Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kevfromle

Kingy

Whenever Kingy plays our performance level dips. Seem to be outplayed in midfield. Even against wolves we were grateful for the brilliance of Nugent's finishing and could easily have lost that game as wolves dominated the second half in the midfield area.

First half he made a couple of important defensive headers and was generally "busy" throughout the whole game

BUT for some reason it just doesn't work as a pair when he plays with Drinky

Would be interesting to see what would happen if James and King played in there together

For you guys who just don't get it, Kingy is NOT good enough or strong enough in a four man midfield and never has been. I mean, just to get the point over - he is not good enough!

Forget about the odd goal he gets, check the stats, compare all our matches with the central midfielders who played, check the team's performances in those matches, check the points we got and as long as you are not someone who has some sort of 'crush' on Andy King you cannot help but come to the conclusion that the more often he plays the more our chances of promotion are reduced.

I can forgive the fans for not understanding this, but I find it more difficult to forgive the Manager.

For you guys who just don't get it, Kingy is NOT good enough or strong enough in a four man midfield and never has been. I mean, just to get the point over - he is not good enough!

Forget about the odd goal he gets, check the stats, compare all our matches with the central midfielders who played, check the team's performances in those matches, check the points we got and as long as you are not someone who has some sort of 'crush' on Andy King you cannot help but come to the conclusion that the more often he plays the more our chances of promotion are reduced.

I can forgive the fans for not understanding this, but I find it more difficult to forgive the Manager.

Apart from that time we finished in the play-offs with him playing regularly in a four man midfield.

Can't beat a personal opinion being portrade as fact.

This must have been done to death?

King is a lovely player in a side, playing with confidence and controlling a game.

He's too lightweight in a game where we are on the backfoot.

It's been shown over and over again to be the case.

Like Millwall away this season and like yesterday.

Ignore it if you want to. I'd rather be honest and still suggest (as I have done all season) a stronger midfield player in away games.

If anyone has looked at the man of the match overall positions they will know king is fourth. All this bullshît about king not being good enough is doing my head in. Hes having a bad patch but will come good. Look at james, who people thought was terrible is now one of our best performers.

King isn't having a bad patch? Where do you get that crap from. He's the same player he's always been... Will shine in some games, not be the right player for us in others.

And for those who comment on King playing in a 4-4-2 during Pearsons play off season, yes he did.

But he was supported by a younger and fitter Wellens who did much of the defensive work.

Drinky is a different type of player to Wellens.

I simply see King as a decent Championship player and having another midfield option in certain games has been proven to be important many times.

Why do some folk need a scapegoat?

Its a team game,when King plays he always puts in a shift.

He may not be scoring as often as in previous seasons but he makes an important contribution.

Much of his defensive work appears not to be noticed by some posters.

This must have been done to death?

King is a lovely player in a side, playing with confidence and controlling a game.

He's too lightweight in a game where we are on the backfoot.

It's been shown over and over again to be the case.

Like Millwall away this season and like yesterday.

Ignore it if you want to. I'd rather be honest and still suggest (as I have done all season) a stronger midfield player in away games.

I agree with this. King is not a terrible player, in fact he is a very good footballer when given the time on the ball.

Sadly we don`t often get teams who allow you time in this league, and King is easily bullied.

There are certain games however, where you know it`s going to be a battle, like yesterday and Millwall, and where we need a tough midfielder who is ready to roll his sleeves up and scrap for every ball.

Much as i like King as a footballer, he just isn`t that type of player.

I thought King played ok on the whole yesterday, although having watched the highlights I am a little concerned as to why he was involved in both of Pboro's goals as I think he is most effective going forward and not playing the anchor role. For me, I'd even go as far as to say given the poor form of Vardy and Waghorn, along with injury to Wood, that it'd be worth giving him a run out up front partnering Nuge as he is one of the most natural finishers at the club and could also drop into midfield when the opposition has the ball. Just a thought, but generally do think he is a decent player when on form.

I thought he started the season off well after winning back his place and I was happy to eat my words but he just doesn't affect games enough, especially away from home. Take away the late runs and goal threat he once had and you've not got much left - I remember him saying Lampard was his idol, and at times I could see why, but Kings game is drifting further and further from that each season. Massive shame.

Against the Posh Kingy proved what I have been saying for a number of weeks.

Playing in Central Midfield, you are the most important player on the pitch who is required to both defend and attack.

Too many times yesterday king went shoulder to shoulder to Mccann and Petrucci and lost out, now, i would understand if these two players were over 6ft, well built and strong, but they were not and we need someone to be doing better.

It's amazing how our performance has dropped since the huddersfield cup game, what is the one common denominator? Andy King.

Too many times yesterday the ball bounced around in the middle of the park, and King rarely picked up the pieces in comparison to the peterborough players or drinky.

He doesn't have the creativity of james or drinky, the reading of the game of james or drinky or the ability to actually get physical and put a tackle in like drinky or james, despite their size issues aswell they are certainly more physical.

Archived