Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

What's changed since last year?

What's changed since last year? I havn't posted here since last season but how has Nigel Pearson got Leicester 2nd in the table and in the Automatic Promotion slot in such a short period of time?

I've been following the results but not the changes in the squad, formation, tactics, atmosphere etc.

Lastly whats the mood of the forum like now? What are the expectations until the end of season?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Pearson has bought togetherness to the squad, got rid of the idiots and got some actual quality proven players in the team like nugent/woods and probably one of the best midfields/defenses since the MON era. Think Pearson still has a lot to learn especially tactically but its good to be a Leicester fan right now.

Think the board need some thanks too....fair enough they made some mistakes when they first got here but they have got behind the current manager....look at forest they were doing fine and they have messed any chance of promotion by their rash sackings.

The squad morale has changed a lot since Pearson got rid of big egos such as Beckford,Danns and Mills etc. Wellens recently did an interview where he revealed there was some players who expected to start every week.

The improvement in form by Drinkwater has contributed a lot as our midfield is now creative and is able to supply our strikers with chances. The signing of Knocky also contributed to this.

I can't speak for the forum but I think we are capable of keeping our slot in Play-offs. I think Hull and Palace are fading away, Middlesborough is erratic. Watford lost to Bristol City so they could implode now or not.

As for improving this forum's mood;Ha(!) This forum is born to moan and will always find something new to moan about.

Pearson has bought togetherness to the squad, got rid of the idiots and got some actual quality proven players in the team like nugent/woods and probably one of the best midfields/defenses since the MON era. Think Pearson still has a lot to learn especially tactically but its good to be a Leicester fan right now.

Think the board need some thanks too....fair enough they made some mistakes when they first got here but they have got behind the current manager....look at forest they were doing fine and they have messed any chance of promotion by their rash sackings.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I do think NP has mainly gone for good young players with a lot of potential, and the right attitude, rather than proven players, though.

As you say, I think he's done a great job in getting the squad's mentality right. Not too long ago, the squad was over-full of over-paid, over-inflated egos, expecting wins to be handed to them on a plate. Now it seems like a tight-knit group of professionals, all realising that you have to get your head down and put a shift in if you want success.

We have got a small but very committed squad now. Who wear the shirt with pride & enjoy playing for Leicester City & not the pay cheque at the end of the season.

You could tell the trouble makers of last year they all warmed up together away from the rest beckford danns peltier mills all players who wanted ego's massaged & Pearson isn't thaf sort of manager

Young hungry players with something to prove rather than old overpaid players just picking up a cheque with nothing to prove.

Simple really.

Can't argue with this.

+ much better disciplinery record.

Good point, the discipine in both ways on the pitch as well. Less cards and also in a football sense. You won't catch Wes Morgan 25 yards away from the striker after going on a mazy dribble up front.

Added to that the players we sign now are actually 'decent', and not in the Kermogant sense.

Not only having Pearson as manager but NOT having Sven as manager I think, is important.

Discipline and respect being the two biggest biggest factors I would guess are having the most impact.

Finally, some of Nige's signings have just been good.

Re. The site, well I've not seen a few post much recently? Dangerous Tiger, Seenitall and Nick appear conspicuous by their absence? Maybe I've just not noticed them?

The style of play has improved greatly, we have created numerous chances in some games whereas last season we struggled to carve out opportunities.

Our attack is more prolific, our defence meaner, our home form improved and the mentality within the squad healthier and more conducive to success. Plus we've swept aside some of the poorer teams whereas before we'd been unable to.

When did we sign Woods?! Also, the Woods' I know play in goal, midfield and well, there's this other one; he plays golf. Enlighten me please.

When did we sign Woods?! Also, the Woods' I know play in goal, midfield and well, there's this other one; he plays golf. Enlighten me please.

Oh just give up with this. You know who he means and it doesn't really matter does it?

Oh just give up with this. You know who he means and it doesn't really matter does it?

Well, how can you expect to take anybody's opinion seriously if they don't know the name of our players?! It's not actually difficult to get somebody's name right is it? It pisses me off when people spell my name wrong and although I'm pretty sure Wood doesn't read FT, I'm sure he'd like it if people could get his name correct.

Fair enough if it was a typo but it happens so often. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but I do find ignorance quite annoying.

Archived