Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Peterborough pre-match ponderings

Guest BlueBrett

Such a depressing experience last year. It was the day I pretty much abandoned all but a fool's hope of reaching the playoff's and then there was the Beckford incident :@.

Has to go better this time. I'm expecting plenty of goals. Maybe something a bit ridiculous like a 4/5 - 2 win.

Despite my general positive nature, I am under no illusion, this will be a tough game that will IMO define our promotion credentials. Win this, which I think we will, and it's another monkey off our back.Really looking forward to stepping back in time again, without the disappointment of last year! COYB :chant:

Second in the table against 24th. A Leicester team that hasn't lost in seven against a home side with a mediocre record of four wins out of their last ten matches, but only eight wins overall so far this season.

A team that tends to grind out results as of lately against the minnows of the league who love to score for fun - the only team to beat leaders Cardiff in the past ten matches: Peterborough, a side whose defending abilities are nothing short of laughable in most cases.

I'm looking forward to a high-scoring game against Ferguson Jr.'s 3-5-2.

I'd predict a 4-2 hammering in our favour, yet I wouldn't take this game lightly. It's another step further towards the ultimate goal. Automatic promotion.

i hope no one is thinking this will be ours for the taking, i think this will be the hardest game we have had since Hull away IMO. They're picking up form as of recent and are desperate to get out of the bottom 3. really tough game on our hands, i don't care if its not pretty tbh as long as we get the result. Thing Boyd will be a real threat as well. Going for a 2-1 win from going behind in the first half

Friday - Watford v Crystal Palace

Saturday - Brighton v Hull

Not fussed about those below us, who have Cardiff got? :P

In all seriousness, this will be a tough game and Hull are sniffing down our necks. As long as we focus on winning our own game and play better than we have done in the past few games, we should win.

Not taking anything for granted though, Posh will be well up for this and we seem to have established a mini rivalry with them.

Must need win, last year at Peterborough was not a great day; think that this was one of the pivotal games that let us down last year. It was the first time I took my two kids there, highlight was when my 5 year old asked "why we watching football in a shed"!! Just need Brighton to turn over Hull.

Its the kind of game that can shape a season! Go there and come away with 3 points, even a a scrappy 1-0 win , keeps the winning run going and shows the rest of the promotion pack we are prepared to scrap out wins as well as destroy teams.

This league is about consistency and it would be oh so easy for the boys to take their foot off the gas or for Peterborough to be well up for this and play a blinder! They aren't a bad team and have beat a number of the promotion chasing pack already!

Whatever happens, 3 points would cement us in that 2nd spot and speak just as loudly as the thrashing of Huddersfield to me!

First time im going to their place. Driving so any advice on where to park and then which pubs please?

Go to the pub in the Dutch barge (can't remember what it's called). Easy enough to find, just head for the river. Will be heaving with Leicester fans.

There's loads of cars parks and they're all well enough signposted.

Archived