Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aj1927

A BOTTLE of Malky Please.

Do me a favour.

I know you're Welsh but please try to remember the club you support.

I'm English but that doesn't mean I have to like every English club.

Cardiff fans are an embarrassment, not just for not boycotting but actually wearing the red shirts. There's as many red as blue these days.

The promised backlash wasn't up to much was it?

A hundred and odd fans returning their season tickets and one lad selling his support to Tottenham on Ebay. I'd put up more of a fight if Joanna Page started fellating me.

I'd also remember finishing 2nd at Forest.

I'd like to win the league but if we finish 2nd I'll be delighted.

As would I but that isn't the point I'm making. Some people give the impression that 2nd is equivalent to 1st, for me, that isn't the case.

A simple question here: Would you rather win the league or finish 2nd? It's such a basic question and the answer is so obvious that I don't think anyone actually disagrees with me.

I think I want the title more than some people do and I respect their opinion, the PL is more important and that's fine if they're aren't too bothered about how we get there. I just don't like the idea of our fans totally disregarding the title, it does mean something.

History? Tradition? **** off.

Our history is in the men that have given sweat and blood for this club. Battled and fought to represent the city.

They've done it in blue, red, green, pink, "teal", white, yellow, black, gold and **** knows what else.

The colour means nothing. What matters is a city uniting behind the mutual interest of a football team. If all you've got to be proud of about your club and the only way you can identify with them is by having a bit of consistency in the colour scheme then you don't get it. End of.

So you wouldn't be on the owners back if they changed our kit colour to Lilac?

Do me a favour.

I know you're Welsh but please try to remember the club you support.

I'm English but that doesn't mean I have to like every English club.

Cardiff fans are an embarrassment, not just for not boycotting but actually wearing the red shirts. There's as many red as blue these days.

Do me a favour?

Grow a brain would you? Take a look around our King Power Stadium, have a tour in your King Power shirt, have a Singha beer and consider an Air Asia flight to Amazing Thailand.

Money is footballing success, money comes with cost. The Etihad Arena? The Emirates Stadium? The (snigger) Sports Direct Arena? You want some global billionaire's money you're going to have to bend over and take it.

Leicester City used to be about hard graft, winning ugly on a rainy, freezing day out at Filbert Street with the Kop and the Bike Shed screaming at you was an achievement and being a part of that was what the club's history, heritage, culture or whatever trendy buzz-word you want to fling about is.

Now we play in a plastic, corporate bowl with no atmosphere, with family stands, paying excessive amounts for tickets that have priced out a bit generation of our singing support. With health and safety executives that will kick you out for "persistent standing," with gourmet burgers and over-priced Mars Bars, fourty quid shirts and any other bit of tatty crap you can be flogged to juice you of every cent.

And all that sense and sensibility on the footballing side of things? Jacked out the window long ago because we thought Mandaric and Top would bring us success. Manager after manager, in and out, in and out, every one burdening the club with primma donnas on tens of thousands a week to ponce around advertising Nandos on Twitter and selling their own souls for attention.

And you want to actually sit on your high horse and mock another club? Purely because their - nearly ****ing identical - owners went a small step further and swapped their home and away colours? Changed the bloody strip a little? As if that should ACTUALLY matter more than good practice and on-pitch performances?

Are you ACTUALLY that childish?

Has football gone so ****ing mad that we'll let them charge us SIXTY TWO QUID for a ticket but we're all furious over A SHIRT COLOUR?

Jesus **** me sideways Christ. I should go and get a drink.

So you wouldn't be on the owners back if they changed our kit colour to Lilac?

I'd be livid, lilac is ****ing ugly.

In all seriousness? I'd be annoyed, then I'd get over it. Because the eleven blokes on the pitch are still our eleven blokes on the pitch and I enjoy watching them play on our behalf - they could be wearing tinfoil for all I care.

Yeah sorry.

It's a pinch of the January blues. Used up all my beer tokens a fortnight ago and I'm developing cabin fever. Roll on payday.

You truculent bastard.

When you put it like that, modern football really is shit.

FairPlay this is a good advert as to why you shouldn't drink alcohol and post on forums ;-)

I will return tomorrow sober and right any wrongs I have performed.

But for now I will just say "MIND THE GAP".

You truculent bastard.

When you put it like that, modern football really is shit.

Seriously.

Attendances are dropping across the nation, atmospheres are dying at every club, we're paying twice to thrice what the Kraut are paying (and those bastards rioting for paying it!!) and we're actually mocking each other for shirt colours? And "franchises?"

I find it very depressing.

I keep paying, though. I keep going. I'm just as big a dickhead.

FairPlay this is a good advert as to why you shouldn't drink alcohol and post on forums ;-)

It's spelt Crap not Gap.

Do me a favour?

Grow a brain would you? Take a look around our King Power Stadium, have a tour in your King Power shirt, have a Singha beer and consider an Air Asia flight to Amazing Thailand.

Money is footballing success, money comes with cost. The Etihad Arena? The Emirates Stadium? The (snigger) Sports Direct Arena? You want some global billionaire's money you're going to have to bend over and take it.

Leicester City used to be about hard graft, winning ugly on a rainy, freezing day out at Filbert Street with the Kop and the Bike Shed screaming at you was an achievement and being a part of that was what the club's history, heritage, culture or whatever trendy buzz-word you want to fling about is.

