Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestajigs

Wigan at home

MaccsVWigan_zpsc7be0c80.jpg

Wigan at Macclesfield on Saturday. Shite away support eh?

We're hardly in a position to judge anyone else based on this season.People can blah blah blah on about numbers all they want. But bodies without voices are meaningless.

WOW!!

They threw a flare onto the pitch!!

Wigans away support must be MASSIVE then!!

P.S Nice to hear we have beaten Huddo already in the replay!!!

Wigan will play a weakened side, so won't be a true test for us (should we beat Huddersfield.) Staying up for them is much more of a benefit financially so it's unlikely we will see their bigger names. 0-1 written all over it with neither side caring and around 12k fans.

Spot on Wigan always play a weak team and have frequently been beaten by sides in lower leagues and if Leicester dont win it will be regardd as a bad defeat so a no win situation

Appears to be a Sunday 4 PM Kick off:

Five FA Cup Fifth Round ties will be shown live on both ITV and ESPN

The FA Cup with Budweiser

Fifth Round Proper

16-18 February 2013

Winning clubs receive £180,000 from The FA's Prize Fund

Click here for fixtures

ITV and ESPN will feature five live ties from The FA Cup with Budweiser Fifth Round and there’s the bonus of a Fourth Round replay to look forward to as well.

Luton Town v Millwall gets proceedings underway for ESPN from Kenilworth Road at 12.45pm on Saturday 16 February as the Hatters look to build on their famous giantkilling of Norwich City last week.

ITV continue with the Fifth Round coverage later that day with Oldham Athletic v Everton from Boundary Park at 6pm.

The Latics pulled off a huge shock as Matt Smith scored twice in a 3-2 win over Brendan Rodgers’s Liverpool in the Fourth Round.

Sunday 17 February kicks-off with the last remaining Fourth Round replay as Chelsea host Brentford at Stamford Bridge on ITV at 12pm.

The FA Cup holders had to rely on an 83rd minute goal from Fernando Torres to rescue a 2-2 draw at Griffin Park last Sunday.

The Fifth Round coverage continues on Sunday with ESPN broadcasting Manchester City v Leeds United from the Etihad at 2pm.

Fans can switch back to ITV at 3.55pm as Huddersfield Town or Leicester City take on Roberto Martinez’s Wigan Athletic.

The bumper weekend of FA Cup TV coverage continues to Monday 18 February with Manchester United v Reading from Old Trafford at 8pm on ESPN.

All the clubs competing in the Fifth Round live ties will receive £233,200 from the broadcast fund with the winners earning an extra £180,000.

Both Chelsea and Brentford get £68,200 from the broadcast fund for their replay with the winners taking home £90,000 from the prize fund.

Charlton will be on the Wednesday now then!

...how likely do you think this is? I have booked time off work to take my son to this match and stay at the Holiday Inn Express (by the ground). I have the tickets and have booked the hotel for the Tuesday 19th February.

I am going to be seriously cheesed off if the Charlton match gets shifted to the Wednesday.

What happens about the tickets I already have - will they still be good for the Wednesday (or do you have to get them replaced as they have the wrong date on).

...how likely do you think this is? I have booked time off work to take my son to this match and stay at the Holiday Inn Express (by the ground). I have the tickets and have booked the hotel for the Tuesday 19th February.

I am going to be seriously cheesed off if the Charlton match gets shifted to the Wednesday.

What happens about the tickets I already have - will they still be good for the Wednesday (or do you have to get them replaced as they have the wrong date on).

If we get past Huddersfield the Charlton match will be moved as there is a need for three days between matches.

Match tickets will be fine.

Regarding playing on Wednesday, you can more or less put your life savings on it will.

Any Sunday game has resulted in a Wednesday midweek game for as long as I can remember.

Match tickets will be fine.

Regarding playing on Wednesday, you can more or less put your life savings on it will.

Any Sunday game has resulted in a Wednesday midweek game for as long as I can remember.

...OK thanks - would I be right in thinking that the decision about the scheduling of the Charlton game won't be made until we have beaten Huddersfield i.e not until after 12th February?

Archived