Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rusko187

Treatment of Season Ticket holders

Probably a touchy subject at the moment what with the offer dished out to us recently but wondered how everyone felt about their "ST holder deals". (I did try to search for an existing thread but couldn't find one).

I think recently it was "ST holders can purchase 6 tickets at a reduced cost", without sounding ungrateful that is just not good enough. I sit in L1 where it is hard enough to get a ticket at times... Let alone 6 of them! Or my other option would be to ticket tout them which in truth probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I do think the discounts I get in store are good but perhaps for future deals how about further discounts on merchandise, away tickets or even food & drink. Believe me I'm not after anything for free... Just to be fairly treated.

And a season ticket is the only way?

Of course not, but to watch on a regular basis than buying in bulk is a sensible option! I've no problems with the cost of the season ticket itself but when you hear announcements of great deals for non ST holders I often wonder where is the equality?

Reintroduce the free cup game.

Can of worms opened right there...lol

When did they stop doing that anyway?

As a ST holder I don't look for or expect any 'additional special extras' I know what I'm buying and that's ok. I'd much prefer they put their efforts into making sure what is already available runs smoothly like no missing tickets etc.

Also I'd be more concerned about the cost of match day ticket costs pricing out those that aren't in a position to buy a ST for whatever reason. My son has had a ST ticket for years but has had to miss this year for family reasons, when he's available to go to a game the prices are simply unjustifiable so he's only been to a couple this year.

I consider myself fortunate to be in a position to get a ST although that may well change if they up them significantly if we get promoted but with so many 'ifs' in there I'll wait and see.

Last time I think I had a cup game on the season ticket was the last time we were in the Prem 10 years ago. It was Crewe in the first League Cup game we played that season and if I remember rightly we got 27,000 in for it as a result ........ I may be wrong though, I often am :-D

Probably a touchy subject at the moment what with the offer dished out to us recently but wondered how everyone felt about their "ST holder deals". (I did try to search for an existing thread but couldn't find one).

I think recently it was "ST holders can purchase 6 tickets at a reduced cost", without sounding ungrateful that is just not good enough. I sit in L1 where it is hard enough to get a ticket at times... Let alone 6 of them! Or my other option would be to ticket tout them which in truth probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I do think the discounts I get in store are good but perhaps for future deals how about further discounts on merchandise, away tickets or even food & drink. Believe me I'm not after anything for free... Just to be fairly treated.

Noone buys a season ticket for their benefits though. (apart from priority for away games perhaps)

But yes the 6 ticket offer, or even the ticket exchange if a STH missis a game is a load of bollox if you're in L1 as its STHs only.

My other gripe is that you lose your seat in a home cup tie if their away following is big enough. You don't get relocated properly. I know for Man City we ended up virtually right on the front of k block which frankly was wank

As a ST holder I don't look for or expect any 'additional special extras' I know what I'm buying and that's ok. I'd much prefer they put their efforts into making sure what is already available runs smoothly like no missing tickets etc.

Also I'd be more concerned about the cost of match day ticket costs pricing out those that aren't in a position to buy a ST for whatever reason. My son has had a ST ticket for years but has had to miss this year for family reasons, when he's available to go to a game the prices are simply unjustifiable so he's only been to a couple this year.

I consider myself fortunate to be in a position to get a ST although that may well change if they up them significantly if we get promoted but with so many 'ifs' in there I'll wait and see.

I wouldn't say I expect additional extras but if I'm aware that they are on offer than I just feel something should be done for ST holders as well... I.e. whereas people can get a ticket, pie & pint how about a reduced cost for the pie & pint for ST holders?

Will agree with you that ticket prices are expensive, we went to the majority of away games last season and it cost a fortune.. Don't recall a game where I paid less than £25.

This is exactly the problem. I'm sick to death listening to season ticket holders winging about not getting deals. I can't get to mid-week matches but up until two seasons ago was coming up to at least one match a month buying match tickets. Sadly I've been priced out and have so far only done two home matches this year.

This is exactly the problem. I'm sick to death listening to season ticket holders winging about not getting deals. I can't get to mid-week matches but up until two seasons ago was coming up to at least one match a month buying match tickets. Sadly I've been priced out and have so far only done two home matches this year.

That's dependant on circumstances though, I'm sure if you could afford the ST and were able to make every home game you would. Makes sense to, for me I paid £500 or so for my ST (missed the early bird), divide that by 23 games and it works out approx £22 per game. I did mine through DD so I pay £55 per month for 8 months at little/no interest.

