Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Konchesky

Am I the only one who seriously fails to understand the stick he gets?

Ridiculous time to be posting I know (sleeping pattern more fvcked than Katie Price's arsehole), but onto Konchesky, what does he do so wrong?

He's an experienced head, he really isn't that bad defensively (could do a bit more to prevent crosses at times) and his supporting of his winger, despise his supposed lack of pace, is quality.

I've had my doubts about him in the past but I can't believe the stick he gets on here. Who's a better left back in this league? Genuine question.

I think, for such an experienced defender, he gives a ridiculous amount of fouls away in silly areas.

He also gets beaten a little to much for my liking.

But he knows how to cross a ball and can really motor up the wing considering his age.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out, but he's our weakest link in defence for sure.

Think hes just that type of player that not everyone likes, hard to put my finger on it directly

As for quality, were gonna find it hard to improve on him; so just support our men in Blue.

Personally I like him, has a nack for special goals every so often, he's rarely prone to gaffs either

He's a nominated victim, like King and Dyer. If he's not our best player, he's an utter disaster and liability. Whereas the few games that DD or Wes have been poor it's overlooked.

That being said, I'd have given Schlupp another chance there after his showing earlier in the season...

I feel when compared with Morgan, who most agree is our outstanding defender, Konch suffers by comparison through occasional hot headedness and lapses of concentration. He fell asleep for one of the Wolves goals at Molineux. He should have been sent off for a rash challnege against Crystal Palace. He's a good footballer, but needs to improve his concentration levels.

Like someone mentioned earlier he has a tendency to give away stupid free kicks in dangerous areas with needless pushes in the back or silly fouls that a player of his experience shouldnt be doing, he seems to do it far to often and weve been lucky not to have been punished from to many of these set pieces. Other than that though if he cuts them out of his game he is easily one of the best left backs in the league

Like someone mentioned earlier he has a tendency to give away stupid free kicks in dangerous areas with needless pushes in the back or silly fouls that a player of his experience shouldnt be doing, he seems to do it far to often and weve been lucky not to have been punished from to many of these set pieces. Other than that though if he cuts them out of his game he is easily one of the best left backs in the league

Have to agree with this - but recently has looked deadly going forward! My theory when we are playing well he switches off and can give away silly fouls - but when we are playing poorly - he really stands up and is counted

We've by far got the best defence in the league, none of our defenders (except maybe Whitbread and his liabilities) should be criticised.

Konch has got excellent work rate and he always gives his 100% - it's there for all to see.

He was one if not our most consistent player last season, this season his form has deteriorated somewhat, but he still puts in some decent performances.

He isn't as bad as some people make out, he has put in some poor performances this season, but he has also put in some good one's as well.

Am I the only one who seriously fails to understand the stick he gets?

Ridiculous time to be posting I know (sleeping pattern more fvcked than Katie Price's arsehole), but onto Konchesky, what does he do so wrong?

He's an experienced head, he really isn't that bad defensively (could do a bit more to prevent crosses at times) and his supporting of his winger, despise his supposed lack of pace, is quality.

I've had my doubts about him in the past but I can't believe the stick he gets on here. Who's a better left back in this league? Genuine question.

Put it this way...

Both under Sven and Nige, has any player appeared more consistently for the club?

Archived