Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Konchesky

I am going to disagree, he plays almost like he is made of wood, if he gets closed down he turns around and passes

it back to Schmeichel or Keane, he has a turning circle of a HGV and gives away a fair amount of silly fouls in

dangerous areas for an 'experienced' defender.

However he is good on his day and scores the occasional cracker but should we go up I think we should be looking

at a long term replacement but he would be useful as a squad player.

Konchesky always tries to be constructive and offers far more than we've been used to from a left-back in recent seasons. He's competitive, provides excellent support for much of the time going forward, passes the ball thoughtfully and even has a decent crack at goal on occasions.

Schlupp promises much the same and I've wished we'd involved him more but as a substitute for Konch rather than instead of him because we really have needed some experience in the side and Schlupp, for all his talent, still has things to learn in what is a relatively new position for him

He's solid, decent amount of assists last time I checked too.

We do have a great defense, only team still in the 20's in goals against and I believe 3rd best defensive record in the football league, behind gillingham in league 2 and Swindon in league 1.

Cue 16-0 loss ;)

EDIT: after gillinghams 1-0 defeat last night we have the second best defense in the football league!

While I concede that his form has dipped a little this season, I still think he's the best LB in the league and possibly better than many in the Prem.

His reading of the game is superb, he's (usually) difficult to beat and he gets forward well. He covers well in the centre too. Best LB we've had for absolutely years.

Archived