Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Yes, don't worry about mistakes until they start costing you points. At which point panic accordingly.

But there isn't point in bringing all this up is there. There are plenty of strikers in the top flight that I've seen trying to help at the back and give away a penalty. It was a typical strikers challenge, that's all. It was saved, let's moved on. It won't happen again, why? Nige will have a word with the team to try and prevent it from costing us points in the future... If a striker doesn't help defend, he is lazy, (eg Yakubu and Beckford), if a striker helps us at the back and gives away a few typical striker challenges (which is always going to happen), he is a liability.

Nigel will talk to Vardy, and the team, I believe that.

But there isn't point in bringing all this up is there. There are plenty of strikers in the top flight that I've seen trying to help at the back and give away a penalty. It was a typical strikers challenge, that's all. It was saved, let's moved on. It won't happen again, why? Nige will have a word with the team to try and prevent it from costing us points in the future... If a striker doesn't help defend, he is lazy, (eg Yakubu and Beckford), if a striker helps us at the back and gives away a few typical striker challenges (which is always going to happen), he is a liability.

Nigel will talk to Vardy, and the team, I believe that.

Name one thats been on the pitch ten minutes with four goals to their name in mid Jan.

Name one thats been on the pitch ten minutes with four goals to their name in mid Jan.

What's that got to do with anything? And you totally missed my point. Doesn't matter if he hasn't scored any goals, scored four goals or twenty four goals.

Quick, come with me knuckle draggers, I have a packet of Swan Vestas and there is finally (since Beckford left) someone we can legitimately burn. Grab your torches and sythes: let's do this mob action.

Somehow, someone has to find a way to stop stupid from voting in elections.

What's that got to do with anything? And you totally missed my point. Doesn't matter if he hasn't scored any goals, scored four goals or twenty four goals.

Literally rubbing my head with dismay at you, it does matter, he was on for ten minutes and nearly cost us two points. Probably about as many as he has earnt us all season.

Quick, come with me knuckle draggers, I have a packet of Swan Vestas and there is finally (since Beckford left) someone we can legitimately burn. Grab your torches and sythes: let's do this mob action.

Somehow, someone has to find a way to stop stupid from voting in elections.

Don't think the rest of em like me no more, maybe because I'm arguing with the new breed.

Still love you though Dave

The blokes clearly gone down a bit theatrically but the referee had absolutely no option. Vardy has made significant contact and has clearly impeded the player.

I feel sorry for Vardy, he clearly desperately wants to succeed here, it's his big break, but he's not really up to this level. I think he'd do well in league one, and may even be good for a struggling Championship side.

Yes it was a stupid tackle tonight but we looked vulnerable regardless, as a team we should not have let them walk into the box and pick passes around it with ease. We need to defend better than we did as a unit tonight.

Vardy's not a defender, so saying get rid on the bak of this challenge is a bit weird. Unfortunately he's not really done enough at the other end. I don't mind us keeping him but in most games he'd be the last of our strikers that I'd bring on.

The blokes clearly gone down a bit theatrically but the referee had absolutely no option. Vardy has made significant contact and has clearly impeded the player.

I feel sorry for Vardy, he clearly desperately wants to succeed here, it's his big break, but he's not really up to this level. I think he'd do well in league one, and may even be good for a struggling Championship side.

Yes it was a stupid tackle tonight but we looked vulnerable regardless, as a team we should not have let them walk into the box and pick passes around it with ease. We need to defend better than we did as a unit tonight.

Vardy's not a defender, so saying get rid on the bak of this challenge is a bit weird. Unfortunately he's not really done enough at the other end. I don't mind us keeping him but in most games he'd be the last of our strikers that I'd bring on.

But when you've been saying it for awhile and he stuffs up a decent chance and give away a pen in 10 minutes in a key, key game...

Bloke needs a loan deal, we've got our front two, a acceptable back up in Waghorn.... and at the end of the day, I'd prefer Fuctacs to Vardy. It's a gamble, it may come off, I don't really fancy our promotion being the testing ground at this stage of the season and given the options we have.

Both sides of the debate have a strong case.

On one side, you have to point it out as it could have cost us the game. It was a reckless challenge and no matter whether it led to a goal or not he still would have made the same error just the implications would have been greater.

On the other hand, people are probably just using the fact that its Vardy to have a go at him. He made an error but he really should be judged on his contribution up the other end of the pitch and not in his own penalty area (where he shouldn't have been if we'd defended a bit higher up the pitch)

I think some words should be exchanged about it but we move on and draw a line under it because ultimately it hasn't cost us.

He was back trying to secure 3 well earned points for the team, not played for weeks, very unfortunate .

The miserable sh!ts on here were saying only put him on as a sub when we winning, well thats wot happened, and the lad tried but messed up, got out of jail by a team mate.

Why am i getting involved in foxestalk childish backstabbing???

He cant do right for trying

With the acquisition of Wood, there's a new dilemma as to whom to select for the bench as the back-up striker(s). Both Waghorn and Futacs seem more suited for a sub role at the moment, Vardy has yet to live up to his potential.

The guy also lacks a bit of confidence and behaved clumsily last night, trying to defend that 1-0 lead.

I still think he's got what it takes, but he needs to play more regularly.

That's why I'd love to see him join another Championship team or a League One side on loan for the rest of the season (with an option to recall him at any given point).

Stupid challenge but not worthy of the kick him out the club chat. If he was a defender then maybe. Simply he should have been last man up top particularly with his pace. He was flying around like a mad man because he is desperate to get back in the team, he clearly has a good attitude. He got a had a good shot just wide.

I still think he has a future at the club. If nuge got injured I think he could be good with wood. Let's not right the lad off yet, he's been injured a bit as of late too.

He is not the first and won't be the last to make a mistake, get over it he's human, I do question Nigel though, first in putting him on the bench, been out injured for a few weeks surely not the best conditions to make your comeback why we didn't have futacs on the bench in case the pitch came unplayable and we could in direct to futacs and wood if desperate for a goal.

Secondly we had waghorn on the bench who is a similar type of player but fit and in better form at the moment, surely a better option to bring on and just as capable playing in a wide 451.

But what's done is done, and in the end no harm came from it lets hope for another topsy turvy day of championship fixtures with the conditions levelling it out and some more dropped points at the top of the table.

Archived