Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

It's about to begin again......

Fans are gonna criticize NP if we get rid of schlupp, and once again question his decisions.

People will begin by comparing the sales of gradel and mattock, and in reality....

- Pearson said he never wanted to get rid of either, but gradel wanted out and mattock told NP he wanted to go.

- Both of their careers have gone backwards.

We all like to see a youth product make strides in the first team, but schlupp is clearly over-rated on these boards. He may have the potential to be a top player, but we haven't seen anything yet to suggest that he will become a top player.

He is the same age as wood and keane, and a year younger than james and knocky. But has he shown himself to have a similar ability to these players...simply put...no.

Marshall and knocky are both better wingers than him, other championship youngsters like zaha and buckley are also better than him, we do overrate him massively.

I trust Pearson with any decision he makes, I don't think any other manager in this league could have transferred us to what we are now in just 12 months.

Gradels career has gone backwards?

He's gone on to become a full international and plays for a side in the top tier of French football and had apprent interest from the premier league

Ryan mcgivern is a full international and is contracted to the premier league champions.

He was actually linked with arsenal and is now in france, so yes it is a step backwards. Just like when mattock was linked with liverpool and is now struggling with shefflied wednesday.

Gradel also said he wants a return to leeds because of a lack of playing time, so yet that is backwards.

Haven't had time to read the Schlupp thread so not quite sure the exact ins and outs....

Now, I trust Pearson, overall. I think we'll continue to go forward under him. But I don't agree with everything he does.

Personally, I do not understand why we haven't given Schlupp a bit more of a go as a winger. I can understand why he's not really broken through up froont. But at left back I thought he was replaced too quickly after a couple of errors and probably one poor match (when Konchesky had hardly looked great in the early part of the season).

But failing that I think he's got a future in midfield. He's got all the attributes, he's shown in short glimpses his quality on the wing, just watch the Blackpool game when he came on - he skinned two players fro pace and put in a much better cross than I've ever seen Dyer put in.

He's a young player and yes that means he's unproven but it also means he's got potential to improve. I'd be disappointed if we let him go, just as I was when Gradel left (for whatever reason). And how I'd love it if we had the Gradel that emerged when he was at Leeds.

Schlupp is obviously talented, I'd argue far more talented than Dyer, who is the wrong side of 30. Why he's not even got on the bench quite often this season I'm not sure.

Ryan mcgivern is a full international and is contracted to the premier league champions.

He was actually linked with arsenal and is now in france, so yes it is a step backwards. Just like when mattock was linked with liverpool and is now struggling with shefflied wednesday.

Gradel also said he wants a return to leeds because of a lack of playing time, so yet that is backwards.

Yes but whilst Gradel was terrorising championship defences in a manner we could only dream of with the wingers we had left, Mattock was doing what exactly? (breaking his leg at Sheffield United having failed at West Brom? I think).

Nobody was bothered when Mattock went, I don't know what you're on about there - and he's ended up doing fvck all since. Conversely some people were disappointed when Gradel left and were justified when he was one of the players of the season in the Championship in 2010/11.

They are opposite situations.

I will always back Pearson's decisions. If a player want's to leave, he will let them. The first time I watched our 'Champions' DVD, I got this impression. On that he said that three players told him they wanted to leave (which I have always imagined to be Stearman, Hume and Chambers) and he wasn't bothered. I like that attitude. It's funny just to see players who did leave us for whatever reason and they've gone backwards, where as we've seemed to move forward. Mattock is another good example of this.

I do personally rate Schlupp though. Hasn't featured for ages, but the lad has good competiton (as does Moore at the back). I hope he doesn't leave, but a loan move, especially at our level, wouldn't do him, and our club, any harm.

In anyone seriously starts criticising Pearson after what he has done to our squad in the last twelve months they can and jump off a bridge.

Gradel plays for a lower to mid table team in Ligue 1, the way some people talk you would think it was Messi he had released.

People would have to be mentally challenged to take umbrage at this decision.

Look at it objectively, Man Utd call a Championship club with a promising youngster with reference to a trial and potential transfer.

