Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

“Shotgun, three days, to me is not a Golf tournament”

”I want to play against the best in the World, in a format that’s been going on for hundreds of years”

Golf is reaching a point where the Majors are going to be the only thing worth watching.

• Like 3

I'm as anti LIV as they come but this podcast with Bubba Watson has opened my eyes a bit. I always thought Bubba was a twat but he's clearly smarter than he comes across.

Well worth a listen if you want a deeper insight into LIV. I thought I knew all about it but I certainly learned something new.

From 1:08:26 onwards for about 50 minutes.

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Cheerio Tyrell ? ! 

Big friends and Ryder Cup partner of Rahm so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm afraid LIV is here to stay whether we like it or not.

Can see them getting OWGR points soon and the DP World Tour changing the rules so European LIV players can play the RC.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Big friends and Ryder Cup partner of Rahm so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm afraid LIV is here to stay whether we like it or not.

Can see them getting OWGR points soon and the DP World Tour changing the rules so European LIV players can play the RC.

You’ve got to think there will be a blending so they can play what they want when they want with players kicked out of LIV going back to what will now be pretty much feeder tours 

Its a shame because the LIV format and presentation is rank IMO 

Rory must be seething 

• Like 1

I know it was mentioned not so long ago, but with the charity thread in general chat, would it be possible for all of us to sort a golf day out and try to raise some money whilst doing so?

Never arranged anything like that before, but happy to try if some of you are interested?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I know it was mentioned not so long ago, but with the charity thread in general chat, would it be possible for all of us to sort a golf day out and try to raise some money whilst doing so?

Never arranged anything like that before, but happy to try if some of you are interested?

I’d be in

I’m a member at Longcliffe. Not played a course harder than this in the summer. Should be able to sort out tee times in the week, but I think it’s about £70 a round. (One member can only sign x amount of guests in for the discounted rate of circa £30 a round) 

https://www.longcliffegolf.co.uk/

^^^ Copied from the charity thread @tom27111 started this topic in 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m a member at Longcliffe. Not played a course harder than this in the summer. Should be able to sort out tee times in the week, but I think it’s about £70 a round. (One member can only sign x amount of guests in for the discounted rate of circa £30 a round) 

https://www.longcliffegolf.co.uk/

^^^ Copied from the charity thread @tom27111 started this topic in 

Might be a bit much for everyone, especially if we're trying to do it for charity.

If we could speak to a club and get it cheaper...

I'm still fuming that me and my mate paid for 4 rounds each when we did 4 rounds in a day to raise money for a cancer charity.

They even bitched at us for not sticking to the tee times they'd reserved for us lol

I think we raised over a grand, but it cost me and Luke about £120 each in green fees, that we paid ourself.

It was done quite last minute, I even spoke to the club and asked if they'd waive the fee and I'd show them I'd pay it to the charity. Nope.

I then asked if they'd do it 50% off and we'd basically go halves for more money to go to charity. Nope lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Might be a bit much for everyone, especially if we're trying to do it for charity.

If we could speak to a club and get it cheaper...

I'm still fuming that me and my mate paid for 4 rounds each when we did 4 rounds in a day to raise money for a cancer charity.

They even bitched at us for not sticking to the tee times they'd reserved for us lol

I think we raised over a grand, but it cost me and Luke about £120 each in green fees, that we paid ourself.

It was done quite last minute, I even spoke to the club and asked if they'd waive the fee and I'd show them I'd pay it to the charity. Nope.

I then asked if they'd do it 50% off and we'd basically go halves for more money to go to charity. Nope lol

Yeah true. I know for a fact our course won’t do a deal. They’re proper sticklers for it, even if it means them losing out on money 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Guess LIV isn’t going away so even so even Rory might feel attracted by it in a certain format .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67870607

Here's the full podcast.

Rory's always a good listen and funny at the start when he has a pop at Roy Keane for refusing him an autograph when he was 12 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant final round in the Dubai Invitational. 

Rory threw it away in the end, impeccable for 16 holes, then turned in to me as he three putted from 2 feet on the 14th and put his drive in the water on 18.

Fair play to Fleetwood for holding his nerve, sank some great putts in the final few holes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...