Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

4 hours ago, goody2028 said:

First round in nearly 6 months today - not nearly as bad as thought pre tee off. Probably got the bug again now. 

Glad you got out to play mate. Our place still has a trolley ban in place and it's a still very wet in places.

More rain forecast this week FFS. It's relentless, never known it to be this wet for such a sustained period before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Glad you got out to play mate. Our place still has a trolley ban in place and it's a still very wet in places.

More rain forecast this week FFS. It's relentless, never known it to be this wet for such a sustained period before.

It was a battle to be fair mate. Even if you hit a fairway off the tee (not often in my case) it would just plug and you’d struggle finding it. Winter mats are the pits as well aren’t they but it was great to get back out.

Yeah you’re right about the rain it feels like it has been non stop doesn't it.

• Like 1

Masters week is finally upon us and the only week of the year where I have a bet on golf.

Would dearly love Rory to get over the line but at only 9/1, I certainly won't be having a flutter on him. Of all the big guns, I can't really see past Scottie and maybe Spieth winning - no one else is in great form atm.

Mid table bets for me might include Russell Henley at 50/1 and Erik Van Rooyen at 100/1. Can't really see many e/w outsiders that I fancy.

Any other tips from regular golf gamblers on here?

Just hope it's a classic Masters and not a procession. 

• Like 1

The fear of a Scheffler runaway victory looms large. 

Other potential contenders I’ll go with Matsuyama & Schauffele, both have been fairly consistent this year. 

Zalatoris currently at 28/1 and Theegala at 40/1 could also be worth a dabble, both have had some decent finishes this year, plus strong showings at The Masters in recent years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Faldo and McGinley on comms :revenge:

Painful.

Coltart's accent grinds my gears and Ewan Murray elongates the end of every other word these days which sounds odd.

The best commentator on Sky is Laura Davies.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Painful.

Coltart's accent grinds my gears and Ewan Murray elongates the end of every other word these days which sounds odd.

The best commentator on Sky is Laura Davies.

Agreed, she probably is. Don’t mind Ewan Murray though, his voice is just very old school golf comms. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Impressive from DeChambeau.

I know plenty of people don't like him but I love watching him. 

He did some speed training recently on YouTube and he was hitting 206mph ball speed with range balls FFS. Just the 376 yard carry on one of them. 

Thing is they were all straight shots too as he's such a fantastic golfer as well as being able to do that. 

• Like 1

This is taking the sting off of an unmentionable watch earlier today. Love having majors play into the evening on a Friday, and seeing wind tame the course makes for a fun watch.

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Scheffler is so good it’s boring. 

Just hope a couple of the others hang onto his coat tails and keep it interesting.

Nothing worse than a major procession.

• Like 1