Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kevfromle

Kingy

For you guys who just don't get it, Kingy is NOT good enough or strong enough in a four man midfield and never has been. I mean, just to get the point over - he is not good enough!

Forget about the odd goal he gets, check the stats, compare all our matches with the central midfielders who played, check the team's performances in those matches, check the points we got and as long as you are not someone who has some sort of 'crush' on Andy King you cannot help but come to the conclusion that the more often he plays the more our chances of promotion are reduced.

I can forgive the fans for not understanding this, but I find it more difficult to forgive the Manager.

I thought you'd be back once we lost a game. So, Andy King isn't good enough despite playing in most of the games we've won this season eh? Well I think I'll trust Pearson's judgement rather than yours, you juat carry on grinding your axe.

Why does this have to be an all or nothing 'is King good enough or not'? Thing...

I maintain I've seen enough of Andy King to know he's very useful in some games and not so useful in others.

The issue, for me, is not actually about Andy King.. It's about Nigel Pearson. I am simply surprised Nigel plays him in certain games, especially quick-paced, on the back foot, away from home games.

Consistently we have all seen Andy king struggling in games like these and, more importantly, the midfielder he is alongside also out of sorts.

If we don't now go on to secure 2nd spot, we will all rue the day that we lost games like yesterday because, with a bit more depth in the squad games like these are very winnable.

It's not only King though, of course.. On current form I wouldn't have played Vardy yesterday in a month of Sundays.

Waggy or preferably Futacs would have started for me.

Why does this have to be an all or nothing 'is King good enough or not'? Thing...

I maintain I've seen enough of Andy King to know he's very useful in some games and not so useful in others.

The issue, for me, is not actually about Andy King.. It's about Nigel Pearson. I am simply surprised Nigel plays him in certain games, especially quick-paced, on the back foot, away from home games.

Consistently we have all seen Andy king struggling in games like these and, more importantly, the midfielder he is alongside also out of sorts.

If we don't now go on to secure 2nd spot, we will all rue the day that we lost games like yesterday because, with a bit more depth in the squad games like these are very winnable.

It's not only King though, of course.. On current form I wouldn't have played Vardy yesterday in a month of Sundays.

Waggy or preferably Futacs would have started for me.

Well there's no mystery as to why he played yesterday - James isn't quite there yet fitness-wise. I think Vardy, Waghorn and Futacs are all much of a muchness, doubt it'd have made much difference regardless of which one played yesterday.

Well there's no mystery as to why he played yesterday - James isn't quite there yet fitness-wise. I think Vardy, Waghorn and Futacs are all much of a muchness, doubt it'd have made much difference regardless of which one played yesterday.

Do you know James isn't fit to play?

And if you think the playing style of Waggy, Futacs and Vardy are all much of a muchness you ain't been watching very hard mate.

I do agree, ability-wise, I think they are all pretty average.

Whenever Kingy plays our performance level dips. Seem to be outplayed in midfield. Even against wolves we were grateful for the brilliance of Nugent's finishing and could easily have lost that game as wolves dominated the second half in the midfield area.

Do you mean the same Kingy who played in so many of the games that helped take us to the top of the table earlier this season? The same King who played a part in our goal yesterday, who almost prevented one of Peterborough's goals with his block, who made countless important defensive headers and who also layed on another of our best chances.?

King has sometimes deserved criticism but he was one of our better players yesterday and there were some who's contribution was best forgotten Including Waghorn's, yet again. For such a busy player I've rarely known anyone get so little done, so often.

Against the Posh Kingy proved what I have been saying for a number of weeks.

Playing in Central Midfield, you are the most important player on the pitch who is required to both defend and attack.

Too many times yesterday king went shoulder to shoulder to Mccann and Petrucci and lost out, now, i would understand if these two players were over 6ft, well built and strong, but they were not and we need someone to be doing better.

It's amazing how our performance has dropped since the huddersfield cup game, what is the one common denominator? Andy King.

Too many times yesterday the ball bounced around in the middle of the park, and King rarely picked up the pieces in comparison to the peterborough players or drinky.

He doesn't have the creativity of james or drinky, the reading of the game of james or drinky or the ability to actually get physical and put a tackle in like drinky or james, despite their size issues aswell they are certainly more physical.

Can't comment on the game yesterday but as an overall comment that is very strange. You don't score as many goals as King or have the ability to be in the right place (both defensively and offensively) if you don't have an exceptional ability to read the game like King does. Granted Drinky and James are much more tenacious but whenever I see King play he does a lot of the unseen work defensively and allows the other midfielders to try and get their passing game going.

I think that if he can find the back of the net again soon then he could go a long way to getting us to the Premier League. James should be back in soon though as he's been playing really well but I'd consider dropping Drinkwater and trying James and King for Huddersfield.

What was?

C'mon lets have it..

Knockaert didn't see enough of the ball, the full-backs were caught out too much, our strikers didn't link particularly well and Drinkwater was strangely off-colour.

King did a lot of useful defensive work, had a part in our goal and made a run and pass for Vardy which should've seen us 2-0 up.

oh great this shit again

It's embarrassing it really is.

I mean I can half understand with certain players, and I am by no means saying Pearson shouldn't have played James yesterday. But Andy King's been at this club since he was 16 there or there abouts, we all know he's capable at this level.

For you guys who just don't get it, Kingy is NOT good enough or strong enough in a four man midfield and never has been.

Apart from that time we finished in the play-offs with him playing regularly in a four man midfield.

When Wellens carried him for most of the season.

Whether you think it was down to Wellens or not, it's evidence that he has been good enough in a four man midfield, so artursteppe is wrong.

well you clearly didnt go, because i forgot he was even playing! he only touched the ball twice

And set up a chance.

I'd suggest he was better than. Deleat, keane, drinkwater, marshall, vardy. So that makes him one of our better players. No worse than konchesky.

Only. Wes knocky anf nugent can claim amy more credit.

With kingy no longer being the scoring threat of old, he offers little to the team. The game simply passes him by. He gets left behind by the opposition when defending and his favoured pass is usually the backward pass straight back to the defender who gave it to him in the first place. Great for the pass completion stats but not for the actual game. In the past we didn't have much of an alternate to him but now with James we do and I assume he's not quite fit, hence king gets a game. Fingers crossed james is back soon.

Do you know James isn't fit to play?

And if you think the playing style of Waggy, Futacs and Vardy are all much of a muchness you ain't been watching very hard mate.

I do agree, ability-wise, I think they are all pretty average.

James has been injured and I'm sure Pearson doesn't want to rush him back. Plus I thought King was one of our better players yesterday anyway, so I think Pearson was fully justified in playing King. I'd expect to see James get some game time on Tuesday, to ease him back in.

I never said the playing styles of those three strikers were the same, just that they're all on about the same level; lots of endeavour, not a lot of goals. We could've played Waghorn or Futacs instead and I'd bet good money that neither of them would have scored. Waghorn would win the crossbar challenge every week on Soccer AM and Futacs must be the only target man in the world who's absolute dog shit in the air, for a big man he offers no physical presence whatsoever. It's when Nugent doesn't perform that we struggle, especially if Wood is out.

Also, I find it funny how earlier on in the season people were slating Pearson for bringing in James and labelling him a waste of money. How times have changed. A few good games and suddenly we can't do without him. Andy King has more to do with our current league position than Matty James.

Archived