That's dependant on circumstances though, I'm sure if you could afford the ST and were able to make every home game you would. Makes sense to, for me I paid £500 or so for my ST (missed the early bird), divide that by 23 games and it works out approx £22 per game. I did mine through DD so I pay £55 per month for 8 months at little/no interest.

Of course I'd buy a season ticket if I was in a position to do so. If I was to calculate how much I'd actually spent on match tickets during past seasons it would probably be not that far off the cost of a season ticket. Season tickets are still the way to go if you can get to the majority of games but thousands of fans are not in that position. Sadly the club doesn't seem to want fans like me anymore and I'm becoming more and more detached.

Personally I do not really bother about offers to non ST holders.

I feel that the club does what it can to get people in via cheap ticket sales for the matches that aren't a very attractive fixture.

Fair play to that as it helps the atmosphere.

We do get a reasonable discount in the club shop and also priority tickets for away games and cup fixtures.

As long as non ST holders don't get a better overall financial benefit then I don't mind.

I do, after all, give my money upfront to the club every year around the end of the current season!

Incidentally, I divide the cost of my season ticket by 12, then save the appropriate amount each month (plus a bit more to cover price rises).

I find this the easiest way to cover the cost each year.

Not bothered about what offers they offer non season ticket holders, as you are assured of seeing every game at home, where you want to sit when you have a season ticket.It just bothers me that we have been on sky loads this season, with the majority at home. Being on sky against are main revivals has dropped the attendances and the atmosphere in the big games. And for me the more bums on seats, no matter how they get them there is better, than the half empty soulless ground that the kp can be at times.

I'm fine with the benefits of the season ticket currently, guaranteed seat for every game at a lower average cost, shop discount and priority for away games. I don't think they are obliged to give us a load of extras just because we are season ticket holders.

Can someone answer me one thing? Why do season ticket holders feel entitled to extras? No matter what, they'll be paying less money per game than people that don't have season tickets, plus you get priority on away games...

The only thing that annoys me is being treated like an idiot with offers that aren't really all that good - like someone else said if your in L1 this Wolves offer is pretty useless and even if you're not, most STH's won't find it of any use. They want to get more fans in because the games on SKY - understandable, but don't act like your doing me, and most other STH's a massive favour because it's just a bit disingenuous. Or if they are going to be disingenuous and want us to bring along fans to fill the stadium when it's on tv, then also give us an offer which actually benefits us.

I'm happy with what I get as a STH though - I pay in bulk so I get tickets at a cheaper rate, plus there are extras like, discount in store, prority for big/away games, etc - so I don't feel badly treated - just don't like being occasionally treated like a fool.

The only thing that annoys me is being treated like an idiot with offers that aren't really all that good - like someone else said if your in L1 this Wolves offer is pretty useless and even if you're not, most STH's won't find it of any use. They want to get more fans in because the games on SKY - understandable, but don't act like your doing me, and most other STH's a massive favour because it's just a bit disingenuous. Or if they are going to be disingenuous and want us to bring along fans to fill the stadium when it's on tv, then also give us an offer which actually benefits us.

I'm happy with what I get as a STH though - I pay in bulk so I get tickets at a cheaper rate, plus there are extras like, discount in store, prority for big/away games, etc - so I don't feel badly treated - just don't like being occasionally treated like a fool.

Unfortunately its probably down to the amount of bellyaching some ST do on a regular basis. Apart from what you already get, there's not too much more that can be given to you on offer that you would already want?

Cup games maybe one that you should get, but i'm not sure a free cup ticket would be hugely attractive if the match was say, Yeovil at home on a Tuesday night in January. That kind of thing is only decent if you get a big team.

As many have said, cheaper match day tickets, discount in the club shop, priority away tickets. Thats good for the money. Asking for more or getting the arse when they do a pie and pint offer is pretty childish if you ask me. I'm sick of hearing, 'the club are fvcking over ST holders again' whenever anything is done to try and improve attendance.

Unfortunately its probably down to the amount of bellyaching some ST do on a regular basis. Apart from what you already get, there's not too much more that can be given to you on offer that you would already want?

Cup games maybe one that you should get, but i'm not sure a free cup ticket would be hugely attractive if the match was say, Yeovil at home on a Tuesday night in January. That kind of thing is only decent if you get a big team.

As many have said, cheaper match day tickets, discount in the club shop, priority away tickets. Thats good for the money. Asking for more or getting the arse when they do a pie and pint offer is pretty childish if you ask me. I'm sick of hearing, 'the club are fvcking over ST holders again' whenever anything is done to try and improve attendance.

Sorry for being pedantic but the FA Cup would be on a Saturday in the first instance (I'm pointing that out as I think it'd entice more fans to come)

We got over 25000 against Crewe

Archived