Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lestajigs

Wigan at home

If we got past Huddersfield and put out our first team we are favourites. Wigan are nothing more than average and thats their first team. If they play their reserves we are big favourites.

Assuming we don't play our reserves.

I think it's a good draw in the sense that Wigan is an ideal test to see if the current crop could compete with a Prem side. If we do go up (and Wigan don't go down) we'll be fighting for survival with teams like them so I think it could be an interesting game.

To be fair, I'd imagine both Wigan fans aren't exactly orgasmic at the prospect of City or Hudds.

Providing we get past the lying in wait "banana skin" of Huddersfield of course then Wigan bears shades of the successful Norwich away fifth round tie last season in many respects......equally winnable to a similar calibre of opposition as it is loseable! Hope it provides the same outcome of Norwich away naturally. I guess it all depends on how Wigan view the retention of their valuable Prem. status versus progression in the cup come mid next month....plus how we're situated in the league too no less! The former (league survival) will inevitably be their priority really so this gives us a great chance to progress if we get past Huddersfield and are up for it. Without wanting tio run before walking, then hopefully not Chelsea away in round six again though as theirs or Man Utd's name always appears to be on the blinking thing!

Part of me thinks I wouldn't mind losing to Huddersfield rather than having to bother with this fixture. Crap draw.

I don't know about anyone else but I hope that we forfeit against Huddersfield so that we can concentrate on getting to the Premier League to face outfits such as Wigan on a weekly basis.

:rolleyes:

We aren't some tinpot club who need a big payday and a stadium full of non-Leicester fans for a game against Man utd or Chelsea..

I seriously don't understand some people, everyone wants promotion and to play in the premiership week in week out, but still a draw that gives us a decent chance of progression, and with another decent draw the possibility of wembley maybe and it's dismissed as a wank draw..

So I take it if we get automatic promotion and get to wembley some of you will complain that we didn't get the 'glamour' tie so it was still pretty s*** hey ?

Anyone know what the attendance was against Swindon last year in the cup ? If I remember correctly it was £15 tickets and it was a decent turnout so this should in effect be better no ?

Exactly one year ago today (28/01/12).. Attendance was 19,942.

Anyone know what the attendance was against Swindon last year in the cup ? If I remember correctly it was £15 tickets and it was a decent turnout so this should in effect be better no ?

Wigan won't bring close to what Swindon did, they've got a tiny fanbase.

Decent opposition for us to progress if we get over Huddo.

Be a pretty crappy attendance though as they are hardly big travellers.

Would be good if we played our first team rather than the first halfers V Huddo on Sat.

Be a goot test for our future Premier league campaign!!!

Wigan won't bring close to what Swindon did, they've got a tiny fanbase.

Swindon brought 4,000 with them, with Wigan only having three days to organise tickets due to our replay taking place on the Tuesday before the match I'd be amazed if they brought a quarter of that to us. They might take more to Huddersfield but if we win the replay, they'll have a three figure away following without a doubt.

There might be more City fans in attendance than there were against Swindon but don't expect fireworks, Wigan are probably the smallest draw of any Premiership side.

Isn't there a bit of a rivalry between Wigan and Macclesfield from their non-league/lower league days anyway?

Still an impressive picture though, would be delighted if our end looked anything like that at Peterborough.

MaccsVWigan_zpsc7be0c80.jpg

Wigan at Macclesfield on Saturday. Shite away

support eh?

We're hardly in a position to judge anyone else based on this season.People can blah blah blah

on about numbers all they want. But bodies without voices are meaningless.

For a premier league club, there support is shocking

MaccsVWigan_zpsc7be0c80.jpg

Wigan at Macclesfield on Saturday. Shite away support eh?

We're hardly in a position to judge anyone else based on this season.People can blah blah blah on about numbers all they want. But bodies without voices are meaningless.

I don't see your point, is it because there's a flare or because they took 1500 to a team just under an hour away?

I suppose this all depends on what attitude Pearson is taking as to whether this is a good or bad draw. If he wants to focus on promotion and is going to play some fringe players without being too concerned about winning then we might as well have had Man Utd away so it's not a good draw. If we get past Udders with what will likely be half a team of fringe players again and he wants to take it seriously, then this is a very good draw. Wigan are an established but not particularly good Prem team and a good yardstick for how good our first choice 11 are. If we beat them there's a good chance of getting a relatively easy draw in the quarters. Reading between the lines of what Pearson has said and what Wellens has said about the replay being a chance to get more games, my guess is Pearson isn't too bothered

Archived