How can we, as a club, or Pearson, as a manager and co-worker, deny that opportunity.

I'm sure JS was interested in that offer, he'd be a dick not to have been. The same goes for Pearson, he'd appreciate what a great chance this is for a young lad and would be nothing short of a bastard to stand in the way.

It'd take only the most moronic of fans to criticise Pearson for this.

How is he over rated on here? Have u missed the main point?!?!? MAN U have decided they want a better look at him? There 1 of the biggest football clubs in the whole world u do know that don't you?!?!? He hasn't had the same chances as the likes of knocky, Marshall, drinky and so on has he? Or have I missed all those games he's played in? Pearson didn't sign him did he? Pull ur head out of Nigel's arse will you! We all make mistakes even the best of us

How is he over rated on here? Have u missed the main point?!?!? MAN U have decided they want a better look at him? There 1 of the biggest football clubs in the whole world u do know that don't you?!?!? He hasn't had the same chances as the likes of knocky, Marshall, drinky and so on has he? Or have I missed all those games he's played in? Pearson didn't sign him did he? Pull ur head out of Nigel's arse will you! We all make mistakes even the best of us

I don't think anyone on here is over rating him.

He's a youth prospect that hasn't had a look in. The reason for this is that RIGHT NOW he isn't any better than our current crop, who are winning games convincingly.

I don't think it's about people having their 'heads in Pearson's arse'. I'd be loathe to let him go, but as I said about we couldn't exactly stand in his way.

Stop picking dispute where there is none to be picked. It's an offer that no party could refuse, really.

I don't think anyone on here is over rating him.

He's a youth prospect that hasn't had a look in. The reason for this is that RIGHT NOW he isn't any better than our current crop, who are winning games convincingly.

I don't think it's about people having their 'heads in Pearson's arse'. I'd be loathe to let him go, but as I said about we couldn't exactly stand in his way.

Stop picking dispute where there is none to be picked. It's an offer that no party could refuse, really.

The OP says he's overrated on this board?

I don't think that.

The OP says he stands by Nigel's decision when clearly as you and others have said there isn't much of a decision Nigel had to make he couldn't stand in his way/he will ask to leave.

The OP says he's not as good as the others? I'm saying he's not had any where near as much of oppurtunity as the others. Most of the others have been at Man U and been allowed to leave as they we're judged to NOT be good enough? I'm not saying he's gona go to Man u and set the world on fire but what I'm saying is mainly he just hasn't had the chance here!

Now iv explained what I was disputing for you and clearly there was some to picked with the original post.

The OP says he's overrated on this board?

I don't think that.

The OP says he stands by Nigel's decision when clearly as you and others have said there isn't much of a decision Nigel had to make he couldn't stand in his way/he will ask to leave.

The OP says he's not as good as the others? I'm saying he's not had any where near as much of oppurtunity as the others. Most of the others have been at Man U and been allowed to leave as they we're judged to NOT be good enough? I'm not saying he's gona go to Man u and set the world on fire but what I'm saying is mainly he just hasn't had the chance here!

Now iv explained what I was disputing for you and clearly there was some to picked with the original post.

My mistake, misconstrued your post.

Accept my apologies.

In anyone seriously starts criticising Pearson after what he has done to our squad in the last twelve months they can and jump off a bridge.

Gradel plays for a lower to mid table team in Ligue 1, the way some people talk you would think it was Messi he had released.

He wasn't released anyway, he requested a transfer to a league one side. People forget we were near the top of the league in the Champ at that time.

If Man Utd want him there is nothing that we can do to stop the move I would imagine.

People seem to forget that he was starting up front with Nugent last season after displacing Beckford from the team and was looking good until his knee injury at Forest. Since then he's not been given a crack up front.

Is it any coincidence that some of Lloyd Dyers best performances in a City shirt were with Schlupp at left back? Maybe this is because Schlupp doesnt just lump it long every time like Konchesky. Or maybe because he can support Dyer because he has the pace and confidence?

When Konchesky came back in for Schlupp at left back after 1 mistake at Leeds, people on here were not happy at all because Konch has done nothing this season at all. I have the feeling that Konchesky is only playing ahead of him because of his 'experience'.

