Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Don't get the just move on. I imagine a lot of people who think just move on would be going mad if it had cost us 2 points. I think the lad gets some unfair stick sometimes, so I understand why people stick up for him, but it was a stupid tackle to attempt and this time it's justified.

It was a stupid tackle and I'm sure he knows it was a stupid tackle. But why focus on it when we've just gone 2nd in the league.

If he didnt score against Barnsley, Boro and Burnley we wouldn't be 2nd.

Swings and roundabouts!

The guy is a total and utter fruit loop.

What was he doing, he gave away two free kicks, then the penalty, awful performance and he wasn't on very long.

Get rid not good enough for this league,

You are talking out your arse! He needs time not shit support. His time will come but not this year....

within 2 seconds of coming on he went flying in with a waist-high challenge & gave away a free kick. He's not had much of a look in just lately & he will be trying to break his way back into the team somehow & impress. He is inexperienced in this league & he is still learning. He was over-enthusiastic & it nearly cost us, but it didn't & he will learn from it.

I was furious when the penalty was given, Furious at Williams for cheating the ref

It was a stupid tackle and I'm sure he knows it was a stupid tackle. But why focus on it when we've just gone 2nd in the league.

If he didnt score against Barnsley, Boro and Burnley we wouldn't be 2nd.

Swings and roundabouts!

Why are we not allowed to make any critical comments when we win a game? That's a ridiculous attitude to have. Just because we won, it doesn't mean we were perfect. Or should we only comment if we're losing (which would be very fickle)?

It's like when we were top of the league last time, anyone who suggested we weren't perfect got blasted down. Then we start losing a few points and all the idiots go into panic mode and suddenly everything is wrong with our team.

It was a poor challenge but mistakes were being made all over the pitch, there was also an element of players going for impossible attempts on goal when there were players in better positions.

Also Vardy was put on as an extra defender so Pearson needs to take some of the blame.

A great 3 points onwards and upwards.

I was outraged with him when he gave away that penalty. If they had scored from that I imagine more would be being said about it. But was still a ridiculous challenge for a striker to make in your own box.

I was outraged the player left his foot in to go over conning the ref.

Vardy has had awful luck with injury & illness & hasn't been able to get a run going since he scored 4 in 9.

He looked over eager & gave a free kick away at the other end with a silly tackle. We weren't playing great & inviting wave after wave by just dropping off, was silly tackle but the ref fell for a con

Why are we not allowed to make any critical comments when we win a game? That's a ridiculous attitude. Just because we won, it doesn't mean we were perfect. Or should we only comment if we're losing (which would be very fickle)?

I'm not saying people can't make critical comments. But there isn't a thread for every other player who made a mistake tonight. The bloke made a honest mistake trying to help out his team. This time he got away with it and hopefully he'll learn from it

Awful challenge and a blatent penalty, hope he's learnt from it and all is forgotten next week

It was a poor tackle, I agree, but "blatant penalty"? - you must be joking. watch the slowmo. The initial lunge didn't touch the forward. When he pursued the ball after the tackle his trailing leg caught on the prostrate Vardy. It was at most "dubious". Many refs wouldn't have given it.

Got to agree with that. Is better at holding up the ball too.

Waghorn's awful at holding the ball.

We shouldn't have been defending like that in the first place and why the hell we had Vardy as a last ditch defender is ridiculous. It's like having King mark Bellamy... just asking for trouble. We should have been pressing Middlesbrough not sitting back and conceding the space.

It was a poor tackle, I agree, but "blatant penalty"? - you must be joking. watch the slowmo. The initial lunge didn't touch the forward. When he pursued the ball after the tackle his trailing leg caught on the prostrate Vardy. It was at most "dubious". Many refs wouldn't have given it.

Notwithstanding the clumsiness of Vardy's challenge I thought it was "dubious" too and that the attacker "searched" for the contact.

It was a stupid decision but it seems daft to go on about it. Hes a striker who was trying to cover in defence and made a poor decision to go to ground when his man was moving away from the danger area and gave away a cheap penalty. It's not a reason to ship a striker out any more than if a centre back misses an open goal.

No I really am not joking it was a blatant penalty, and I bet also if it was Leicester attacking and it wasn't given you would be complaining

Archived