being a top prem left back for US next year hopefully.Its not just me Ive always seen the lad as a top player,speed ,skill ,composure,everything in his favour.

If a deal is done and it involves Keane staying and some sell on/buy back options then well done all.

Watch the space

How many players especially the young have been in the trawl net that Man United drag through all levels of football ? He is nothing but a maybe and on the evidence I have seen of him will be just another cast off within a a year at best. He's letting ambition get mixed up with ability.

This is crazy, I guess there comes a point when we have to offer something back to Man U and I guess him and moore are our most talented academy products. If it means we can keep getting first dibs on Utd players then i'm all for it.

Archived