Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

I live in St. Andrews so if anyone wants any tips for places to eat/shit to do give us a shout

Pal, how bads the weather? We're driving up tomorrow and camping somewhere. Is it the absolute pits or not too bad?

Yeah a list of boozers would be magic. Cheers

Pal, how bads the weather? We're driving up tomorrow and camping somewhere. Is it the absolute pits or not too bad?

Yeah a list of boozers would be magic. Cheers

The Keys on Market Street, across from subway is good for a cheap (ish) pint. The place is usually full of locals who are always up for a laugh.

Aikmans is a cellar bar on Bell street (near tesco) has got a decent selection of European beers, weird atmosphere sometimes though.

Plenty of hotel bars around the Hamliton Grand on the 18th will be packed and could be decent

Oh and it doesn't rain much, but when it does it pours but it's always very windy

What a couple of days that was. Drive up on Thursday and played at Ganton in Scarborough on the way which is one of the best courses I've played in a long while. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

St Andrews was immense once we got going yesterday, I'll definitely be going back to play the old course at some point and to watch The Open there again. Will do more than one day though next time.

Might need another extra day for the play-off!

Play off would still be Monday - 4 holes. But I know what you mean. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a play off, the leaderboard is so bunched up. Think Spieth will win and we'll all witness history.

Tomorrow looks set to be a classic. Would love a 6 man playoff

Could well happen mate. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Glad I'm "working from home" tomorrow lol

Why the hell has the BBC chose to show Bargain Hunt, Homes Under the Hammer and Heir Hunters instead of the majority of the final round. No wonder they are losing the rights to Sky.

You dont want to upset the housewife market.

That was a great last day, forget what happened in the other days with the weather etc that was quality. I can't believe Spieth's putt on 16. When he 4 putted the 8th he drifted out to 9/1 with 10 holes left to play and only 3 behind. I whacked £20 on as he did this the week before pretty much and went on to win. Cannot believe after birdieing the 16th that he didn't at least make the playoff. He is absolute quality, even when he makes the odd mistake he's just relentless.

Zach Johnson even wrote himself off earlier this year when talking about St Andrews. Said it doesn't suit his game and he's got no chance, was that the ultimate hustle or has he surprised himself? He was immense yesterday, some superb putting from him and long iron play. He was barely making the fairways off the tee he was hitting it so short but it didn't stop him.

That was a great last day, forget what happened in the other days with the weather etc that was quality. I can't believe Spieth's putt on 16. When he 4 putted the 8th he drifted out to 9/1 with 10 holes left to play and only 3 behind. I whacked £20 on as he did this the week before pretty much and went on to win. Cannot believe after birdieing the 16th that he didn't at least make the playoff. He is absolute quality, even when he makes the odd mistake he's just relentless.

Zach Johnson even wrote himself off earlier this year when talking about St Andrews. Said it doesn't suit his game and he's got no chance, was that the ultimate hustle or has he surprised himself? He was immense yesterday, some superb putting from him and long iron play. He was barely making the fairways off the tee he was hitting it so short but it didn't stop him.

One of the all time great Opens I thought. Would have been nice to see a Brit win or Speith make history but fair play to ZJ. He's not the longest off the tee but once again proved the old adage of 'drive for show, putt for dough!'. And he seemed genuinely humbled and sincere in his speech.

St Andrews is one hell of a place, I can't even begin to put it into words. For a golfer and a huge golf fan it was a dream come true and everything I imagined.

I know you see it on the tv but the road hole is just one hell of a hole, the drive, the bunker, the length. Wow. Some of the slopes and undulations on the whole course are not done justice on the tv.

A phenomenal place and I will definitely bite the bullet to play a round there one year because it is just unbelievable.

Only downside is apart from the grandstands it wasn't particularly great viewing compared to other Opens I've been to.

• Like 1