Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Dunno why some people are saying Waghorn should've come on, Nigel brought on a right footed player who can play more naturally on the right wing for a reason as we were playing 4 5 1 at that point.

Other than the obvious?

Vardy isnt good enough. Needs a season in l1.

Whether a penalty or not (I thought it was), the type of challenge Vardy made at that point in the game was, at best, reckless.

So much so that I could see it coming just before he actually lunged.

Don't forget that this challenge could have completely turned the result and these little things DO add up to becoming major things at the end of a season.

Penalty or not, it was a daft decision to make on Vardy's part where any of our players should have remained on their feet and simply guided the player away from the penalty area, or at least to the edge of it.

Kasper's save won us the three points and if Emnes would have simply slotted away the spot kick, there would be many many more angrily posting on here.

These errors can now be massively costly and I hope the player doesn't make the same mistake again.

IMO if peasrson wanted a striker, he should have put waggy on, if he wanted to shut up shop and go 4 5 1 I think moore would have been a much smarter move for the short remainder of the game.

I really hope he goes out on loan. Really not a fan in anyway, havent been since day one. I appreciate the running, but I genuinely thought he would be out of our plans when we signed wood, bit annoyed to find out its not the case.

agree with most of the recent posts.vardy keen to make an impression,defence backing off,waggy or futacs or moore could have been a better option,lesson learned hopefully.

we were sceaming for lloyd to come on at about 60 minutes but NP slightly cautious

See you were saying he needed to go for months, how can you be sure you're not wrong about Vardy as well?

lol I'm not "wrong" about either of them they're both well out of the team where I've said they should of been all along, the new player you claimed we didn't need because of the above mentioned dynamic duo is banging in goals left right and centre and we are back in the top two where I said we would be if we got a decent forward in, if any one is wrong it's you, very wrong. I'd quite happily still see them both go if someone better was bought in, especially Vardy I think loan deal would be very good for him, hopefully somewhere with a decent barber to sort that awful mop he's sporting as well. But we can't disrupt the squad too much. Hopefully a job for the summer. Look at the word I've used, acceptable, not decent, or good, acceptable.

Get rid get rid get rid!!! Jeez - quit over reacting. Justification would be to have him at the bottom of the pecking order behind Waghorn and Futacs now. For me his time here is as a squad player in this division and he has until the time if and when we were to get promoted to prove he is capable of more than that. If he can't do that then it is time to get rid. I would still be of this opinion if the penalty were to go in although unfortunately there would most likely have been a sick witch-hunt by a lot of our fans.

It was so obviously a clear penalty as well and if you think otherwise you lack the necessary analytical skills required to form an unbiased opinion.

Someone explain to me how that wasn't a penalty. Seriously, clear contact with player before the ball. Much like Whitbreds v Forest

It was nothing like Whitbread's one.

Yesterday's was an obvious pen - Vardy didn't get anywhere near the ball. It was a totally moronic tackle. Can't believe anybody's saying it wasn't a penalty.

It was nothing like Whitbread's one.

Yesterday's was an obvious pen - Vardy didn't get anywhere near the ball. It was a totally moronic tackle. Can't believe anybody's saying it wasn't a penalty.

Dived after leaving his foot there in a very unnatural motion considering his momentum

Can't believe anyone would say otherwise, however the tackle was that rash, that a penno was obviously going to be given

I counted that he had 4 touches of the ball after coming on - and 3 of the touches were fouls- whaat was he thinking of. NP has given Vardy plenty of opportunities to prove himself- far more chances than he has given to Schlupp in that position.

Strongly believe he needs to go out on loan to a League 1 team

IMO if peasrson wanted a striker, he should have put waggy on, if he wanted to shut up shop and go 4 5 1 I think moore would have been a much smarter move for the short remainder of the game.

I really hope he goes out on loan. Really not a fan in anyway, havent been since day one. I appreciate the running, but I genuinely thought he would be out of our plans when we signed wood, bit annoyed to find out its not the case.

Completely agree with this.

Waghorn gives us everything that Vardy can, in terms of running around and closing down, but he simply has more quality than Vardy in my opinion, in terms of a better touch,his hold up play, and he is more of a goal threat, and he should have been the one to come on last night, rather than Vardy.

I counted that he had 4 touches of the ball after coming on - and 3 of the touches were fouls- whaat was he thinking of. NP has given Vardy plenty of opportunities to prove himself- far more chances than he has given to Schlupp in that position.

Strongly believe he needs to go out on loan to a League 1 team

Very true is that.

Vardy tries hard and seems an honest lad, but he is clearly out of his depth at this level and at the age of 26 he is not going to improve beyond his current level. He seemed worth a punt, his goalscoring record was phenomenal but lets remember before August 2011 he had not played at a level higher than Blue Square North. I strongly feel he needs to go on loan, perhaps back to Fleetwood to gain some confidence and perhaps he may be able to come back and make some sort of impact, but in my honest opinion he has no real future here. I think Nige plays him to prove himself right to have signed him but he has to admit defeat on this one, it is not right that Waggy and Schlupp are behind him at the moment as they are better quality with more potential.

Archived