Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Bad news - Beckford

Well NP seems to know different.

Does he though? Pearson was more than happy to start him beginning of this season over Nugent isn't just a case of Nugent has performed better and Beckford wants 1st team football?

Does he though? Pearson was more than happy to start him beginning of this season over Nugent isn't just a case of Nugent has performed better and Beckford wants 1st team football?

An attitude could mean any thing. As you alluded to wanting 1st team football is fine but why not fight for the team? that is why he hasn't got a conducive attitude he wants the easy life of being guaranteed first team football when he doesn't perform on the pitch you cannot legislate for that, and that is why the likes of Vardy and Waghorn are ahead of him in the pecking order they may not have the same quality as Beckford but they are team players and have the right work ethic something that NP cherishes.

Well if he reacts to being dropped by almost immediately putting in a transfer request, then he's hardly got the best attitude has he? If he'd gotten his head down and worked hard to get back into the team, then fair enough, but it appears he wasn't prepared to do that.

Well if he reacts to being dropped by almost immediately putting in a transfer request, then hes hardly got the best attitude has he? If hed gotten his head down and worked hard to get back into the team, then fair enough, but it appears he wasnt prepared to do that.

Matter of opinion, some might argue that players who are keen to play football and are willing to take a pay cut rather than sit on the bench and get paid more is a good attitude, if he rather play for someone else than be on the bench then good luck to him but I would have to think slightly deeper than you have to establish wherever the lad has an attitude or not

Whatever criticism we may wish to lay at his feet in terms of on field ability is fair enough, off the field he's said nothing and continues to say nothing so to create a narrative of a trouble maker seems unfair.

Last season I happened to be outside the stadium when the team were assembling to board a bus to go to a charity related event. Alongside Birch, the player cheerily cajolling the players to get on the bus & the importance of charity they were going to was... Beckford, hardly actions matching this reputation

Beckford is a very good player who just didn't do it for us but as a character, I want him as far away as possible from this club. So egotistical and arrogant not too mention that he did 1 of the scumiest things when he elbowed David Forde then laughed it off when asked about it at the end of the game.

Go to 30ish seconds in that video. Not the best quality but you can still see it clearly. He should have got at least a 7/8 game ban for that and regardless of ability, anybody who wants a person that like around the club should be ashamed.

Matter of opinion, some might argue that players who are keen to play football and are willing to take a pay cut rather than sit on the bench and get paid more is a good attitude, if he rather play for someone else than be on the bench then good luck to him but I would have to think slightly deeper than you have to establish wherever the lad has an attitude or not

I'm sure he might be a perfectly nice guy and a model professional in training; I'm glad he's not one of these footballers who wants to just sit there and collect his pay cheque, but at the end of the day if he doesn't have the desire to work hard and to play for this club, then there's no point in him being here.

No-one has a divine right to a place in the first team - Beckford started the season poorly and was rightly dropped, but if he'd waited for his chance (which would have come round fairly quickly with the various injuries and illnesses we had) he would've been back in the team before he knew it and if he'd played well he could still be there now.

As much as I like a good Beckford joke I really struggle to see where all these bad attitude stories come from?

Player interviews elude to the fact that rotten apples have left the club and the team spirit is much better since then.

We thrive on team spirit and players going the extra mile for each other, if someone in the matchday 18 isn't doing that it sticks out like a sore thumb and erodes the spirit of other players who otherwise are playing great as a close-knit unit.

Is it all Beckford? Of course not, but we're the best we've been for a decade when Adams took a team of Premiership players back-up, so why risk upsetting the apple cart?

Im sure he might be a perfectly nice guy and a model professional in training; Im glad hes not one of these footballers who wants to just sit there and collect his pay cheque, but at the end of the day if he doesnt have the desire to work hard and to play for this club, then theres no point in him being here.

No-one has a divine right to a place in the first team - Beckford started the season poorly and was rightly dropped, but if hed waited for his chance (which would have come round fairly quickly with the various injuries and illnesses we had) he wouldve been back in the team before he knew it and if hed played well he could still be there now.

Yeah couldn't agree with you more on that indie

Go to 30ish seconds in that video. Not the best quality but you can still see it clearly. He should have got at least a 7/8 game ban for that and regardless of ability, anybody who wants a person that like around the club should be ashamed.

I'm guessing you wouldn't want Wayne Rooney or Marouane Fellaini at the club either then? There are many footballers that have elbowed before, Beckford isn't the first.

I'm guessing you wouldn't want Wayne Rooney or Marouane Fellaini at the club either then? There are many footballers that have elbowed before, Beckford isn't the first.

But I've never seen somebody do it with the Malice that Beckford did then laugh about it when he could have done serious damage to Forde! Maybe you missed the point.

You can't really see it in that video but he has a look to see where the keeper is then puts his full force into the elbow. When Fellaini headbutted Shawcross it was less likely to do the damage that Beckford's elbow did and as disgusting as it was, at least he apologised to Shawcross about it. After Beckford got charged he only apologised to the Leeds fans not to Forde.

Beckford's attitude on and off the pitch combined with an act like that, is why you shouldn't want him to play for us.

But I've never seen somebody do it with the Malice that Beckford did then laugh about it when he could have done serious damage to Forde! Maybe you missed the point.

You can't really see it in that video but he has a look to see where the keeper is then puts his full force into the elbow. When Fellaini headbutted Shawcross it was less likely to do the damage that Beckford's elbow did and as disgusting as it was, at least he apologised to Shawcross about it. After Beckford got charged he only apologised to the Leeds fans not to Forde.

Beckford's attitude on and off the pitch combined with an act like that, is why you shouldn't want him to play for us.

Did you take the same view on Ben Thatcher then?

Jesus Christ, he's just come back for treatment, not because Pearson wants him in the squad.

Besides, the same people crying that Beckford is shit are the same people whose default position is Trust Nigel. If Pearson does want to give him another chance I trust his judgment over ccstar and MarkW.

Jesus, people, quit the frothing and wind your necks in.

Would you have had Zidane in your side after the headbutt? I would've taken him in a heartbeat. People do stupid things on the football pitch sometimes, usually it's punished during the match, if not then it's punished after the match usually. That should be the end of it.

Jesus Christ, he's just come back for treatment, not because Pearson wants him in the squad.

Besides, the same people crying that Beckford is shit are the same people whose default position is Trust Nigel. If Pearson does want to give him another chance I trust his judgment over ccstar and MarkW.

Jesus, people, quit the frothing and wind your necks in.

When did I say Beckford's shit?

lol

Oh come on you have, maybe not in this thread, but you have.

No, to clarify, my position is and has been for some time, that both are equally average. But I think that we'd be a lot better off persevering with the cheaper, younger, Vardy.

No, to clarify, my position is and has been for some time, that both are equally average. But I think that we'd be a lot better off persevering with the cheaper, younger, Vardy.

We'd be better off perservering with neither until they do something of note!

Anyway on topic, this is all a bit silly, he's come back for treatment! Hope Huddersfield are still contributing to his wages.

Archived