Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

Schlupp trial at Manchester United

They've got Buttner as Evra's understudy and he's looks more than competent for a 23 year old.

Apparently Buttner wants out though as he hasn't played as much as he wanted to.

I'm just still very surprised Man Utd have opted for Schlupp and not someone else already at Premier League title-chasers standard.

One thing several professionals have said about Schlupp is that he is equally at home in any position on the pitch and has fantastic technical ability. I could see United developing him into a world class player.

But...why isn't he getting a game if this is the case?

One thing several professionals have said about Schlupp is that he is equally at home in any position on the pitch and has fantastic technical ability. I could see United developing him into a world class player.

Because their are better player/players in his position.

If its evident that hes a real raw talent and has the potential to become a really good premiership player, then all it proves is that our player development side of things is garbage. Man Utd obviously think he has something which we arent good enough to extract from him here at Leicester.

I've seen us linked with him but he doesn't even get into the Leicester team????

There's lots of potential there although Pearson has preferred him as a back up left back this season. Very fast and very skillful with an eye for the net if given the chance.

If its evident that hes a real raw talent and has the potential to become a really good premiership player, then all it proves is that our player development side of things is garbage. Man Utd obviously think he has something which we arent good enough to extract from him here at Leicester.

Our player development must be garbage because the biggest club in England know that they can do a better job of developing a young player... you sure about that? :blink:

Well not really. If we'd not developed him then Man Utd wouldn't be looking at him?

Backwards thinking...

If anything, it proves our player development is working if the biggest club in the country want to sign him after we've raised him through OUR ranks.

And, if it's so garbage, how do you explain Andy King and Liam Moore for starters?

Well not really. If we'd not developed him then Man Utd wouldn't be looking at him?

My point is, if he does have potential then why are we not keeping him here and developing him further? Yes I agree we cant take him as far as he wants to go if he does turn out to be a high quality player. But all we will get right now is a lower fee for him because he isnt playing at all. He isnt on alot of money surely. Its got to be a better option to keep him, see him improve (which by all accounts, he will do or else Man U wouldnt be looking at him) give him game time when the time comes and he either goes on to become a better player for us, or we can sell him for a higher fee if thats the route he takes if big clubs come looking later on.

Looked to me to have a future at left back, very assured, could pass, tackle, control the ball, come forward. Obviously needed work positionally but that will come, has the physique for that position. I'm glad we're not standing in his way, it's a huge opportunity for him, and a good fee and a good relationship with United would be very beneficial to us. Good luck Jeff!

My point is, if he does have potential then why are we not keeping him here and developing him further? Yes I agree we cant take him as far as he wants to go if he does turn out to be a high quality player.

So you're suggesting we stop him from joining Manchester ****ing United, how do you think he'll feel about that?

But all we will get right now is a lower fee for him because he isnt playing at all.

No point shoehorning him in when he isn't currently our best left back or striker.

This can only be a good thing.

He's not in our team, so losing him for a few days' trial is no big deal. If he gets picked up there - great - we'll take a couple of million. If not, he might have learned a thing or two whilst he's away.

Also, this should be a massive boost for young players coming through. The likes of Moore and Knockaert should be looking at this and thinking that if they can make a name for themselves here they could be set for life.

Archived