Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Sleeping with the enemy

Due to the fact that City have sold out their away allocation today, is anybody considering going in amongst the home support? I have done this on many occasions. The last time I did it in the cup was at Charlton when we won 2-1. I also did it at MK Dons in league 1. In fact there were so many City fans in the home end, we were even chanting!

Last game of the season against Forest is likely to be sold out and I have no doubt loads of City fans will be in home areas because of the scarcity of tickets

Thoughts?

Having done this a few times, it's just NOT the same.

Being amongst your own, away from home, is the best bit for me. Joining in the chanting, goal celebration etc is why you go to away games, as well as to see the football. But the latter without the former just ain't the same!!

I did it last season at forest when we took 8,000 for the 0-0 bore draw. It was on my birthday and a forest supporting mate took me. I've been away end at forest twice it wasnt bad but in the home end you get NO leg room whatsoever.shoddy.

Also as had been said its just not the same, I think a few people around new I was a city fan and didnt like it but nobody piped up. Cos they're scared cos I'm well 'ard

Guest BlueBrett

Did it at Chelsea and Norwich and I'll be doing it at Forest. Stewards tried to throw me out at Chelsea when Ben Marshall scored his screamer because I just couldn't help myself but a load of the Chelsea boys who seemed to have a problem with the stewards all game stuck up for me for some reason and I was allowed to stay.

To all planning to do it at Forest - I imagine there will be a fair few - we should try to covertly arrange to sit in the same area.

Did it at Chelsea and Norwich and I'll be doing it at Forest. Stewards tried to throw me out at Chelsea when Ben Marshall scored his screamer because I just couldn't help myself but a load of the Chelsea boys who seemed to have a problem with the stewards all game stuck up for me for some reason and I was allowed to stay.

To all planning to do it at Forest - I imagine there will be a fair few - we should try to covertly arrange to sit in the same area.

Probably wise, just make sure it's done somewhere that won't start a riot.

To be fair when i was much younger notts was the place to go for the young ladies of an evening,or you meet em halfway at the durham ox!

Doesn't Nottingham Uni have the most favourable girl:boy ratio in the UK? Sure I've heard that somewhere.

Guest BlueBrett
Probably wise, just make sure it's done somewhere that won't start a riot.

Could be tricky be organise without it coming to their attention given there is likely to be so many. Can FT do 'private' threads?

Due to the fact that City have sold out their away allocation today, is anybody considering going in amongst the home support? I have done this on many occasions. The last time I did it in the cup was at Charlton when we won 2-1. I also did it at MK Dons in league 1. In fact there were so many City fans in the home end, we were even chanting!

Last game of the season against Forest is likely to be sold out and I have no doubt loads of City fans will be in home areas because of the scarcity of tickets

Thoughts?

You can have a +1 for the thread title.

Archived