Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Wes Morgan

Wasn't sure if he had his own thread so ill start this one. Mods please move if needed.

I have to say I was so underwhelmed when we signed him, mainly due to the fact I didn't know a lot about him. Always just though he was a bumbling lump at florist.

How wrong was I?! Comfortably out best, certainly most consistent player this season. Positional sense, timing of the tackle, aerial ability in both boxes, leadership and strength this lad has it all! Best defender in the league imo. Agree or disagree?

Also loved it last night when Keane got booked for that handball. He really stuck up or him to the ref and made sure Keane's head didn't go down after it. Hopefully captain for many years to come

As I said on the MOM poll thread, if we go up this season he could well go down as a club legend.

You might think that's a bit strong after 12 months, but this season he's been not only our captain but our best player. He could be the man to lead us back to the top flight after the longest absence in our history.

Wasn't sure if he had his own thread so ill start this one. Mods please move if needed.

I have to say I was so underwhelmed when we signed him, mainly due to the fact I didn't know a lot about him. Always just though he was a bumbling lump at florist.

How wrong was I?! Comfortably out best, certainly most consistent player this season. Positional sense, timing of the tackle, aerial ability in both boxes, leadership and strength this lad has it all! Best defender in the league imo. Agree or disagree?

Also lived it last night when Keane got booked for that handball. He really stuck up or him to the ref and made sure Keane's head didn't go down after it. Hopefully captain for many years to come

I said this last night.

Possibly the best overall signing we have made in many years is Big Wes.

He is playing fantastically well.

Let's face it we are used to some great Centre backs at the city. When we have a sucessful team we nearly always have a "hero" in the middle of defence.

Never seems to put a foot wrong, he's fantastic at everything. And although he's not as agile as some, his ability to read the opposition means he's always in the right place at the right time. I lost count of the amount of potentially critical interceptions he made yesterday.

Gotta be player of the season, and that's saying something in a squad playing as well as ours

How wrong was I?! Comfortably out best, certainly most consistent player this season. Positional sense, timing of the tackle, aerial ability in both boxes, leadership and strength this lad has it all! Best defender in the league imo.

I think St Ledgers the better player, couldn't see Wes coping with top class international strikers like SSL does.

Wes is a good championship defender but will struggle at Premiership level.

A Danny Shittu type of player at best.

I think St Ledgers the better player, couldn't see Wes coping with top class international strikers like SSL does.

Wow! That is a post and a half!

For me he has the ability to play in the PL, arguably our best defender since Matt Elliot. He obviously had to win over some due to his Forest connections and my god hasn't he done that, wouldn't swap him for any defender in this division.

Forest would have had one hell of a player on their hands if they'd bothered getting him fit.

Thankfully for us they didn't!

Precisely. Never really got why they got rid of Wes?

Was he not playing at the same level for them, as he is now for us? I for one never really paid much attention to him while he was there - knew of him, of course, but would've never described him the best in the league. I know a Forest mate of mine was gutted - was he more appreciated by the fans than the management?

St Ledger can't even cope with Championship players half the bloody time.

How the hell people manage to come to the conclusion he's a premier quality defender I don't know.

Morgan is the best central defender we have had since Walsh, Taggart and Elliott, literally he is. He has been an absolute rock since he has joined this football club, and last nights performance was just incredible. Also he is one of the best captains we have had for a while as well, he is a proper captain, he is a leader.

I absolutely love the bloke, one if not the best centre back in the league atm.

P.S As people have mentioned St Ledger, his form at the start of the season, just admire it, just think about it...then smile. Is he a Premier League quality defender, I am a fan of his a massive fan of his, but in my opinion no he isn't and I will hold my hands up to that. Can he do a useful job from time to time, and be a decent squad player in the Premier League, I think he is more than capable, but if he does stay and we go up, he won't be starting games, he will be on the bench for the majority of the season, unless he get's frustrated again.

Archived