Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Peterborough pre-match ponderings

First time im going to their place. Driving so any advice on where to park and then which pubs please?

Just follow the police numbers find one on they're own and then 2, then 3 and so on by the time you get near to the ground they'll be in packs of 5 or more just looking for trouble with no attempt to help fans cross busy roads etc. Then at the ground they'll be hundreds of them all staring you out.

rather than worrying about hull etc we should instead be thinking of chasing cardiff. i personally dont care whos behind us, aslong as their behind us!

its better to chase rather to be chased..and i hope nige is telling that to the players.

WYS

Go to the pub in the Dutch barge (can't remember what it's called). Easy enough to find, just head for the river. Will be heaving with Leicester fans.

There's loads of cars parks and they're all well enough signposted.

First time im going to their place. Driving so any advice on where to park and then which pubs please?

the pub is called charters bar. awsome

the pub is called charters bar. awsome

is that the boat which is v.near the ground? remember walking from drapers in town and heard a load of lcfc songs coming from there

1-0 FOXES- CHRIS WOOD TO SCORE!

THE TEAM FOR ME- PLAYING A 4-2-1-3

KASPER

DE LAET

KEANE

MORGAN

KONCHESKY

DRINKWATER

JAMES

KNOCKY (IF FIT, IF NOT THEN MARSHALL)

FUTACS

WOOD

NUGENT

Futacs? are you sure?

1-0 FOXES- CHRIS WOOD TO SCORE!

THE TEAM FOR ME- PLAYING A 4-2-1-3

KASPER

DE LAET

KEANE

MORGAN

KONCHESKY

DRINKWATER

JAMES

KNOCKY (IF FIT, IF NOT THEN MARSHALL)

FUTACS

WOOD

NUGENT

BENCH: LOGAN, WAGHORN, MOORE, GALLAGHER or Marshall, KING, VARDY & DYER

CAPS LOCK! CAPS LOCK! CAPS LOCK! ..... Ben Marshall, CAPS LOCK! CAPS LOCK!

It sounds stupid to say seeing as there are so many games left, but if we win this, we go up. I really think this game carries that much weight. This fixture has the post match reaction of, 'fvcks sake. Nothing fvcking changes' etc written all over it. If we come away with a result, even the most synical amongst our support would start to finally believe.

Hi there,

I'm the landlord of The Palmerston Arms in Peterborough (10 minutes walk from the ground), we serve 10 different real ales all drawn from the cask in our unique cellar, a window allows you to see your pint being pulled.

Sorry but we don't sell lager.

As away fans you are all welcome in my pub.

Here's a link to our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/palmerston/?bookmark_t=group which will tell you more about us.

We will be serving up Hog Roast pre-game, there is a traditional cafe opposite for a Full English and we are just a couple of minutes walk from a Fish and Chip shop.

To help with Sat – Navs our Post Code is PE2 9PA

If arriving by train we are 20 minutes walk from the station but to be honest the best thing to do is hop into a cab (cost approx £4.50)

We can also help with safe secure parking before, during and after the game - please ring me Ian on 01733 565865 and I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

Oh and UTP

Can't remember but I think I went for a draw on the prediction thread.

Me and mi pals are on our annual '32 halves' on Saturday, starting in the Huntsman and having 32 halfs of lager in 32 different boozers.

Stelling will be watched at some point to keep up with the score..

:trumpet:

Can't remember but I think I went for a draw on the prediction thread.

Me and mi pals are on our annual '32 halves' on Saturday, starting in the Huntsman and having 32 halfs of lager in 32 different boozers.

Stelling will be watched at some point to keep up with the score..

Hope you're gonna have em in Pint Pots though pal? :P

No mate... The point is to have an half, then get to the next boozer.. It's all about timing lol

And remaining upright!!

Yeah did the Holborn half mile years ago when I was on a course in Brum, very messy :sweating: Was on the town Saturday for a pub crawl and found out the Snooty Fox and Winstons aren't there any more :beer: that got messy too :D

Yeah did the Holborn half mile years ago when I was on a course in Brum, very messy :sweating: Was on the town Saturday for a pub crawl and found out the Snooty Fox and Winstons aren't there any more :beer: that got messy too :D

lol

We do it every year... One of my mates keeps a 'book of fame' writing down all those 'starters' and the pub they bowed out at!

We've done it all over the place... Amsterdam last year for instance.

Narborough road, Brauny gate and 'lester' don't really have the same ring to it though...

Talking to a colleague who's a Posh season ticket holder.

They play 5-3-2 but are in diseray since loan midfielder George Thorne returned to West Brom. Their good form around christmas (beating Cardiff away) was with Thorne, Boyd, Tomlin and Gayle on top form.

With George "blindman" Boyds move to Forest falling through, theres likely to be some turmoil, Boyd had a shocker last week.

They play with 2 attacking wing backs who get forward, but not so hot defencively, Tommy Rowe (LWB) is on top form but Mark Little (RWB) is playing with an injury so pretty poor. They also don't play with a right sided midfeilder so there tends to be big gaps on their right, and when under the cosh their second striker Lee Tomlin (ex-Leicester) tends to cover on right, he is hot headed, cannot tackle and has a tendancy to get in trouble. We should concentrate on killing them down our left/ their right side, if Tomlin isn't in the centre his effectiveness is blunted significantly.

They signed 3 midfielders on loan in last week of transfer window, to replace Boyd, now he hasn't gone they have selection issues, with Ferguson Jnr not picking daddys loan signing Man Utd "star" Davide Petrucci last week. By all accounts Spurs loanee Adam Prichard is a classy midfielder but he plays on left in Boyds position, so its one or other. I think Ferguson is showing himself to be a bit clueless and unable to turn things around, why have so many midfielders in the squad but only one Striker. they have a 17 year old on the bench as their only other striking option.

My take on them is they are completely at sea, listing badly and losing to us would sink them. They are almost totally dependent on Gayle as lone striker and Tomlin as support striker linking up play. Don't let Tomlin play and mark Gayle out of the game you'll win, because even with 5 at the back they conceed goals.

their total inexperiance in central defence will be unable to cope with our strikers, Chris Wood will have a feild day.

We get an early goal, with good away support, I really feel a big score line could be forthcoming.

The one worrying thing is, that i've got a feeling of deja-vu, we always seem to go there considerably better than them, much better players, higher in the league etc etc and they raise their game.

I honestly cannot see how we can do anything but win, but then I probably think this same way every time we go to London Road

Archived