Now we play in a plastic, corporate bowl with no atmosphere, with family stands, paying excessive amounts for tickets that have priced out a bit generation of our singing support. With health and safety executives that will kick you out for "persistent standing," with gourmet burgers and over-priced Mars Bars, fourty quid shirts and any other bit of tatty crap you can be flogged to juice you of every cent.

And all that sense and sensibility on the footballing side of things? Jacked out the window long ago because we thought Mandaric and Top would bring us success. Manager after manager, in and out, in and out, every one burdening the club with primma donnas on tens of thousands a week to ponce around advertising Nandos on Twitter and selling their own souls for attention.

And you want to actually sit on your high horse and mock another club? Purely because their - nearly ****ing identical - owners went a small step further and swapped their home and away colours? Changed the bloody strip a little? As if that should ACTUALLY matter more than good practice and on-pitch performances?

Are you ACTUALLY that childish?

Has football gone so ****ing mad that we'll let them charge us SIXTY TWO QUID for a ticket but we're all furious over A SHIRT COLOUR?

Jesus **** me sideways Christ. I should go and get a drink.

I'm not bothered about some global billionaires money. I'd rather be an average football club and keep our history and traditions.

I'm not letting anyone charge me £62, Hell I'm not even happy with the prices we have to pay.

I want success but not at all costs. And I'm not someone who will just jump on the clubs bandwagon regardless, I have some standards, unlike most Cardiff fans. The colours define the club in many ways and they sold out, very happily. A lot of things change but colours is one thing that should remain sacred.

I don't like modern football but I don't think the club's history has been disrespected like Cardiffs has. So we've moved stadium - yes it's a shit one but at the time, and even now after the worst period in our history we've got too many fans for it. If it was a quality stadium (like Filbert Street was, but bigger) you wouldn't be that bothered.

I think you're majorly overreacting to some of the things that are different now. Football has always had prima donnas, yes they were paid less but are you telling me every City player of the past was a hardworking, upstanding gentlemen who loved the club? Bollocks mate.

If this wasn't a Welsh club we're talking about I think the only comment you'd have made on this thread would be to take the piss out of the only real childish person on it - the Cardiff fan. That's my educated guess.

Everybody needs to calm down. He's not actually come out slagging us off has he? He is one of the few away fans on this board who actually seems grounded about stuff and has been respectful to us.

I would say though, that I have yet to see anybody say we will spank Cardiff. Most people are accepting it will be a hard game and few are actually saying we will definitely win. Whenever I have seen Cardiff this season they have looked very average but they must be doing something right to be top. I do think that you are lucky to be there and if things had been going our way it'd probably be us who is at the top of the table. If every team played at their best all the time then I've no doubt we'd be a fair way clear at the top.

As long as we get promoted I don't really care who wins the title but I will be annoyed if we lose out on promotion to smaller clubs like Cardiff.

IOr4l.png

February 2012

1 Manchester City 23 17 3 3 9 3 60 19 +41 54 2.35 2 Manchester United 23 17 3 3 12 1 56 21 +35 54 2.35 3 Tottenham Hotspur 23 15 4 4 8 1 44 25 +19 49 2.13 4 Chelsea 23 12 6 5 6 3 41 26 +15 42 1.83 5 Newcastle United 23 11 6 6 9 4 34 30 +4 39 1.70 6 Liverpool 23 10 8 5 9 7 28 21 +7 38 1.65 7 Arsenal 23 11 4 8 8 4 39 33 +6 37

May 2012

1 Manchester City 38 28 5 5 17 5 93 29 +64 89 2.34 2 Manchester United 38 28 5 5 20 3 89 33 +56 89 2.34 3 Arsenal 38 21 7 10 13 5 74 49 +25 70 1.84 4 Tottenham Hotspur 38 20 9 9 14 6 66 41 +25 69 1.82 5 Newcastle United 38 19 8 11 15 7 56 51 +5 65 1.71 6 Chelsea 38 18 10 10 10 8 65 46 +19 64

Mind the gap!!

If this wasn't a Welsh club we're talking about I think the only comment you'd have made on this thread would be to take the piss out of the only real childish person on it - the Cardiff fan. That's my educated guess.

Which is why I've quite publicly defended that nob MK Dons fan on here who gets equally petty stick from people with absolutely no connection to either Wimbledon or Milton Keynes?

I don't give a toss about Cardiff fans, I'd like to see the club in the Premiership because it's good for our national side but the support? They've more than their fair share of knuckle-draggers and I can guarantee I've had far more run-ins with pissed up bluebirds on Queen Street or at Cardiff Central on a Saturday night than you have, or Bilo, or most of their harshest critics on here. Some proper nobheads.

I just think the mass hysteria about their club colours is pathetic and more than a slight case of glass houses and stones.

Like I said, if all you've got to identify your football club or to respect it's history is the colour of a t-shirt your team are wearing to help them tell themselves apart from the opposition on the pitch then you seriously need to get some perspective.

Like I said, if all you've got to identify your football club or to respect it's history is the colour of a t-shirt your team are wearing to help them tell themselves apart from the opposition on the pitch then you seriously need to get some perspective.

No one has said that it's 'all' we have. But it's still important to most, myself included, whether you see it or not. The fans are an important part of any football team and I guarantee the majority of ours care about the 'colour of a t-shirt'.

Confession corner.

I slag off Cardiff continually on here to get a rise out of Finners.

They have a lot of wankers but they're only about my fourth most offensive team in the NPC after Millwall, Leeds, Forest and Derby.

I do find the number of red shirts on display in the stands when Cardiff play bloomin' cringeworthy though.

Archived