Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Come on use your brains and be objective. It was a blatant penalty and the replay only confirms it. Players feel the need to go down because if they hurdle the challenge after a player comes across and obstructs it most likely won't be given despite the fact it obstructs, slows down and impedes the attacking side leaving the defending team with an advantage they should not justifiably gain.

Dur.

Notwithstanding the clumsiness of Vardy's challenge I thought it was "dubious" too and that the attacker "searched" for the contact.

Like so many penalties given these days. Players have become very astute at making contact with defenders in the penalty area.

The guy is a total and utter fruit loop.

What was he doing, he gave away two free kicks, then the penalty, awful performance and he wasn't on very long.

Get rid not good enough for this league,

I think that's a bit unfair. He comes on relatively late in a tough game and obviously wants to put himself about and impress and makes a naive challenge. The boro geezer bought the penalty but if Vardy had got the ball clean he would have been a hero! He has had an indifferent start to his LCFC career but gives his all every game he plays! It might not be good enough long term, who knows but he's come here for a relatively massive sum and been expected to produce from the off!

No I really am not joking it was a blatant penalty, and I bet also if it was Leicester attacking and it wasn't given you would be complaining

I described exactly what happened. Your only retort is "it was a blatant penalty". I prefer to deal in facts whether it's for our side or against. Look at the slowmo and see what actually happened.

Do you not think its out of desperation to impress at the fear of being torn to bits for doing something wrong In a league and level he's never played in before?

Not saying that's an excuse as it was wreckless and you just don't go to ground like that at that time in the game, but now he knows and will learn , and will keep moving forward.

Move On. Silly mistake yes and in my view Pearson should bollock him regardless of the penalty save or not...but I expect the same treatment for every player.

People were saying Vardy isn't good enough for this league, waste of £1 million last week, but he gives away a penalty in the last minute of an important game, and people defend him just because Kasper saved it. I couldn't give a shit if Kasper saved it, Vardy shouldn't of tackled in that manner in the first place, he is a very very lucky boy tonight, but I for one is not happy with his performance, giving away two free kicks in stupid areas, then a penalty of all things is simply awful.

Send him out on loan, he offers nothing.

I think that's a bit unfair. He comes on relatively late in a tough game and obviously wants to put himself about and impress and makes a naive challenge. The boro geezer bought the penalty but if Vardy had got the ball clean he would have been a hero! He has had an indifferent start to his LCFC career but gives his all every game he plays! It might not be good enough long term, who knows but he's come here for a relatively massive sum and been expected to produce from the off!

I'd fully understand if you were talking about a CB or a CM, as a striker, WTF are you doing in our box making a challange like that. This is why "he chases back and covers" is not any arguement to protect poor strikers. I've done my best to give Jamie Vardy the benefit of the doubt but it's clear he needs to go on loan at best. He shouldn't even be in front of Waghorn and I've said that before.

P.S Any one saying that isn't a penalty should give up on football....now.

I described exactly what happened. Your only retort is "it was a blatant penalty". I prefer to deal in facts whether it's for our side or against. Look at the slowmo and see what actually happened.

So what are you saying it wasn't a penalty?

No I really am not joking it was a blatant penalty, and I bet also if it was Leicester attacking and it wasn't given you would be complaining

How is it blatant? The blokes shoved his foot under Vardy and fell over! Watch the replay! This stuff is killing the game! I think we have enough bad decisions from officials (like nuggents first goal) without thinking about how we would react if the boot was on the other foot! Anyway, justice done!

How is it blatant? The blokes shoved his foot under Vardy and fell over! Watch the replay! This stuff is killing the game! I think we have enough bad decisions from officials (like nuggents first goal) without thinking about how we would react if the boot was on the other foot! Anyway, justice done!

You've had too much to drink mate.

Is this a wind up? Even Nugent said he was offside when he saw the replay?

Archived