Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Just praying Scottie gets the call to say his wife is about to drop

You wouldn't cut a Saturday morning round short for that let alone The Masters.

• Haha 1

Faldo really is insufferable. My hero as a kid watching golf but an absolute bell end of a bloke.

Edited by Izzy

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Faldo really is insufferable. My hero as a kid watching golf but an absolute bell end of a bloke.

I've softened to him but only in small doses. Phenomenal player but he talks as though his way is the only way and anything that doesn't align with that is wrong, yet you'd have to say the standard of golf throughout the field is far better than in his day.

Be nice for one of the European players to win, but can't complain about Scottie.  I was pleased Rahm won last year, as it's nice to see the best player in the world win the thing, and Scottie is definitely that right now.

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

The Masters, like many majors hasn't had the drama as much in the last decade as it used to. I know I'm generalising here as my era it was dominated more by individual players but there's something I can't put my finger on that feels less exciting.

It's possibly because of my relationship I had with golf and betting and becoming a compulsive gambler but it's all rather dull nowadays.

Scheffler is becoming a real machine, but we've seen this with a few others for a few years and then they drop off. His ability to correct his swing before impact is something else.

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Rory going to LIV or not ?

Seems to be conflicting reports on the issue .

Having been an arch critic of it noticed he soften his attitude towards LIV the other month .

You get the feeling he wishes he never spoke up about it, I think he thought it would crash and burn.

• Like 1

I can't see Rory going to LIV.

He's already worth about $250m so I don't think money is really a factor.

And he's been so outspoken on it and made personal insults about Greg Norman that I just can't imagine them getting into bed together.

Rory doesn't need LIV and they don't really need him. I think he's happy with his 25 events a year and the schedule as it is.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Nelly Korda won the Chevron Championship by two strokes Sunday to earn her fifth straight victory, tying an LPGA record held by Nancy Lopez (1978) and Annika Sorenstam (2004-05).

Nelly Korda has one of those swings that you could watch over and over again for hours. So simple and effective with very little movement for anything to go wrong. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdvrBhXrUOR/?igsh=aGhzZzk4bWtzamU=

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Nelly Korda has one of those swings that you could watch over and over again for hours. So simple and effective with very little movement for anything to go wrong. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdvrBhXrUOR/?igsh=aGhzZzk4bWtzamU=

I don't play much these days, but when I do, that's the type of swing I try to replicate.