Fair play to Schlupp, he will do well.

I'm sure the management want to keep him at the club - he's not in the first team at the minute because, on the whole, we're performing really well. He had plenty of chances last season and made little to no impact at all, I agree he looks good at LB, but Pearson obviously prefers the experience of Konchesky in our back line and he's justified in that because we have the best defence in this league. I do think we need that experience in the team as well - him, Nugent and Morgs are the only players with real experience in the side. Konch is certainly the only player in the side with the experience of playing week in, week out in the Premier League, playing in Europe... he's been a top level performer for a long time and that's invaluable to all the young lads in the team.

If a club like Man United want Schlupp, it won't be a case of us letting him go like Gradel, it'll be a case of him getting pen to paper and getting the first train to Manchester before the ink dries - and who could blame him? He's not going because he's not getting game time here, he's going because it's ****ing Man United! They're one of the biggest clubs in the world! Like others have said, Man United can take a gamble, send him out on loan to develop, play him in cup matches etc - we're going for promotion to the PL and we need our best team out at all times, we don't have the luxury of throwing him in for experience. I hope if he does go then he'll have a decent career there - if he proves to be a success then it'll be a big boost for our academy, it'll finally mean we're doing something right; I'd love to have an academy like Southampton's, or Crewe's - consistently producing top players.

People would have to be mentally challenged to take umbrage at this decision.

Look at it objectively, Man Utd call a Championship club with a promising youngster with reference to a trial and potential transfer.

How can we, as a club, or Pearson, as a manager and co-worker, deny that opportunity.

I'm sure JS was interested in that offer, he'd be a dick not to have been. The same goes for Pearson, he'd appreciate what a great chance this is for a young lad and would be nothing short of a bastard to stand in the way.

It'd take only the most moronic of fans to criticise Pearson for this.

This + we need to throw Fergie a bone every now and then to keep him sweet so he keeps letting us have their players.

He was actually linked with arsenal and is now in france, so yes it is a step backwards.

'LINKED WITH.' RUMOURS CAN BE FABRICATED BY ANYONE WITHOUT SUBSTANCE. Hypothetically I could say that Drinkwater is a target for Chelsea - would it be a backwards move for him if he transferred to Newcastle from us in this window? Course it ****ing wouldn't, even the densest of people could recognise that - but that's what your bizarre logic would suggest.

Gradel wasn't a regular starter for Arsenal who'd moved to St. Etienne - he was playing mid-table Championship football for crying out loud. It's not a move backwards.

The McGivern comparable is laughable and not really relevant considering the difference in quality between their respective national sides in Northern Ireland and the Ivory Coast, coupled with the fact McGivern never plays for City, where as Gradel does for St. Etienne.

I'm sure the management want to keep him at the club - he's not in the first team at the minute because, on the whole, we're performing really well. He had plenty of chances last season and made little to no impact at all, I agree he looks good at LB, but Pearson obviously prefers the experience of Konchesky in our back line and he's justified in that because we have the best defence in this league. I do think we need that experience in the team as well - him, Nugent and Morgs are the only players with real experience in the side. Konch is certainly the only player in the side with the experience of playing week in, week out in the Premier League, playing in Europe... he's been a top level performer for a long time and that's invaluable to all the young lads in the team.

If a club like Man United want Schlupp, it won't be a case of us letting him go like Gradel, it'll be a case of him getting pen to paper and getting the first train to Manchester before the ink dries - and who could blame him? He's not going because he's not getting game time here, he's going because it's ****ing Man United! They're one of the biggest clubs in the world! Like others have said, Man United can take a gamble, send him out on loan to develop, play him in cup matches etc - we're going for promotion to the PL and we need our best team out at all times, we don't have the luxury of throwing him in for experience. I hope if he does go then he'll have a decent career there - if he proves to be a success then it'll be a big boost for our academy, it'll finally mean we're doing something right; I'd love to have an academy like Southampton's, or Crewe's - consistently producing top players.

Rep

Archived